• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fullmetal Alchemist: Aftermath (Sign Ups and OOC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
Fullmetal Alchemist: Aftermath

Plot

This will be set four years after the original anime. I am ignoring Brotherhood because I haven't finished it yet, sorry. Btw the storyline is rough, I encourage everyone who is interested to help me improve it and give suggestions!

The unjust war on the Drachmans that Fuhrer King Bradley started did not last all that long in the large scheme of things, but the memory of that war still leaves a lingering scar in the minds and hearts of the people of Amestris and Drachma.
Most ordinary Drachman civilians only view the Amestrisian people with unease and fear, but there is a large underground group that feels very differently. They are planning to infiltrate both the Amestrisian populace and the military in order to gain intel on their enemies, so they can extract their revenge for all the Drachmans that were needlessly killed.

Even without the aid of the interfering Drachmans, there is still a great unrest within the military, which is split between those who support the governing of the Senate, and those who firmly believe that it should be the military in control.
Within the latter group, there are a number of people working with someone very high up in the military in order to bring about this change, a few of them State Alchemists. Amestris is a country under the strain of the Drachman war, its people are torn between hatred for the old military regime and fear of the Drachman government, which many of them expect to make a counter attack....

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Members:
Amata (Odaku Numusata, Rose Beloi)
Tenyas (Corunda Enovrus, Saren Garecou)
Akans (Reisa Xu-Chengu)
Finrear (Blasphemy)
Chaosmax (Cifer Williams)
ndg912 (Anna Lowheart)
sorafinalform (Ky Kisaragi)
Exvind (Colonel Wesley Jones)

Useful Links:

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7789/adjacentcountries4ng.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/fma/images/1/14/AmestrisMap.JPG

Last edited:

nate_shuuya29

Bronze Member
Ummm, Amata, Brotherhood is finished. Brotherhood is the Manga. It's what the manga is about. it's so much better than the anime.

And your RP idea is is blah. But it's not even close to the worthiness of full metal alchemist.

This probably won't get many people. Add more detail and change up the story. I'm not trying to be mean, but this sucks.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
^ :< I don't think it's quite suckish, so long as more plot ideas are thrown in. In fact, it might be kind of fun to have a plot driven by the characters in it.

Anywho, y'know I'm in this. :3 Gimme a bit to write up a couple templates.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
Ummm, Amata, Brotherhood is finished. Brotherhood is the Manga. It's what the manga is about. it's so much better than the anime.

And your RP idea is is blah. But it's not even close to the worthiness of full metal alchemist.

This probably won't get many people. Add more detail and change up the story. I'm not trying to be mean, but this sucks.

I didn't know it was finished. I am more than open to plot changes and suggestions, this isn't set in stone. I actually want something more centered around the characters, but I can't do that without characters now can I?

Finrear

I like the idea and I'm going to put up a temp. It's alright to make two characters, right.

Grace Falls

Not trying to be mean? C'mon man'g. Why not just give him tips on how he can build up his idea. Cyber Bullying...

nate_shuuya29

Bronze Member
T.T Damnit. i feel like such a douche bag now. i'm sorry. i'll help.

It's an ok idea, but give it some depth, like name the secret orginizations. Create maybe something new. Maybe kind of change some of the things going on. if it's only a year after FMA then that is between the time of FMA and the movie. It's kind of weird to say what happened then. maybe push it farther in the future.

Maybe have another big country trying to take it over, or a secret faction of the government.

The story so far seems kind of..... well. really lacking.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
Id like to join With my fan character but...she has auto mail ^^;;

It's fine to have a character with automail, I just want you to explain how/why your character got it, that's all! :)

@Finrear: Yeah you can take on as many characters as you feel able to RP.

