• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gah my friend!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial Star

Pokemon=<3
Okay. So I'm a freshman in college.
Most of my friends are Sophmores, juniors and seniors in highschool.
So I havent talked to most of them since school started....or any for a long time. I've only talk to three over the summer.

One IMed me toay, like she rarely oes, so it was a nice surprise to hear from one of my friends.

She says(i'm summarizing) Hi how are you?? How's college??

I answer back
Her-I miss u! e havent talke in liek forever!
Me-I reply

Her-so
Me-Hmm?

I wait....an wait...nothing.
So I ask her about it
Her-Wel i ran out of things to talk about an you usually talk non stop

I sit there, some what hurt...because think about it. That sounds like she depns on me for conversation topics.
I asked her about ti an she said es she does.
So what the heck?!

And now i tried talking to her about the upcoming KH games. Then while we talking...[she likes the games too an cant wait for them, so she's interested in the topic] so she cuts me off in between to talk about her sister, randomly.

An now she said didnt want to chat really, which is what seemed like at first, but mainly to check up on me.

basically, I just want your opinions on two things
1. How she depends on me for topics of conversation
2. How she cut me off while I was talking, which is highly rue if I may say so myself.
I may be overly sensitive again...but she's cut me off countless times when we were in conversation an talks about something COMPLETELY different She knows she does it, which makes it worse.

Last edited:

Zeph

imp of the perverse
Okay. So I'm a freshman in college.
Most of my friends are Sophmores, juniors and seniors in highschool.
So I havent talked to most of them since school started....or any for a long time. I've only talk to three over the summer.

One IMed me toay, like she rarely oes, so it was a nice surprise to hear from one of my friends.

She says(i'm summarizing) Hi how are you?? How's college??

I answer back
Her-I miss u! e havent talke in liek forever!
Me-I reply

Her-so
Me-Hmm?

I wait....an wait...nothing.
So I ask her about it
Her-Wel i ran out of things to talk about an you usually talk non stop

I sit there, some what hurt...because think about it. That sounds like she depns on me for conversation topics.
I asked her about ti an she said es she does.
So what the heck?!

And now i tried talking to her about the upcoming KH games. Then while we talking...[she likes the games too an cant wait for them, so she's interested in the topic] so she cuts me off in between to talk about her sister, randomly.

An now she said didnt want to chat really, which is what seemed like at first, but mainly to check up on me.

basically, I just want your opinions on two things
1. How she depends on me for topics of conversation
2. How she cut me off while I was talking, which is highly rue if I may say so myself.
I may be overly sensitive again...but she's cut me off countless times when we were in conversation an talks about something COMPLETELY different She knows she does it, which makes it worse.

1. Is she quiet? Because I'm naturally shy and quiet, so I find it difficult to come up with topics of convo.

2. It is rude, to interrupt you with a different subject. But is she having problems with her sister? Sometimes I have a hard time bringing up painful or awkward subject matters so I just blurt out whatever it is I need to say, because if I don't say it then, I'll have to work up the courage to say it all over again. But if she does it often, then maybe you should ask her to stop and let her know that it's not polite to interrupt over and over again even if you are friends.

Celestial Star

Pokemon=<3
1. Is she quiet? Because I'm naturally shy and quiet, so I find it difficult to come up with topics of convo.

2. It is rude, to interrupt you with a different subject. But is she having problems with her sister? Sometimes I have a hard time bringing up painful or awkward subject matters so I just blurt out whatever it is I need to say, because if I don't say it then, I'll have to work up the courage to say it all over again. But if she does it often, then maybe you should ask her to stop and let her know that it's not polite to interrupt over and over again even if you are friends.

1. She's not shy at all. She's outgoing

2. She's not having trouble. She was like "did I tell you I met my half sister?"
so it was a good topic.

Rabello

Don't talk to girl about games. Changing the topic is their way of saying "we don't give a damn".

And I tend to cut every conversation I have. Like if I talk to a friend (girl, boy... Either one), I might just pull random stuff out of my head. I'm not being rude, I just find the current conversation much more boring than the one we could be having about stuff I have in mind.

Mostly the replys are around "eww" or "WTF is wrong with you?!".

A

Azrael

Make some friends who want to talk to you about the same stuff you like

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Most people just don't know how to start a topic.
I don't like to do it. =P

Zeph

imp of the perverse
1. She's not shy at all. She's outgoing

2. She's not having trouble. She was like "did I tell you I met my half sister?"
so it was a good topic.

Ok, well since she knows what she's doing when she cuts you off, then I would suggest asking her why she does that so often and then let her know that you dislike it. Maybe she's just not aware that it bothers you.

MrFreshPrince

Don't talk to girl about games. Changing the topic is their way of saying "we don't give a damn".

And I tend to cut every conversation I have. Like if I talk to a friend (girl, boy... Either one), I might just pull random stuff out of my head. I'm not being rude, I just find the current conversation much more boring than the one we could be having about stuff I have in mind.

Mostly the replys are around "eww" or "WTF is wrong with you?!".

Haha. Cosign :cool:

C

calvinyou89

Lol true, theres only a selected few brave ones like us who can handle it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back