• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Fullmetal Alchemist vs Brotherhood

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I know what you are thinking, but just bear with me.

So I began watching Fullmetal Alchemist(2003) back around July and now I'm halfway through and I've got to say, I really like what I am seeing here.

But I still don't see why people dislike this one so much.

Its really good, but that doesn't give people a reason to say it's inferior to Brotherhood just because the original doesn't follow the manga or some other stupid reason.

What do you guys think?

jnh71193

Awards
I watched Fullmetal Alchemist before Brotherhood. I really loved it. The original series was made before the manga was finished, that's why it was so different. The original series actually does some plot points better. That's why I don't like the beginning of brotherhood as much. After a certain point, Brotherhood became an awesome show. The original show did go into an interesting direction.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I watched Brotherhood before FMA, but I enjoyed them both. I haven't read the manga because I can't afford it, and chose to watch Brotherhood first because I'd asked and been told it was closer to the manga.

I did enjoy Brotherhood more, overall, but FMA gave a little more time for the characters to interact. Brotherhood was more: PLOT PLOT PLOT. Still, that only really bothered me in the second half when the brothers were separated because I wanted them to interact, but they didn't really see each other again until the final battle.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Both are great, but I'd pick the 2003 one in a heartbeat. The storytelling in the first one was vastly superior to Brotherhood in so many ways. Brotherhood at times felt like a generic shonen with all the cliches that comes with it

Anagram

Banned
It all boils down to ending for me. I liked that Ed and Al got to stay with their friends in the end of Brotherhood. It also helped I was reading the manga at the time which is what Brotherhoods story is.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
They were both good but i think i preferred brotherhood. Just the right show at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back