@nate-shuuya: I see what you're saying, I definately want to add more depth and really make the storyline great, as well as making it really about the characters so before the RP thread actually goes up there will be some changes!

ndg912

kay~The people of Amestris are STRONG AND BRAVE!
Name:Anna Lowheart
Nationality: Amestrisite(?)
State Alchemist Name:The Twilights poison Alchemist
Side: i don't know ^^;
Appearance: well Shes my my avatar(though thats not her usual outfit)~ but medium brown hair green eyes and 53" inches wears white dress(rim of the dress is black) with a Chinese style collar(black collar) bell sleves (tiped black) automail left arm and an artificial heart)
Weapon: Her automail has a gun built in and she fights with something she calls the shadow puppet
Main Alchemy:She uses a poison Alchemy using natural poisons and placing them in object(forexample mixing it with a bullet or even the finger tips for a poison-is touch) or possible even the air.
Sub Alchemy: a tid bit of a darkness sub alchemy
Personality: Bubbly
History:Anna's mother died in child birth and she never knew her father she was raised by her aunt Laura(never acaully says her real name so I made one up!) after her death she stayed with her best friend Charlie black which through whom she met the Elric brothers. When she was after only a week after staying with Charlie she left with her uncle. About one year later she returned. When she returned she was different.. She had an automail arm and was very depressed most of the time,also there was girl with whom looked exactly like her she claimed it was her twin sister who went with her uncle after her aunts passing. It was of corse a lie.She was a clone(sorta?). She and her uncle and tryed to use human transmutation to bring her aunt back to life. After they fail her uncle went well..crazy. Sadden by her loses and lonely she used an old alchemist book she had stolen and found multiplication alchemy and created Saiya her clone(? i dont know what to call her ^^;) This human lose cost her her heart. USing what strengnth she had Saiya Carried Anna to a nearby town were they were able to keep her alive for a period of time( a couple of monthes) During this time Saiya learned about automail and made an arm and and an artificial heart for Anna. After getting the local doctors to atch them Anna and Saiya set off for risenbul to go find Charlie and the ELrics. Anna has ever since hated the very sight of Saiya she saw as only a mistake..
Later Anna joined the military. after a couple of years of work she became a Major with Lala as her Lt. by her side.
After Edwards death she resigned be cause she was "Mentally unfit to work".
RP Sample: Anna awoke in her zoo of a room and began to dress, moments later she was out the door and headed down the road to Charlie's house.
Apon her arrival she bowed at picture of a young woman with black hair " Good morning Mrs.Black is Charlie up yet?" Anna smiled,suddenly a loud snore abruptly came form down the hall.
Anna walk in Charlie's room and sat on her bed.for a moment, She stared at the young blonde girl twisting under the covers. "Charlie..Charlie...CCCCCCHHHHHARRRRLLIIIIIIEEEEEEEE...Charlie horse? CHARLIE!" grunted and turned over
Anna sighed "ill be back in an hour Charlie!!! You better be ready!!!"
she bowed at the picture once more on her way out of the house "Good-bye Mrs.Black"
Anna walked down the road and she stopped half way down " Thats right we're going to visit Alphonse when we get back from buying groceries!!" Anna spun around in a lilttle circle and could help it as a smile crept on her face. "Today is gonna be amazing!!!"

Last edited:

Finrear

"The people of Amestris are oh so interesting."

Name: Blasphemy

Nationality: Homunculus?

State Alchemist Title: The Copy Cat Alchemist

Side: Currently has no interest in taking sides in politics and just wants to watch things unfold on there own but maybe can be swayed later on

Appearance: long strait black hair pulled back into a ponytail, messy bangs that come just above his eyes, red eyes, stands about 5'' 11, thin but muscular, pale skin, a homunculus looking outfit with long black pants and a black sleeveless shirt, the orabora tatoo is located on the palm of his right hand and is covered by a leather glove.

Ability: Can absorb things, by touching different matter Blasphemy can give his body the attributes of that matter and becomes it (EXAMPLE: if he touches steel he becomes matalic, can conduct electricity and is as hard as steel) If he absorbs a human he gains there strengths, weaknesses, and way of thinking (EXAMPLE: If he were to absorb Armstrong he would become very strong, know the armstrong family alchemy, and obsess over his muscles) Even though I say absorbs people its more like copying. He doesn't eat or consume people to use his power just physically make contact

Personality: Like his name suggests he constantly goes against any word of God he choses. In fact, he doesn't believe in a god of any kind. He has an emotionless attitude to match his face but can easily to intense anger when anyone mentions religion and usually goes of on a rant to convince them that God doesn't exist. Blasphemy is very interested in humans and usually lives in places with a large population. Sometimes he replaces he angry face and attitude with one of contentment when seeing others enjoing life, possibly because they remind him of his past.

