• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fullmetal Alchemist: Aftermath (RP Thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
People rushed to and fro along the miriad of streets in Central, clogging it's thin tributary alleyways and turning it's open squares into rivers of rushing faces. This hustle and bustle was ordinary for Central, but to some it seemed even busier than usual around the Central Military Base. This was because the State Alchemist exams were less than a week away. Many of the people milling around were would-be State Alchemists, looking at the place which was the focus of so many of their hopes and dreams.

Standing apart from these few was a tall woman dressed almost completely in black, looking at both the State Alchemist hopefuls and the building itself with unease. Rose would have liked to have gotten out of Central, but she couldn't just up and leave, her life was here. She supposed the best she could do was to stay away from busy areas like this until the exams were over. If the worst happened, Rose had already located a small town to the west of Central which would be the perfect place for her to slip under the radar if she had to.

Looking away from the rushing crowds, Rose hurriedly walked down the winding roads and alleys of Central until the chaos of the square surrounding the military base was far behind her. She was now standing in a small alleyway that saw little traffic. Just a little further down, she saw, was a small bar.

Smiling a little to herself, Rose walked over to it and pushed open the door.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. OH DEAR.

SCREECH!

A man sticks his head out from the window of his vehicle, waving an arm violently in the air. "HEY! Watch where yer goin'!"

"S-sorry sir!" A young woman, perhaps inches from the bumper of the car and laden with boxes, quickly runs off to the sidewalk on the other side of the road, leaving the rather flustered driver to continue on his way while she was busy making sure she still had everything intact.

Boots clacking on paved concrete, the girl ran along with her load, eyes glancing at clocks every time she passed one. People walked along, some smartly walking to the side so she could run by and yet others not getting the message. "E-Excuse me!" After bumping into three individuals in the course of two seconds and managing to catch all six of her boxes in mid-air, the woman shouted her apologies while still going down the street. She really didn't want to be late.

Eventually, she came to her target. A bakery with the sign 'Courageous Cookery', the first bit a bit of a pun on how the Garecou name spelled out 'courage' when you mixed the letters, stood comfily in between two much larger buildings, giving off a warm air of familiarity and homely scents.

The door being opened for her, Saren walked right in, thanking the customer before walking up to the counter and setting down all of the packages. From the kitchen door came a woman who looked to be in her forties, brown hair covered up with a net and bits of flour evident on her face. "Oh, sweety! Just in time! That man who helped you in just placed a big order and we were running low on ingredients." She picked up a few of the boxes and, unable to carry the others, asked, "Mind grabbing the rest?"

"Oh, sure! No problem, Mom." The two together hefted up the boxes once more and brought them to the back of the bakery, storing them in their appropriate shelves and fridges.

The aroma of freshly baked bread and rolls back there would be enough to make anyone drool in anticipation, unless of course you'd grown up with those exact scents.

After putting everything away, the two women took a seat on a couple of clean counters for a momentary break. The daughter seemed like she'd be up for another trip whereas the mother seemed beat. "Heh heh, no wonder your dad always pegged you as the fighter." Her mom patted the girl happily on the back. "Just a week until the exams, you excited? You know me and your Father are."

Saren smiled rather nervously. "I'm really looking forward to it, of course. I've been hoping for this ever since I was little. It's just that..." She put a hand to her necklace, the gold and white charm shining as if freshly polished. "I'm kinda worried I might not be good enough an alchemist to-"

"Oh, pish-posh! You're as good as any of the others. Now, get your tush off my counters, I've got stuff to bake. Say, why don't you head down towards Central, get a good feel for everything and see how they do things down there? That'll cheer you up! Know what you're up against."
"Well... I guess that'd help. But I-"

"That's my girl! Now, go go go. Before I set you up on mopping duty."

Saren left the kitchen after saying goodbye to her mother [and several more white-threats about her having to scrub if she didn't leave soon] and, just as her mother had suggested, started heading towards Central. The place where just about everything happens.

Finrear

Blasphemy wondered aimlessly from place to place through the crowded Central. First he went to a library but he didn't read any books. he just sat in a chair and stared at anyone who sat near him. After a few minutes he was kicked out for loitering and disturbing the people.

