• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

fullmetal and kingdom hearts (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
I saw both versions of fullmetal alchemist a few years and realized that Sora and a version of Edward have a similar fate, getting trapped in alternate worlds after saving someone close to them, what are your thoughts

KudoTsurugi

Awards
It would be... if they both didn't have a connection to Square Enix.
It should be worth noting that Fullmetal Alchemist began as a manga in 2001, back when Shonen Gangan was owned by Enix.
The merger between Squaresoft and Enix into Square-Enix didn’t happen until 2003. And by the time first FMA anime came out in 2003, Kingdom Hearts only had the first game and its Final Mix out with Chain of Memories coming out a year after.

So the only thing the two series really have in common is that they had a manga published in the same manga anthology. It really is just a coincidence that the 2003 FMA anime and KH3 had similar conclusions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I

It would be... if they both didn't have a connection to Square Enix.
That's still a circumstantial link because Square Enix published a lot of games.

Its more likely Nomura probably watched the 1st anime and got inspired by it.

I agree with @KudoTsurugi

Last edited by a moderator:
Back