History: Several years ago there was a massive flood in a small town in west Amestris. There were not many casualties, but among the few there was one young man named Jacob Ford. He had only one living relative, his father Charles Ford. Heart broken, Charles preformed a taboo alchemy, human transmutation. Like so many before him, he opened the door to the truth. He succeeded in bring his son back as a homunculus. The price he paid was both of his legs.

RP Sample: Blasphemy leaned against a building with his arms folded and a scowl on his face. He looked at the various people walking by. Some were young and starting friendships, others were starting relationships, and some were even starting family. His scowl was just turning into a smile until a wandering preacher started his sermon. Blasphemy's eyes seemed to burn with anger as he stomped over to the preacher.

"Why the hell are you spouting this nonsense. There is no such thing as "God." He is a myth and people like you just blindly go following his so called "law." You have no proof that any of it is real. I mean, there are people every day that brake the law of the bible and of the state but none of them have had to face any kind of "Holy Judgment." Have they? I think not. So stop wasting your life babbling on about these lies and have fun with your life. Priests can't have a wife or sex, right? Well go get you a girlfriend and and loose that gosh-dang virginity."

Blasphemy walked away from the preacher with out waiting for a response. He yelled into the air, "WHY ARE HUMANS SO DAM GULLIBLE!"

Last edited:

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
"The people of Amestris are going to soon know the true meaning of 'mistake'."

Name: Corunda Enovrus

Nationality: Unknown, although she shows an uncanny knowledge of Ishballen culture.

Side: As a homonculis, she is of course, a rogue element. Meaning, whoever pays the best price gets her aid until a better bargain is placed.

Appearance: Corunda, as a woman, has a 'matured' figure with wide hips. She stands at 5' 9", not quite tall but, not a shrimp either. She has a rather elegant face, high cheekbones and small lips in companionship with deep brown eyes, but her features are marred by a large scar that goes from the tip of her forehead's hairline down to the ending of her cheek, the entirety of the scar passing over her right eye. It is purplish in hue and rather unmissable, even when she tries to cover it with her black hair.

She has nimble hands with manicured nails, often painted with her own brand of nailpolish she mixes herself. Draped around her wrists are thin, metal, bangles of various materials, the dominant being steel or iron. A necklace of similar make is constantly placed around her neck, no matter where she goes or what she does. Each link on the chain has some sort of imperfection, almost unnoticable to the naked eye, some having dents or uneven bumps and others being more fragile then one would expect.

When it comes to her wardrobe, Corunda likes to go with whatever is the fad at the moment, only making one small imperfection somewhere in the fabric. Maybe wearing the wrong colored scarf for the otherwise flawless ensomble she's wearing or, having one shoe tied in one kind of knot and the other in another. When dressing casually, you can find her wearing an almost funeral like outfit, black hat and veil over her face revealing no more then her red lips.

Weapon: Corunda uses whatever is available to her, as explained in her ability.

Ability: Corunda is able to manufacture metals from nothing and turn herself into a metal as she wishes, although there is always a single flaw in whatever she makes. Just like her necklace, the golds, irons, and steels she wroughts is never perfect. But, in the case she doesn't have to fabricate her own from raw materials and is able to reach, say, a black smith's store of ores, then the metal she uses then has all the attributes and standard weaknesses it would normally have. Being able to turn herself into metal, Corunda is also capable of healing herself with it but, if there is none to be reached, she cannot recover. Also, in order for her to have any control over a metal, she must make physical contact with it.

Personality: She loves to play coy with people, acting in a way that would get them on good terms with her if only to be able to stab them in the back later. That's the way she works. Always for herself and, depending on the price, the person who's willing to pay out the nose for her aid. Her actual mind set is of selfishness and as cold as the chains around her neck. Could she be funny? Sure, to meet her own ends. Could she save someone's life? Certainly, they would have a debt that would need to be payed later, of course.

