• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game Bugs NO SPOILERS INSIDE

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
So is it hard finding these Portals? I mean without the guide. :v

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Ok, so i think if you start the game and skip all tutorials and flashbacks up to when Riku first drops back to Sora, your data should be fine.

Meaning you could probably watch/play future flashbacks/tutorials, i think it stuffs up when playing as Riku initially.
You can go back and watch the flashbacks and play the tutorials after you have dropped to Sora and the Drop gauge is introduced.
This will not affect the data.

I'm gonna try do just Sora's tutorials, before the drop to Riku.
I want to isolate and see if it's just Riku's tutorials and the flashback you get there that stuff up the data.

EDIT: As i suspected, the problem lies with the tutorial and flashback shown during Riku's first segment. If you skip those two, your data should be fine. You can re-watch/play them later and it will not affect the data.

I isolated it even more, you can do the tutorial with Riku, but the flashback after that will cause the game data glitch.

Last edited:

Rallade

Awards
Ok, so i think if you start the game and skip all tutorials and flashbacks up to when Riku first drops back to Sora, your data should be fine.

Meaning you could probably watch/play future flashbacks/tutorials, i think it stuffs up when playing as Riku initially.
You can go back and watch the flashbacks and play the tutorials after you have dropped to Sora and the Drop gauge is introduced.

I want to isolate and see if it's just Riku's tutorials and the flashback you get there that stuff up the data.

EDIT: As i suspected, the problem lies with the tutorial and flashback shown during Riku's first segment. If you skip those two, your data should be fine. You can re-watch/play them later and it will not affect the data.

I isolated it even more, you can do the tutorial with Riku, but the flashback after that will cause the game data glitch.

That's great to know! But just in case, does this happen all the time?

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
That's great to know! But just in case, does this happen all the time?

Yes i can confirm. I just tried again with an entirely new save. Skipped that one flashback while playing with Riku the first time, and the Portals are just fine. No "The End" in the journal either.
Maybe someone should mail this to Square Enix? So they can find the solution? I mean now that we kind of know what's causing it, it may help them.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
When I called Nintendo, they said to me that I was the ONLY one who told about those Problems.
But if there aren't any further people who state the same, maybe they will just let it sink down... I hope not.

Okay! Next Post is the recognize Help from me! :)

There are some people in this thread who said they have had the same problem correct? You guys should send something to them, too, if this is the case.

LAA

I dont think I've had this problem as severe as other people have, but I'm still hoping I dont get these problems on this save.
I realise I had these problems on my first save, then when I made a new save on critical after beating the game, I guess it may be caused mementos. I'm not entirely sure if memento's + "End" dairy entry are linked, but in my 2nd save, I've only had the "End" diary entry appear once, and luckily I reverted to a save to before I had that and havent had it appear since, (Which I suspect was caused from looking at a cutscene in mementos).
So far I'm on the musketeer world, and have done around 2/3 portals in each world with Sora/Riku and checked after if the diary entry says I did that with sora or riku.
The only weird problem I had involving a portal in this save was in pranksters paradise with sora. I went into the caves first chance I had (Caves where the lord kyou frog dream eater can appear), and found a special portal there and beat it. Then later on when the story actually pushed me to that location, I found the exact same portal again and beat it again. I dont think it seems to have messed with anything though, nothing new was added in my diary, I just seemed to have somehow beat the same portal again.

Hopefully Square Enix will acknowledge the problem. Bad news about nintendo seeming to think only a minority (Only 1 perhaps), suffer from this problem.

MardukKurios

I dont think I've had this problem as severe as other people have, but I'm still hoping I dont get these problems on this save.
I realise I had these problems on my first save, then when I made a new save on critical after beating the game, I guess it may be caused mementos. I'm not entirely sure if memento's + "End" dairy entry are linked, but in my 2nd save, I've only had the "End" diary entry appear once, and luckily I reverted to a save to before I had that and havent had it appear since, (Which I suspect was caused from looking at a cutscene in mementos).
So far I'm on the musketeer world, and have done around 2/3 portals in each world with Sora/Riku and checked after if the diary entry says I did that with sora or riku.
The only weird problem I had involving a portal in this save was in pranksters paradise with sora. I went into the caves first chance I had (Caves where the lord kyou frog dream eater can appear), and found a special portal there and beat it. Then later on when the story actually pushed me to that location, I found the exact same portal again and beat it again. I dont think it seems to have messed with anything though, nothing new was added in my diary, I just seemed to have somehow beat the same portal again.

Hopefully Square Enix will acknowledge the problem. Bad news about nintendo seeming to think only a minority (Only 1 perhaps), suffer from this problem.

Actually I had the same thing (with the return of the portal) but it does not seem to happen anything at all.
But all Portals will appear with every Drop, if you have finished it already, then you have finished this one and that's all.

State

Awards
You guys should make a thread for reporting the bugs to NINTENDO. :v

axel95

Awards

Excellent to know!!! At what time can we re-watch it without it having an affect?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Seta, are these glitches in the North American version as well? I know you have mentioned encountering other glitches, both of which seem to involve getting stuck during gameplay but are easily solvable. But you didn't confirm or deny the presence of these much more serious glitches in the game? I just want to be prepared.

Excellent to know!!! At what time can we re-watch it without it having an affect?

I think he meant anytime after the initial time it appears. I think anyway.

You guys should make a thread for reporting the bugs to NINTENDO. :v

Lol this, its all well and good that people found a way to bypass the glitch, but it would make more sense for everyone to e-mail Nintendo so they know this is a very real problem and not just think its one person...

MardukKurios

Seta, are these glitches in the North American version as well? I know you have mentioned encountering other glitches, both of which seem to involve getting stuck during gameplay but are easily solvable. But you didn't confirm or deny the presence of these much more serious glitches in the game? I just want to be prepared.

I think he meant anytime after the initial time it appears. I think anyway.

Lol this, its all well and good that people found a way to bypass the glitch, but it would make more sense for everyone to e-mail Nintendo so they know this is a very real problem and not just think its one person...

I already wrote them, but they didn't answer since then, I even called them by phone for getting the answer they are still checking this out...

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I already wrote them, but they didn't answer since then, I even called them by phone for getting the answer they are still checking this out...

Well I meant other than you, you said they claimed you were the only person who reported it right? So I figured if everyone else in this thread who has the game, and has had this happen to them as well would message them then that would at least start to change their minds,

Rallade

Awards
Yes i can confirm. I just tried again with an entirely new save. Skipped that one flashback while playing with Riku the first time, and the Portals are just fine. No "The End" in the journal either.
Maybe someone should mail this to Square Enix? So they can find the solution? I mean now that we kind of know what's causing it, it may help them.

What about if we watch the flashback, except for the last second and then skip the scene?

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
What about if we watch the flashback, except for the last second and then skip the scene?

The data mess up happens at the very beginning of the flashback, so you need to skip it entirely when you first get it (it's part of the memoire system, so you can chose to skip it before it starts playing)

You can re-watch it once you drop from Riku back to Sora for the first time(right before the drop gauge is introduced).

Veriun

I watched all tutorials and cutscenes (English-language version). I didn't get the glitch.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I got the one that says "Ending" in Sora's dive but it didn't screw anything up for me.
Special portals are fine, I got the mickey next to the dives, secret message, secret ending, etc.

Last edited:

EternalDreamer

I got the 'Ending' dive glitch, but only after i finished Prankster's Paradise. Before that it wasn't there, and I check the reports all the time.
The portals are fine for me so far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back