• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Future Battle Systems?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia
What kind of battle system do you think they'll using in KH3?

The one in days is definitely out, b/c it's mission based and despised by many.
Chain of Memories is also out, b/c they're not gonna want cards in the next "Main Game."

That leaves BBS' battle system, with Command Decks, and the traditional KH style of HP, MP, and Drive/Summons.

BBS's battle system has received much praise, and is much more enjoyable to look at (haven't played yet; can't wait) with characters using their skills to their highest level (Tornado, Wish Blade, Quake). However, the typical KH game with KH1 and KH2's playstyle is more traditional, so I think the next game will resemble that one more.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Re: What Sort of BS in the next Kingdom Hearts?

lol when I saw "BS" in the thread title, I was expecting this to be another one of those "this series now sucks" threads.

hopefully, it will be a new system. I'd rather they not use just a BBS clone, i'd like to see new ideas being implemented.

Wheels

lol when I saw "BS" in the thread title, I was expecting this to be another one of those "this series now sucks" threads.

Haha, so did I XD

Anyways, I'm thinking maybe taking a bit from all the battle systems, as well as what the KH team have learnt by doing FFvsXIII, all mixed together with new aspects

Radon

mofo

I'm thinking they're not going to differ much from the original system for the numbered titles.

But I'm thinking that they will probably use BBS' system again in the future. We already have it in Re:Coded, who's to say its not going to be in 3D or the other game before KH3.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

I'm thinking it will be a hybrid between the BBS battle system and the KH2 battle system with a little bit of FFvsXIII thrown in. For example I think drive forms will return, but instead of having a drive gauge, the command guage will be used instead. So like if Sora fills up his command guage using alot of magic commands then he will enter Wisdom Form or something like it.

Then once you're in a drive form they should have some element from VersusXIII in order to spice it up. As for summons, I think they should use something similar to D-Links but have the summon actually come out and fight alongside you like in FFX.

Now when it comes to reaction commands, it's okay to have them to make things look flashy and to help in tight spots but water down their strength some so they aren't overpowering like in KH2.

Add new drive forms, have alot more original and some FF characters be party members or allys. Also add some brand new elements just for KHIII

That's all I got for right now.

HiByeYou987

I'm thinking it will be a hybrid between the BBS battle system and the KH2 battle system with a little bit of FFvsXIII thrown in. For example I think drive forms will return, but instead of having a drive gauge, the command guage will be used instead. So like if Sora fills up his command guage using alot of magic commands then he will enter Wisdom Form or something like it.

Then once you're in a drive form they should have some element from VersusXIII in order to spice it up. As for summons, I think they should use something similar to D-Links but have the summon actually come out and fight alongside you like in FFX.

Now when it comes to reaction commands, it's okay to have them to make things look flashy and to help in tight spots but water down their strength some so they aren't overpowering like in KH2.

Add new drive forms, have alot more original and some FF characters be party members or allys. Also add some brand new elements just for KHIII

I agree with everything but the reaction commands part. They should be limited to how they were used in Sora's story in Re: CoM

k99y77

Awards

i hope KH3's battle system will be the same as KH2 but without the chargeable MP crap
and i hope they use the d-link again i think its way better than the summons

Z3N

I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.

I agree 100%.
I like the idea with the command gauge too...I'd have lots of fun with that. :D
And I liked KHII reaction commands. But they'd need to tone the power down...yikes!!

Now I'm thinking VersusXIII will have a huge impact as well. In what ways? I don't know, seeing as very little is known at the current time. But seeing as the main KH team has been working on it for HOW many years now...? It seems likely they'll take something from it, and make it less violent.
And they're not going to duplicate BBS system no matter HOW MUCH people would want that. (I don't. Gimme something new!!)
Chances are high that they'll incorporate pieces from several of the games, then add new content just as they always do. :) It seems to be their pattern...
Other than that? I'm clueless. :D

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

I'm thinking they're not going to differ much from the original system for the numbered titles.

But I'm thinking that they will probably use BBS' system again in the future. We already have it in Re:Coded, who's to say its not going to be in 3D or the other game before KH3.
Well, Nomura already said he had three brand new gameplay systems in mind for KH3D, so, I doubt they will reuse BBS'.

I think, generally, they want to keep trying out new ideas for gameplay, and not simply improve on the old ones.

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia

I thought you would! That's how you get people to read your threads; eye-catching titles.

I personally would like a KHII battle style, with MP for spells, but for special moves (Tornado, Holy, Strike Raid) to run on a cooldown system like BBS.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

KH sucks tho

I believe that KH has stumbled on something amazing with the deck command system. If not the exact thing, something similar. Because of you go back to KH2s shitty button mashing battle system then I probably won't buy it since it didn't offer anything new gameplay wise. Just watch it on streams or youtube. But yeah, command styles and more interactive gameplay. Bring back some of KH1s famous platforming, yo. Bring in the some old techniques that we have seen from Re:com since I liked that game. And add something completely new that balances the game.

pce and love plz

ReflectoMan

Awards

Most likely nothing too far off from the originals, but I also hope the don't just clone 'BBS' or 'KH1'

KH sucks tho

I believe that KH has stumbled on something amazing with the deck command system. If not the exact thing, something similar. Because of you go back to KH2s shitty button mashing battle system then I probably won't buy it since it didn't offer anything new gameplay wise. Just watch it on streams or youtube. But yeah, command styles and more interactive gameplay. Bring back some of KH1s famous platforming, yo. Bring in the some old techniques that we have seen from Re:com since I liked that game. And add something completely new that balances the game.

pce and love plz

Why does everyone say this, give them some credit they probably worked their asses off working on the deck command system. So DON'T just say "square enix is so lucky they stumbled on something THEY MADE", seriously people.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY

there is no bull poop in kh.
lol.

no i hope they use a combination of newer ones but still keeping some of the classics. oh and no reaction command, plese

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Most likely nothing too far off from the originals, but I also hope the don't just clone 'BBS' or 'KH1'

Why does everyone say this, give them some credit they probably worked their asses off working on the deck command system. So DON'T just say "square enix is so lucky they stumbled on something THEY MADE", seriously people.

lol you give them too much credit. BBS battle system was inspired by both Crisis core and recom obviously. So yeah, I see you hatin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back