History: Corunda is the result of a human transmutation gone wrong due to a single flaw in the chemistry of the components used in an attempt of a man to create the daughter he'd always wanted. That single flaw resulted in the man's death, the birth of her as a homonculis, and the scar upon her face. Her instincts were driven by selfishness, not greed nor pride nor anything like that. Just a love for herself and no one else. As such, she's needled her way into many people's lives, shattered them from within just because they had something she needed, and then left many corpses to rot in her wake.

Now, her sights are set on unknown targets. She knows that, as a homonculis, she needs many things that satisfy her instinctual cravings. As of late, she's been spotted lurking around many known Alchemist and Military bases, watching and speaking with the people, smirking with red-stained lips...

RP Sample:
People never realize how good they've got life.

A woman stands in a clothing store, complaining about how her dress doesn't match her hair to her requirements. A man curses as he discovers that a button fell off of his uniform before running off in search of it. Even a child, upon getting an ice-cream cone, whines that the scoop on top is already melting.

A single flaw makes everyone crumble to complaints. They have no clue how great it is for them to only experience a single flaw occasionally.

Sitting on a carved bench, veil over her face as she reads the daily paper, Corunda thinks and hisses at herself. What right did these people have to whimper? Everything she had was flawed, from her clothes to her very skin. Many of these people didn't know the true meaning of "mistake".

Well, that was going to change soon, wasn't it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The people of Amestris are the people I am willing to protect."

Name: Saren Garecou

Nationality: Amestrisian, rather proudly.

State Alchemist Name: Sweet Winds Alchemist

Side: She works for the military, so of course she's rooting for them.

Appearance: Saren isn't really a whole lot to look at, but that may be due to her size. She's only 5' 2" and is very easily out matched by some of the larger, six foot tall, men and women. She has rather narrow hips and doesn't exactly have a chest to be proud of, but she is pretty glad to be entering for the exams to be a State Alchemist and hopes to soon hold one of those trademark pocket watches in her own hands, as her own symbol of what she's accomplished.

Her eyes are a healthy spring-green color and her face itself is soft and kind, framed by her always tied back golden hair. Never having been one for make-up, she actually looks quite awkward when she does where a spot of blush or anything like that. On special occasions, Saren will wear a necklace she'd been given by her grandmother, the charm a symbol for a gust of wind.

Clothes wise, Saren dresses with purpose. If the event calls for her to be casual, she'll wear something comfortable, like a t-shirt and caprees. If the event calls for her to wear a frilly dress and heels that will make her regret ever taking a step the next morning, by God, she'll do it! Although, the girl does admit that she prefers her work clothes over most other garments.

Weapon: Err... She has to be spontanious in battle, considering her form of alchemy she's always busy ducking and covering rather then running and shooting. She would have a standard issue gun if she ever got accepted, though.

Main Alchemy: She manipulates air flow through use of touching the circle on her necklace [y'know, the 'symbol' that represents air gusts?] and directing the alchemy through her other arm and changing the speed, duration, and density of the air by how she moves said arm. This can be used offensively or defensively but, as a defense, it isn't exactly effective, it occasionally works if she puts enough to it. Still, better to play safe rather than sorry, right?

Sub Alchemy: Of course she'd know the basics. Breaking down wood into basic sugars and fibers, compressing minerals in the earth to make boulders, and stuff like that. Just... not really big.

Personality: Saren likes to make an impression on people, if only in a muted way. She's a bit timid in normal conversation, since she's not really into aimless small talk. Will she talk to you? Most certainly, even if you speak a foreign language she'll try her best. Will she always know what you're talking about? No, not really. Quite often, little jokes fly right over her radar and she takes things literally. Poor girl.

Saren is also quite passionate if you ask her to do something, taking little consideration of exactly how much time and effort she's giving in order to just have the satisfaction of having helped someone else out. But, she's not an idiot either. There's no way in heck she'll jump off a cliff unless someone's dieing in the water below. If it's just for the heck of it, no.

