• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Fun with Windows 10. NOT!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Not sure myself yet.

Oh and I had to call tech again. Having to reboot to fix the start menu got annoying; I'm on a clean profile now and it seems to be working right. If I don't have to reboot to use the start menu by tomorrow, I'm going to be a happy camper. Hopefully no more of that bothersome POS.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay, sorry about the double post, but everything working fine, hopefully no more constant rebooting so I can use the start menu and I am proly not looking back to Windows 7. Ever.

The MS techs I talked to were very helpful in fixing that hot mess. So you need not be too scared.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Okay, sorry about the double post, but everything working fine, hopefully no more constant rebooting so I can use the start menu and I am proly not looking back to Windows 7. Ever.

The MS techs I talked to were very helpful in fixing that hot mess. So you need not be too scared.

I believe you're at the point of no return to Windows 7. My one month to return to Windows 7 has expired.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Maybe unless I clean install; Since this machine is a custom built (Little brother brand, since he did the system build), I still have the Windows 7 disks, heh heh. So yes, I can proly go back..but why would I want to? Would be WAY too much trouble to redo my system yet again.

But in this case, the techs basically did a clean install of Windows 10 on my machine via making a new profile. So far no problems. I hope the start menu issue does not come back.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
haha. Well, I won't go into details b/c it'd be Greek to you Incognito, but a friend explained why the techs did what they did. Plain English: I got hit by a nasteh little bug.

It either is squashed or will be squashed shortly, but they still had to fix the aftermath. At least I didn't have to reformat..AGAIN!

Anagram

Banned
They're not the same thing? =w=

At least it's fixed then. :biggrin:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Nope they are not. Some people call viruses bugs which can be confusing; I prefer to call a program bug a program bug and a virus a virus, and be done with it. ^^

And yeah, i'm glad the MS techs were nice and helped me fix the bleeping thing. ^^

Anagram

Banned
*can't do that because doesn't know the difference* Well whatever works right? :biggrin:

Anagram

Banned
I know the feeling. I've had many computers die. I have few files though so I keep them on thumb drives now to avoid the issue. :cool:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I back up as well, that's what you're doing. *patpats her USB HDD*

Anyway I just discovered that my fav windows tweaker just came out with a version that works with Windows 10. Here. Basically if you've heard of TweakUI, this is the modern version. Gomenasi incognito if that just went over your head! But it's a useful tool if you know what you're doing. ^^

Anagram

Banned
I back up as well, that's what you're doing. *patpats her USB HDD*

Anyway I just discovered that my fav windows tweaker just came out with a version that works with Windows 10. Here. Basically if you've heard of TweakUI, this is the modern version. Gomenasi incognito if that just went over your head! But it's a useful tool if you know what you're doing. ^^
Sadly I do not. TuT

On another note though it's been a month, is it any safer/better? =D

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
What I mean, is if you don't turn some things off, Windows 10 is a little more..mm...not so careful about what it records than most people like. It isn't as fear mongering as you may hear, but most of that crap is easy to turn off so it won't get recorded/sent to your MS account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back