• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

G4 Showed KH3D some love

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: G4 Show'd KH3D some love

Unless a particularly nasty boss battle takes longer than expected because you wouldn't know a strategy for it until after you fight it and some bosses inflict status effects that make you drop faster.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Unless a particularly nasty boss battle takes longer than expected because you wouldn't know a strategy for it until after you fight it and some bosses inflict status effects that make you drop faster.

This this this. And did I mention this?

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Finally somebody gives KH the love it deserves~

I can tell the drop gauge is probably gonna piss me off. Mainly because i like to rush through the games to see the story while leveling up takes a back seat. But if the Character Switching Death gauge is gonna play a Major factor in boss battles im gonna have to put in some work this time around...
You can always use loads of drop-me-nots to refill the drop gauge so you won't have that much of a problem.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Finally somebody gives KH the love it deserves~

You can always use loads of drop-me-nots to refill the drop gauge so you won't have that much of a problem.

That is true, I actually forgot about those. I don't like using items though. Haven't used items in a Kingdom Hearts game since Days I believe.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Wow. I think this is the highest KH has ever gotton. 4.5/5 is a great great score. Go KH3D!

State

Awards

Some bosses can inflict status ailments that make you drop faster.
The game just sounds harder and harder.

Sure, it makes the boss battles more tedious... but not in a good way imo. It's nice of them to try something different though.
Deal with it. They're actually trying to make recent games harder, for once. :]

Oh cool, there are Drop Gauge recovering items? :3

I just find it odd that the review lacks any mention of Flowmotion.
And Reality Shift. But honestly, they're not all that, seeing as how Flowmotion looks like Sora's combo abilities he can equip in KH2 and Reality Shift like Reaction Commands.

But honestly, with the lots of things they've experimented with the different games, they could try and make KH3 the best in the series. '_'

Phantom Knight

I'm honestly surprise to see G4 give Kingdom Hearts such a positive score. It's probably because the reviewer is someone I don't know from G4.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Reality shifts are too cheap, I wouldn't like to see them again. Now floemotion on the other hand turned KH into a whole new game

Swordsy

Yeah I believe the whole dropping during boss battles was my biggest concern, but I'll have to wait and see.

And since you guys are already discussing difficulty, I have a question: Which is the hardest mode to play on, proud or critical?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I guess they meant how Traverse Town and Symphony of Sorcery are amazing and creative, but (they said) that Country of the Musketeers was not nearly as creative and "flat" in comparison. Hmm...I guess I can see that, too?

In defense of Country of the Musketeers, that really isn't that fair of a comparison in my opinion. If you have seen the movies that they are based on, Fantasia has so much more that they can use as opposed to Country of the Musketeers. Honestly, CotM is based off of a movie that didn't have many different locations. I think SE did a fine job comparing what they were given.

That is true, I actually forgot about those. I don't like using items though. Haven't used items in a Kingdom Hearts game since Days I believe.

Yup. I try not to use items in any game whether it be Pokemon, KH, or FF. I don't know, it must be because using items is so permanent and you can't get it back without spending money.

Critical mode. However, it's not available from the start.

How much harder is Critical as opposed to Proud mode? A lot, or is it like the average KH where you just do half damage and they do double.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
In defense of Country of the Musketeers, that really isn't that fair of a comparison in my opinion. If you have seen the movies that they are based on, Fantasia has so much more that they can use as opposed to Country of the Musketeers. Honestly, CotM is based off of a movie that didn't have many different locations. I think SE did a fine job comparing what they were given.

Yup. I try not to use items in any game whether it be Pokemon, KH, or FF. I don't know, it must be because using items is so permanent and you can't get it back without spending money.

How much harder is Critical as opposed to Proud mode? A lot, or is it like the average KH where you just do half damage and they do double.

Trust me, I know why the worlds are like they are :p I even said it really isn't a con to the game whatsoever.

SORA619

Awards
Drop System Sux! APPROVED!

I really liked the environmets thought. I had law expectations and they got me by suprise! Of course there were times it felt like they were completely ripped off from the past games. Like the first book in fantasia world in Riku's side. It was like the wonderland's woods...

MinerKing

I think the change in the North American version of KH3D makes it to where, when you drop during a boss fight, and then later you return to that boss fight, both you and the boss you were fighting will start back with full health, instead of just the boss like in the Japanese version.

All things considered I think the drop system is a much better way to tell the story than "pick this character and play." By the time you come to finish the game you really get that feeling that both Sora and Riku were making equal progress. They reach the ending at basically the same time and it ties everything together in a way that playing through separate stories can't hope to match.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I think the change in the North American version of KH3D makes it to where, when you drop during a boss fight, and then later you return to that boss fight, both you and the boss you were fighting will start back with full health, instead of just the boss like in the Japanese version.

All things considered I think the drop system is a much better way to tell the story than "pick this character and play." By the time you come to finish the game you really get that feeling that both Sora and Riku were making equal progress. They reach the ending at basically the same time and it ties everything together in a way that playing through separate stories can't hope to match.

This. This is pretty much the entire point of the Drop system, and I certainly prefer it to the way BBS handled the story telling. I fact when I was playing BBS Final Mix I actually switched back and forth between the character's story lines according to the timeline in the Trinity Report to try and emulate the way DDD does it more :p

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Even though I appreciate that change, I feel they should have kept that feature. At least in critical mode to make the game a little harder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back