History: Saren actually has a very bland history. She grew up in a household that respected the military and its soldiers, no matter what actions they, as a whole, took. Of course, they'd reasonably look down upon the individuals who'd mar the name of State Alchemist. Anyway, growing up, she looked up to the soldiers and wished to become one, always waiting eagerly for that day to come around when she'd be experienced enough to actually enter for the exams.

No matter how much she'd like to have been younger upon her entrance, she just never had a lot of natural talent for alchemy, even if she did have fun doing it. So, here we are now. Saren, age twenty-two and waiting ever so eagerly for the exams to start so that she can begin her career in her dream job.

RP Sample:
Headquarters, home to State Alchemists. Paved as a fort, used as a monument, reveared as a symbol of power. Nowadays, a lot of people forgot about that due to the war not too long ago. In fact, the building had a lot of negative secrets, some of it gossip, others true, that gave it a mixed air of fame and infamy.

Standing at the bottom of its large staircase, Saren looked up at the building hopefully. All her life, she had looked forward to one day being an honorary member of the elite force, a protector of Amestris. Now, that day was soon coming.

Placing a hand to her necklace's charm, she hummed a small tune as her eyes dazed in thoughts. Yes, that's just what she wanted to do. Upholding the honor of this country was one of the most important things to her. The people of this city and country were diverse, sometimes mistaken or driven the wrong way in their actions, but all around forgivable and worthy of serving.

Sighing as several Alchemists passed her by, the girl stepped away from the staircase, hopefully for only a little while now, and walked down the sidewalk.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
Tenyas, very nicely done, both your temps are excellent! Both your temps are accepted.

Finrear, it looks good so far, as soon as you put up the RP Sample I'll accept you.

Ndg, I'd like you to put a bit more explanation into how your character's alchemy works and also, you forgot the RP Sample!

Onto nate, lol.... you mean RP Mustang? Usually having canon characters in an RP is a bad idea, but if you make a good temp I'll consider it.

I'll put up my character's temps soon as well for you guys to see.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
"The people of Amestris are.... just so gullible."

Name: Odaku Numusata
Nationality: Xenotime, Amestris
Side: Neutral

Appearance: Odaku is fairly tall as he stands at about 5'7", but he seems taller to those who meet him because of the boots he always wears. His hair is a deep metallic grey, but this is obviously not his natural colour, which is brown and always kept in a wild and untempered style. Clothing wise, since he prefers to travel at night, his clothes are designed to help him blend in.
He wears a dark gray shirt with a high collar, and black trousers that are slightly too big for him. Over this he wears an overcoat, which reaches to just below the waist. The trousers have lots of pockets, in which he keeps assorted trinkets and weapons. Around his neck he wears a silver necklace shaped like a transmutation circle; this circle assists him in his transmutations.

Weapon: Odaku carries a katana which hangs from his belt. Above the hilt his name is engraved in leaning, complex printing.

Main Alchemy: He creates carbon monoxide by combining naturally occurring gases in the air. He does this by combining oxygen, hydrogen, and a small amount of carbon, which he always carries on his person. Odaku often deliberately makes sure there is less oxygen involved in the transmutation than required, as this causes more carbon monoxide to be created.

The effect of carbon monoxide on a human being depends on the amount and how long they have been exposed to it. If it is a small and short exposure, the symptoms are degradation of vision and increasing loss of concentration and cognitive skills. Motor skills also degrade, making it harder to keep coordinated, or to carry out manual tasks.
A longer exposure could cause the effected person to lose consciousness or die, but they would have to be exposed a very long time to cause this.

Sub Alchemy: Just basic alchemy, really, although Odaku rarely uses his alchemy in this way.

Personality: Odaku is very much out for himself and makes little time for other people. His only true companions are those who sometimes aid him when he plans and commits his small time criminal acts. Even though Odaku has known these people for a long time, he still does not view them as true friends. He has yet to meet anyone he regards in this way. In his everyday manner toward people, Odaku is perfectly polite and able to talk freely to anyone he meets, even though he will quickly forgot about those that cannot help him in any way. He is quite confident in himself and this also shines through when speaking to people.

