• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Fusion Swords" vs. "Fusion Sword"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myst Knight

Awards
I have a bit of a question regarding Cloud's weapon in Advent Children. Ever since a certain interview named Cloud's weapon as the "Fusion Swords", people have called it by the plural, referring to its ability to split into several different blades. However, it always seemed awkward to me, since the completed "Fusion Swords" set appears as one sword. Moreover, in Final Fantasy Explorers, the "Fusion Swords" weapon is simply referred to as the "Fusion Sword" in the singular, making me wonder if this is the official translated name of the weapon for Western audiences.

Folks, what do you call this weapon? "Fusion Swords" or "Fusion Sword"? Which one is more "correct?"

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I have a bit of a question regarding Cloud's weapon in Advent Children. Ever since a certain interview named Cloud's weapon as the "Fusion Swords", people have called it by the plural, referring to its ability to split into several different blades. However, it always seemed awkward to me, since the completed "Fusion Swords" set appears as one sword. Moreover, in Final Fantasy Explorers, the "Fusion Swords" weapon is simply referred to as the "Fusion Sword" in the singular, making me wonder if this is the official translated name of the weapon for Western audiences.

Folks, what do you call this weapon? "Fusion Swords" or "Fusion Sword"? Which one is more "correct?"

Well, I prefer Fusion Sword because the original (Gattai Ken) translates to "Combined Sword". It makes more sense to me since, like you've already said, the smaller swords fuse into ONE big sword.

Myst Knight

Awards
That makes sense. I just get skeptical when Westerners like me have to glean information from translated interviews, since things are often taken out of context, or there's some cultural thing that we miss. Also, sometimes SquareEnix changes their mind on what we're supposed to call certain things in the West. I still can't get used to the whole Aeris/Aerith thing, and end up always calling her "Aeris."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back