• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game Bugs NO SPOILERS INSIDE

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Read through this thread and never realized how severe this problem was. If this is the case with the american version, I can wait to get it until they release a patch. I still can't believe this is happening though. I've never really heard of that number of glitches in a game before--especially a KH game.

LAA

Read through this thread and never realized how severe this problem was. If this is the case with the american version, I can wait to get it until they release a patch. I still can't believe this is happening though. I've never really heard of that number of glitches in a game before--especially a KH game.

I dont think theres that many really though.
The portal glitch is definately the most annoying glitch as it can interfere with progress in the game, boss/flowmotion glitches seem much rarer and less harmful though.
I do see what you mean about glitches for KH in general though. This game was kinda rushed it seemed. Developers did say they only had a year, which was a short period for KH games really, so could explain glitches in the game. For me, I havent really encountered many glitches really... Apart from the slowdowns sometimes.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Found a glitch just a while ago: in Symphony of Sorcery I was playing with Sora in that area where you're kept afloat. Got hit by an enemy attack and Sora got stuck in that falling animation close to a wall. But I was close to Dropping so I let it happen. Still playing as Riku at the moment.

EDIT: Dropping fixed it, but I expected as much.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Lol, there are definitely games with more and worse glitches than this.

ddta1177

Do you think it's possible for Square Enix to have fixed the bug for the NA version? I hope iI don't get the bug when I get the game Tuesday. Is there a chance that certain games don't have this glitch?

I did some research and someone found this fix it says in order to make the secret portals appear again you have to beat the story as Sora and then they should go back to normal. See here:http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997779-kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-distance/63539815?page=1

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Do you think it's possible for Square Enix to have fixed the bug for the NA version? I hope iI don't get the bug when I get the game Tuesday. Is there a chance that certain games don't have this glitch?

I did some research and someone found this fix it says in order to make the secret portals appear again you have to beat the story as Sora and then they should go back to normal. See here:About Sora and Riku's Link Portal glitch... - Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs
Well, actually, I finished the game but then I did my first special portal in Traverse Town as Riku and it came up as Sora.

LAA

Sadly after beating the game on critical now. I'm sure the glitch has affected me now. In TWTNW, I thought I beat a portal with sora, but I checked it later on and couldn't remember, but now oddly, according to the forecast, both sora and riku both list a portal as being done.
So gutted about this, I done every single portal before TWTNW to avoid it messing me, but on TWNTW, I would need to beat the game anyway to get access to all portals. Really hoping on a patch for this glitch... Or if that beating game as sora fix works, but I sadly doubt it. I'll see what people say about it.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Lol, there are definitely games with more and worse glitches than this.

MX9Eg.gif

*coughcough*

siegleeagle

Could this just be a pal version thing? Because untill today we had no way in testing the na version for these except for a select few people.

axel95

Awards
Could this just be a pal version thing? Because untill today we had no way in testing the na version for these except for a select few people.
I doubt that it is. I'm going to skip Riku's first flashback just in case though. Not taking any chances.

siegleeagle

Yeah me neither. Im going to watch a youtube video of that part that way i can still experience the cutscene at the time i skip it instead of later.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Seems I didn't get the portal bug after all despite having "The end" already in my journal.
I just finished the Kooma Panda Special portal (No. 45) with Sora in the Botanic Garden, so the placement seems to be correct.

MardukKurios

Actually I have enough with this game.

I finished the game, saw the credits, everything was a-okay and now the Data kupoed up again!

Nintendo is like "We know the Bug exists but its Square Enix Matter to deal with it."

Oh god I am so mad right now. I am SO GLAD that I imported the Japanese Version back then.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And what was fucked up again this time? Again the portals?

This is the first time I see a KH game having such severely hampering bugs...<__<

MardukKurios

I am more angry about Nintendo, he was just trying to end the phone call with wishy washy stupid talk and like "you can finish the game so its not THAT bad".

Oh god, maybe if I finish the game again maybe the same bug occur and will correct itself.

(Because after the Game Ends, the Portals of Riku were still in the Order and Sora was "oversaved" so if this time the Game ends with Riku and its saves back to Sora, it could be okay again!)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Typical reaction of someone who either doesn't want to care for the problem or cannot due to whatever reasons.

So I take from this, that the order of the portals can be screwed up several times and not only once in the beginning?
I just recently finished the Kooma Panda-special Portal No. 45 with Sora in the Botanic Garden (the one containing a Kooma Panda and some Tama Sheep), so my order should be correct right now, right?

And the ending will screw that up again? o_0

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Check your journal. If it says "NEW TRAVERSE TOWN SPECIAL PORTAL RIKU" or something, then yeah it screwed up.

MardukKurios

It does not care at all.

If the order is correct the End can screw it up again, true Story here.
I hope that it will change with the "second attempt" of finishing the Last Bosses... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back