• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Fullmetal Alchemist Live Action (2017)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I love...and I mean LOVE Fullmetal Alchemist. Brotherhood is my favorite anime of all time, and yet...Attack on Titan's live action was enough to not make me want this. ;_;

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
On one hand, it's live action and based off of one of my favorite shows of all time.

On the other hand, it's being helmed by Japan. So, I doubt this could be bad. But then again, I have a lot more faith in them than America doing it (especially with that diddlying whitewashed Death Note).

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
*laughs* No, just no.

In the grand scheme of things, maybe it'd be done well in Japan. Hopefully. On the other hand, I don't really want it to happen. I haven't seen a whole lot of live action films, but they're not that great.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
99% of Japan's live action films based on anime that are reliant on special effects look like complete shit, so I'm not doubting this will either. Seeing all of these Asian actors playing characters in pretty clearly Germanic setting (possibly with really shitty looking blonde wigs as well like Assassination Classroom did) is just going to be terrible overall. Most of these live action anime films from Japan (exclusions for a few, obviously. yes i know there's exceptions) have really horrible special effects and FMA is a series that doesn't need that, let alone is it a series that could work in the medium like Death Note.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
This is one of the few animes that would have worked better as an American adaptation rather than a Japanese one.

As Pinwheel pointed out asian actors playing European characters and mediocre special effects is really going to hold this back. Those two problems would have easily been avoided if an American film company decided to adapt this like the upcoming Death Note

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I haven't seen FMA in forever and I loved it back in the day. I guess this is more incentive to rewatch it.

I'm surprised this wasn't done earlier tbh. Can't say what the quality will be like till its out, but considering the setting and characters it probably would have been better as an American movie or something in that regard. Oh well, I probably won't see it, but like most other live action adaptations of anime, I'm morbidly curious.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hoenheim: don't talk to me or my 30,000 souls ever again

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;RExBId9bsvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RExBId9bsvg[/video]

There's your first teaser, folks.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I was a bit afraid how it would look, but that looks nice actually. Especially how the alchemy looks and melts stuff to pieces.
Man was it weird to hear Ed have a different voice compared to the anime version. Even when the first version of the FMA anime ended and I read the manga I still imagined Ed to sound like the way he does in the anime.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
v7OFDRV.png

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Any word on if this uses the OG anime as the base, the manga/Brotherhood, or an original story?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
^ I am not sure, I searched a bit but there was no mention of that. I hope they go with the manga/Brotherhood.

Seeing Hughes die the 4th time is gonna destroy me. :(

Griewer

Awards
This will hurt me so bad, that I'll probably end up in a hospital with heart failure after watching the movie. <_<
y u do dis japon?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back