History: Odaku had a normal upbringing, he and his family moved around frequently, but he and his sister were well loved and taken care of. Their parents simply were looking for a town or a city that they felt was right for them. Akane had grown up in Central and was desperate to escape the lifestyle of living in a big city.
The family eventually arrived in Xenotime, and they finally settled down. Odaku and Hikari were glad to finally have a place that they could call home.

As they grew up, the siblings drew apart as Odaku became interested in alchemy. Hikari tried to take an interest in it, but there was no passion in the mystery of changing for her. Their parents took it as a healthy interest at first, and so allowed him to read as many alchemy books as he could find and gather as much information as he could from the locals.

As he talked to the people of the town, he began hearing of the red water, and how it had once been used in this town to try and create the philosopher’s stone. Odaku knew very little about the philosopher’s stone, but he knew enough to draw him in, and want to find out more about the elusive stone and methods of its creation.
After some time, Odaku was contacted by someone who had an interest in making the stone but was not a talented enough alchemist to create such a powerful object. From that day forward Odaku was involved in an underground gang and was introduced to the world of organised crime.

A mere few months passed, and Odaku lost interest in that world. He had no desire to sit and plan, or to create massive empires built on crime, he was more interested on living by impulse, doing what was right for him regardless of the repercussions.

When he was 18, Odaku left home. His parents and sister tried to stop him, but he was blinded my ambition. He saw his limits in a place like Xenotime, so he set out to visit every city he could, especially Central. He had no desire to become a dog of the military, he would gather knowledge and experience by immersing himself in the life of a traveller and small time criminal.

RP Sample: Odaku sat by himself in some anonymous bar in Central, drinking some bland but strong brand of whiskey, letting the noise of the other patrons wash over him. They shouted, they jeered, they argued passionately over games of cards, but none of it had any impact on Odaku. He simply let it all fade to background noise as he set about consuming as much whiskey as his meagre money supply would allow.

Even though he paid no real attention to what was being said in the rest of the bar, he was not foolish enough to blank out completely. This bar was quite a dive and it was full of cutthroats and thieves, so it would have been quite unwise for Odaku to give the impression of helplessness. He had found the easiest way to deter any would be trouble was to sit in such a way that obviously showcased his weapon.

------------

"The people of Amestris are... still so full of hatred."

Name: Rose Beloi
Nationality: Originally from Drachma, but has spent the latter half of her life in the North of Amestris.
Side: Neutral

Appearance: Rose has shoulder length black hair, which she always wears in very simplistic styles. More often than not it is simply draped over one shoulder or simply left to hang freely. He eyes are an interesting shade of green, and definately stand out. One of the most noticable things about her is her accent. Although she has llived in Amestris for many years, her voice still carries a faint tinge of her Drachman heritage.

Clothing wise, she wears a leather jacket that has many zips and pockets in random places such as the forearm, which covers the deep red short sleeved top she wears underneath. Her trousers are tight fitting leather that don’t leave a lot to the imagination. On her hands she wears leather fingerless gloves that have transmutation circles drawn on the palms. She carries a carry case much like a tripod case slung over her shoulder which contains metal poles and bars of different shapes and sizes.
Rose also sports knee length leather boots.

Weapon: She has two .38 Smith & Wesson’s. She keeps one in a hidden holster on her back and one to the side.

Main Alchemy: She simply grabs an appropriately sized piece of metal from her carry case and changes its shape into a different weapon depending on the size of the piece chosen.
More often than not she will make knives, daggers, or short swords as she is more experienced with short range combat but she does have some skill with long distance weapons.

Sub Alchemy: Again just basic alchemy really.

Personality: Rose generally keeps to herself, although this is not out of choice. She is more than aware that although it is faint, her accent immediately gives her away as a Drachman. Rose knows of the underlying hatred and fear of her home country still lives in the hearts of many Amestrisians, so she chooses to speak more than she has to out of caution. This obviously shows her careful and methodical nature, because if she were able to express herself freely Rose would be more talkative. She has a hunger to learn more, not just about alchemy but about Amestris and it's people, so she would like nothing more than to truly be able to communicate with it's people.

