• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Funny/Unexpected things that happens during a performance.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
this past year, my school play was Beauty and the Beast. my friend was the Beast, and during one of our practice performances (we performed for Senior Citizens) at the transformation scene he has about a minute to wipe off all the Beast's make-up, take off the costume, and become "human" again. well...when the lights shone on him and he was "human", he forgot to take his Beast nose off...so he was human with a snout. pretty funny. he quickly took it off on stage

Elorah

Awards
Well it was actually a rehearsal for a production that's happening in a couple of days. I was watching a short skit some of my friends were doing, and while they were rehearsing, the teacher and some others were messing around with all the tech stuff. So my friends were all going through thier lines as normal, and someone said the line "well, let me tell you..." and just as she said it, a really cliche sort of music came on.

Then she recited her next few lines in song while the other cast members clicked thier fingers to the beat. It was very random indeed.

Aliahya

Bronze Member
I fell over in both a) hoorible costume,
b) in front of a full audience
c) in front of a guy i liked at the time
d) in front of my best friends who said to me after the show me "fall" looked real
e) it was totaly accident and didnt exactly fit the scene to bigin with
f) i went "OOOFFF" really loud and yeah never lived it down

i also forgot my lines in a show when the represenativce for an awards night was there eck we improvised improvisation it was horrible

Choc

In my school's play of Robin Hood, we made Friar Tuck into a friar who loves to eat fried chicken, not sure why, so the actor is basically pretending to eat fried chicken when he's on stage. So after one scene when everyone walks offstage Robin Hood picks up a drumstick off the floor and gives it to the Friar and says, "You dropped your chicken." and Friar Tuck replies, "Oh 30-second rule."

Elorah

Awards
The other day, the junior school production was on with all the little kids. Some of my friends were doing tech stuff, and they had a microphone so they could hear everything that was going on. In the performance, the little kids playing the bad guys pretty much run on stage and scream "I AM *insert name here*". So there was this one kid that ran on.. her character's name was Whacker... and she screamed out "I AM ... *something else* xD"

Wicked

absurdiam
My school musical was "The Wizard of OZ" and I was playing the Tin Man. YAY!

During a performance to some little kids, I stufed up half the words in the second act and when the curtain closed for the first act I said, "That was the shitest performance I've ever done" and my microphone was still on. WOOPS!

It was fun though.

D

Deleted member 70496

Well, my high school orchestra would have one concert every year called the collage concert where we'd have skits and do silly things. It was mostly to entertain the younger orchestra students.

One year something we were going to do was play the themes from Pirates of the Caribbean and we were all supposed to drop out at one point, and then come back in together shortly after. But, something with the lights went wrong and none of us could really see so we were all confused as to where to come in. When it came time no one started playing except one cello. It actually turned out to sound a lot better and more interesting than our originally idea. It started with one cellist then slowly, a few at a time, the rest of the orchestra started playing along. Pretty cool mistake, haha.

Wicked

absurdiam
Well, my high school orchestra would have one concert every year called the collage concert where we'd have skits and do silly things. It was mostly to entertain the younger orchestra students.

One year something we were going to do was play the themes from Pirates of the Caribbean and we were all supposed to drop out at one point, and then come back in together shortly after. But, something with the lights went wrong and none of us could really see so we were all confused as to where to come in. When it came time no one started playing except one cello. It actually turned out to sound a lot better and more interesting than our originally idea. It started with one cellist then slowly, a few at a time, the rest of the orchestra started playing along. Pretty cool mistake, haha.

HAHAHA!! I love things that go wrong that end up good. hehe.

Fuyu

It was in a rehearsal, but I accidently fell a sleep while wating my turn to come to the stage.

Also, there was this time when I was in the Little Mermaid. It was a huge theater project for kids and teens. There was a scene when the little mermaids sisters (including me) were telling about what their dream man would be like. One of us was supposed to say "Opiskelee lääkäriksi, on pienenä hallunnut palomieheksi." meaning "Studies to become a doctor, dreamed to be a firefighter when he was a kid."

By accident, instead of palomies, she said panomies, which mean about the same as gigolo.
I heard later that the mothers in the audience had gotten quite furious : D

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
er I dunno if this counts but when I saw Lion King on stage or whatever. There was a part where the sun rises and they pull it up and its kinda in folds to make it more artsy, well one of the folds got caught and it was all tilted. And everyone would shut the **** up. It annoyed me more than it was funny. But still.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
I remember I had a minor role in a play about a fairy tale. Little Red Riding Hood and it was quite funny because one of the person did their line and as they were about to walk out of the stage, they walked in the wrong direction, realized it, and then went the other way, and fell in front of the audience. The person was okay but quite humiliated though it was funny. =P

shinysilver

My sophomore year, we did Seussical for the musical. I was Max the dog, and my boyfriend (we weren't dating then) was the Grinch. On our first night open to the public as soon as we got done singing the song during the Who's Christmas pageant, he reached down to pat my head. I didn't get my horn on right, so when he touched it, it slipped off my head and onto my face.

I didn't know what else to do but act like it was supposed to happen, and then fix it when the attention was shifted to the other side of the stage. My face left like it was burning, but it was pretty funny.

Wicked

absurdiam
My favourite bits of shows is when you have to make things up. I'm in a show right now, and we have to make things up all over the show, it's awsome. It's funny when you accidently fall of the stage, HA!

Michael Sykes

Once I was so excited that my nose bled before the gig.

I remember another one that I was actually left without my drumsticks. As that was going to be a shorter gig, I did not take some extra pairs of drumsticks and then I broke the sticks I got into two. Luckily, my bandmates could cover that up for me - we played an acoustic song and I helped them with the background vocals. :)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
When I was like 5 or 6, at the end of year school concert, I was the Octopus in 'In an octopus' garden'. At the end I went up to the mic and said 'Goodbye everybody'.

Trag

Bronze Member
Once, at a charlie brown musical, this cute girl wasn't wearing a bra, and whenever she did her dance her breasts bounced like mad. It was enjoyable, but she was quite embarrassed after the play. I think it was my favorite interpretation of Peppermint Patty(?) ever.

Also, I've always thought it would be funny to see someone get up on stage and go to say something, and then think "Just picture them all naked and you won't be nervous anymore!" and then get an erection.

Jinjo

∞;4156868 said:
When I was like 5 or 6, at the end of year school concert, I was the Octopus in 'In an octopus' garden'. At the end I went up to the mic and said 'Goodbye everybody'.

You say goodbye and i say hello lol

But i was 9 and i had the lead part in a play and i ran into some kids during a number :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back