• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Fun with Windows 10. NOT!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
I'm not to worried about it remembering what I like so turning it all off would be fine right?

Anagram

Banned
I dont really have anything to back up. xD Thanks for the help though. Just gotta find that windows privacy guide again and the time to do this thing.

Blue Firework

Awards
I recently installed Windows 10 and so far it seems good. I was playing around with the virtual desktop shortcuts but I am having some issues with one of them. When i use windows+ctrl+left arrow I have no problem scrolling through all of the virtual desktops to the left. But for some reason windows+ctrl+right arrow won't scroll right for me. My right arrow button works and I can't find any setting that would affect this. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Anagram

Banned
Finally got a day off that let me stay up to ungodly hours to update to 10. Going through all this added junk now and turning things off and uninstalling left and right. I seriously hate that you can't adjust the updates better as well.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
That's a bit I hope they fix eventually. I don't mind it autodoing drivers well, except for my video driver. That had to stop so Nivida could handle it, and you have to download something to disable a update. Ugh.

Anyway been pretty happy with it otherwise. And not just because I know I'm now future proof. I tend to be horribly absentminded, so the calendar that came with it is a boon. Been using it to remind me when I have to do chores around here. (Keeps peace in the house, and keeps my sister from digging at me too bad; I'd rather have the machine do any nagging than her bossy butt.) That might be a small thing, but sometimes the little things can save you a pain in the rear.

Anagram

Banned
I wish they would fix it now because this auto shit will suck through my data. =/

*wantstopunchyoursister*

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Mm, let me check my settings since I don't worry about it; this PC is a desktop so data isn't a problem. But there is a way to set it so you can d/l them when you get home/when you're on free wifi. Aha!

Go to Settings ==>Wifi and Internet ==>Wifi==>Advanced Options. Turn on Metered Connection. That will stop any updates COLD until you're on free wifi or on your home network(basically will let you choose when to install updates), since I assume you got yourself a laptop. (I don't have it on, but I ish on a home built desktop, so it doesn't move noplace) I hope that helps.

And watch it lol. I'd rather have the PC do the naggin' than her, and someone has to do things like scrub the bathtub..

Anagram

Banned
I am on a desktop and wired connection actually. ^_^"

Exactly, people like her lazy ass scrubing that dub~

Anagram

Banned
Sadly my area gives nothing but limited data. It's free for a specific time but it's an an ungodly hour.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Ugh, that really sucks Incognito. I don't know if you had 7 Pro (you proly have home) but Take a look at this.

I do have pro, which seems to have the most robust way of telling updates to take a hike until it's safe to d/l (I started with Windows 7 Ultimate) but I don't have data caps (and I'm on a home wireless network anyhoos) so that may not be much help... but there's one other way to do it, so maybe. Just remember if you do that trick, to check for updates once a week at a ungodly hour just to make sure you can keep your stuff updated, I call that part of security as it is.

Anagram

Banned
I dont know what pro or home is. xD.....No really. TuT Maybe I'll just leave it be. I only even turn my internet on when I'm using it to avoid data drain so maybe it'll be okay?

lighthouse64

Hm. Windows 10 is ok. When I upgraded to it, I didn't lose any files. I still wish I had windows 7 though.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Yeah, that's if you're lucky lighthouse.

Oh and something nice; if you like clean installs, they're making it so you can use your valid Windows 7-Windows 8.1 key so you can install without installing your old operating system first. Yays. Once I get that bigger hdd, that'll make it easier on me. (After I deal with the PS3, that's next on my list; present for the PC since some steam games can be in the 30-50 gig range. OUCH. That'll eat up my terabyte one before you can say keyblade if I went for those..and sadly I want to play some of those:cool:)

Might be bad news for pirates though.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Pardon the double post guys.

I know it's been a while since anyone mentioned Windows 10, but the first big update is out. I've noticed so far (give me a week or two tho):

Less software bugs. (I haven't had to force a reboot to fix start menu when I first start up the PC in the morning since so far *knock on wood*)
They removed the New section in the start menu.
USB thing in the quick menu for disconnecting even network drives.
You might have to reinstall some software. I had to reinstall Speccy.
They massaged some skype features into it (I have the desktop Skype so that's a nbd)
Screensaver's back. They finally fixed the problem that wouldn't let the PC go to screensaver or sleep.

This was supposed to be the November update from last year, but they may of delayed it to polish it a bit more.

I'll post here if I find any program bugs that drive me up the fraggin' wall. ^^

Anagram

Banned
I haven't had any bugs since I switched. I dont really use a lot of it's features though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back