Rose does occasionally meet those who are indifferent of her heritage, and these encounters keep her going and help her keep her faith in both her own journey, and the people of Amestris.

History:
Until she was sixteen years old, Rose grew up and lived in the harsh climate of Drachma. She lived a perfectly pale, perfectly boring life for most of those years. She worked, earned money, and sent some to her parents, who were as dull as her existence. The only interesting thing in her life was her studies. Rose studied almost obsessively the few books on alchemy that she had been able to get hold of; she studied them until all t heir knowledge had been exhausted. It was then she made the decision to leave her homeland and travel to Amestris to further her knowledge in alchemy.

The years went by as Rose read books and trained as she travelled across most of the major cities, marvelling at all the sights and sounds which all seemed very exciting and colourful compared to the dull gray of Drachma.
When she was 25, whilst travelling in the wilderness between Risembool and Lior, Rose ran into a band of assassins. They were not targeting her, but nevertheless, she had seen them and so they attacked. A battle ensued, and even though Rose did not win, she more than held her own against the skilled assassins and was presented with an offer to join their ranks.

After becoming an assassin, Rose began to realise that even though her knowledge of alchemy was vast, she would need more than that to succeed and from that point on dedicated her life to learning different styles of fighting, so she could be a better assassin.

RP Sample:
Rose followed her target, crouched low to the ground as to better mask her movements. She moved almost silently amongst the thick shadows of the alleyway, the only sound was the minute creaking of her boots as she moved.

She smiled to herself as she closed the distance between herself and her completely oblivious target, savouring every moment. This was always the best part of a job, the moment right before the strike. Rose would stay in the shadows and just wait for the perfect moment... realising all too well that one wrong move would mean a lost target and a reprimand. Everything hinged on this one moment as she leaned forward on the balls of her feet, drawing a pre-transmuted dagger from her belt.

She stood up, the shadows swept across her face and made her one with the darkness, Rose was just another inhuman shape in the small, choked alleyway. The target turned briefly before moving on. Two steps rang out in echoes before Rose closed the distance between them completely and silenced the target forever with one deft flick of her wrist.

Mission complete.

Akans

&#12300;moriya&#12301;
The people of Shin are stronger and braver...
Name: Reisa Xu-Chengu
Nationality: Xing/Shin (Don't know if it exists in the anime...)
State Alchemist Name: Perfect Harmonics Alchemist (Harmonic Alchemist for short)

Personality: Quirky yet incredibly lazy, Reisa is one of those people who expects everything while giving nothing. She has powerful innate skills in rentanjutsu and has became slightly arrogant that way. Being one of the distant (read: Very distant) daughters of the Shin emperor, she has social rank to back up her somewhat dominating personality.
However, Reisa is quite loyal (though only to her country and close friends), and incredibly stubborn to a fault. She dislikes Amestris because they twisted Shin's original retanjutsu's powers into war, but she realizes the extent that they have developed the power of alchemy, and respects them for it.
On a side note, Reisa loves singing and music. Her harmony and pitch is perfect (as expected of the Harmonic Alchemist), and she can memorize sounds and notes after they have been played only once.

Side: The Amestrian side currently... but she has no plans of staying that way. As soon as she gets a few books she needs, Reisa is gone...

Appearance:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj200/reimu.jpg?t=1274268593
You get a cookie if you can guess what game she's from.

Reisa is somewhat short, and this, combined with her somewhat flamboyant dress and color makes her stand out in a country of black suits and brown jackets. She looks younger than her real age, with short brown hair and matching dark brown eyes.
Thin but quick, Reisa doesn't depend on physical strength, but speed and her height to get out of risky situations. Not many people are good at fighting short people, she realized, and Reisa makes good use of that.

Weapon: Tags inscribed with pre-made alchemy circles, weighted with a sharp piece of iron at the end. These tags generally contain either explosion/fire alchemy circles, or those related to her main skill, though some of the tags have unique effects. These unique tags, however, are limited.

Main Alchemy: Vibrational and harmonic control.
All objects have something called a natural frequency, the rate of vibration which, if sustained, will break it (This is a real phenomenon. A few decades ago, a whole bridge collapsed because wind was blowing the bridge at its natural frequency). Reisa's alchemy makes use of this vibration to be able to make things shatter with a touch. Or if that's not working, she makes the object literally shake itself apart.

Unfortunately, Reisa found that humans do not seem to have a natural frequency. This is easily fixed - Reisa can just vibrate the air around the person to cause massive physical damage similar to them being thrown into a giant blender. Good stuff.

Lastly, Reisa can slow the vibrations of air, turning gas into solids to create walls or platforms. While these platforms are not very strong, they can easily hold Reisa up or block a punch or two.

Sub Alchemy: Other skills of rentanjutsu, which includes rudimentary healing and purging. Reisa also has a fondness for explosions, though she doesn't specialize in this, and just places them in her tags as weapons.

History: A child of a family which came to Amestria before she was born, Reisa is a very distant relative of the Shin emperor. Her family, though, left Shin to leave the in-clan fighting that was taking place, hoping to raise Reisa in a more peaceful environment.

Unfortunately, they had moved into an area next to an anti-governmental organization of uncertain loyalties. They did not know this of course, but Amestria did. So when Reisa was but 13 and learning the skills of rentanjutsu, the army made a sweep of the city. Her parents were noted to be non-rebels, but three drunk soldiers broke into their house anyways. Reisa's parents used rentanjutsu to defend themselves, but one of the soldiers was an alchemist - and quickly killed them. Reisa, having hidden under the bed at that time, was the sole survivor of the raid.

Reisa moved into a nearby orphanage shortly after being found under her bed, and she spent the lonely years in the orphanage developing her retanjutsu with a few books she inherited. Reisa couldn't draw her alchemy circles on the ground - there was no chalk, nor did the orphanage tolerate 'vandalism', so she studied manipulation of alchemy on paper, especially tags of paper.

At the age of 16, Reisa left the orphanage and started wandering around the country, looking for her purpose in life. She remembers the face of the soldiers, especially the one alchemist, who killed her parents, and that became her driven goal in life. Her first step, though, is to get access to records of soldiers. And to do that, she'll have to become a state alchemist...

RP Sample:
The night was silent, the dull gray moon hovering over the shadowy garden that surrounded the great library. Shelf upon shelf of knowledge was stored here, each more esoteric and complex than the last. It took years to sort, hundreds of years to collect, and thousands of years to write these books. It was truly a marvel.

But the book the young girl sliding among the corner wanted was a simple record. Army officials and alchemists employed 5 years ago. Nothing big, but it was still hidden away in the depths of the library, among the many dusty records that stretched back year upon year.
Even more troublesome than finding the book was the number of guards. As she thought this, a scrawny guard shuffled past the bookshelf she was hiding against, sniffing his nose. Clearly he had recently caught a cold.

Reisa stiffened as the guard looked towards her, but she was well hidden in the nook between the bookshelf and the wall. There were no windows nearby, and it was pitch black. She was fine.
Suddenly, the guard sneezed. The lantern he was holding fell from his hands and rolled away.... down towards Reisa, revealing her clearly to the guard.

Both stared at each other for a shocked second, and then both went for their weapons. The guard raised his gun, but Reisa was faster, whipping out a small iron nail attached to a paper tag.
The nail hit the gun, creating a clean ringing sound as it bounced off. The guard stifled his confusion and pointed his gun forwards. Orders were orders. He had to shoot to kill.

But as he pressed the trigger, the gun didn't respond. He clicked it again - only to have the trigger snap in half, and then again, into 4, no 8 pieces. Before his eyes, the gun seemed to fall apart, as if he was holding a jigsaw puzzle upright. The ringing sound had, instead of fading away, intensified, vibrating the gun fiercely until it fell to the ground in a hundred pieces. The guard, startled, leaped back, and when he looked back up, the girl was gone. The only thing left was a jagged hole in the wall, still vibrating slowly in the breeze.

The faint moon shone down upon the guard as he looked out the hole in the wall. They were on the seventh floor...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back