After walking around for about an hour, Blasphemy ended up in front of the Central building. "This is where the state alchemist exams are taking place next week." he said to him self, "Maybe I should join the military. I mean Pride became fuhrer so-"

*CRASH*

Before he could finish his thought he was knocked down by some girl. He the back of his head where it made contact with the concrete. He yelled at the girl. "Hey watch where your going!"

Akans

「moriya」
Reisa lounged back on her chair as she considered her options. She had recently tried breaking into the great library, but that was quite a failure. A lucky sneeze of the guard blew her cover, and she had to leave before she got what she needed.
She could try again... but she didn't see the point of such an action. It had taken her a few months of planning to get to only the 7nth floor, and she didn't want to spend another few months planning.

Leaning down into the table, Reisa rested her head near her warm tea mug and closed her eyes, letting the sunlight shining in behind her to warm her back. She could always go charge in and just kill everyone in her way... but that was risky and quite difficult.

Suddenly, Reisa opened her eyes. The Alchemist exam! That was it. She would just simply become a State Alchemist, and she could just walk in whenever.
Laughing slightly to herself for not thinking of this, Reisa sat up again and looked around the bar she was at.

But she would have to find out more about the exam. For starters, she should ask the barkeep.
Reisa stood up and moved forwards, maneuvering between the crowd until she was near the door.

Suddenly, the door opened and banged her in the face. Falling back, Reisa's eyes were greeted by a green-eyed Drachman, the one who had slammed the door so neatly into her face. But what caught her eye was the transmutation circle on Rose's glove. An alchemist...

Rubbing her nose, Reisa moved forwards towards Rose and said,
"Hey, you there! You're an alchemist right?"

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
Rose recoiled a little in surprise as the door crashed into a young girl, who had apparently been attempting to leave the bar. As the young girl rubbed her injured nose, she seemed to notice the transmutation circles on Rose's fingerless gloves.

"Hey, you there! You're an alchemist right?"

Rose looked at her for a few moments before replying in a quiet voice.

"Oh! I'm sorry.... I hope you aren't hurt. But, uh, yes, I am an alchemist."

She looked uneasily around at the few other patrons of the bar, but none of them were even looking their way. The only one who looked even mildly interested in what was going on was the barkeep, who was most likely just thinking about the profits he was going to make from Rose's appearance at the bar and nothing else.

Last edited:

Tenyas

So many times in just one day. It was a wonder how she made it to the store safely and yet everything afterward was full of her bumping into people. "I'm, I'm sorry, mister! Er... I-I didn't mess up anything, did I?" Saren was reasonably worried. Such a clutz...

"Um... Here, let me help you." She held out a hand towards the man, hoping to apologize in some way. "I didn't see you there, heh heh. Sorry." Her mind had been elsewhere. Mainly on the exams. What would they have her do? Who would be her opponent? Would she last five minutes out there? Even if she did make it into the military, would she be able to fulfill all her duties?

Ugh, she needed to stop worrying so much. It would give her an ulcer quicker than if she'd just drank acid.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
The wind quietly brushed over the area; gazing from atop a building Cifer narrowed his eyes.

“Pitiful, how could these people believe the nation’s lies!? The soldiers are sworn to protect the people yet they let them to die in the end.” Cifer spoke angrily as he watched a car screech nearly hitting a pedestrian.

Cifer clasped his hands together then paused. “No not yet, the military will pay but now is not the time” he muttered as he began to walk towards the stairs.

ndg912

A girl stood at the side of the busy rode in central and watch as the cars sped by, She was in a hurry but she loved the bussle of the busy town. It reminded her of the years past. Her mind wonder as she wait for a car to come, as one near she for just the moment and then as it was only inches away she dashed in front of it as fast as she could. The driver yelled after her. She didn't care this little game she played had started long ago. She stood there for a moment before snapping back to reality.
" OH GOD I'M LATE!!!" Anna screeched as she ran down the rode as fat as she could. " Lala promised she'd come with me and I'M the one late!!!!!"

Akans

「moriya」
"Oh! I'm sorry.... I hope you aren't hurt. But, uh, yes, I am an alchemist."

So she was an alchemist. Though anyone could have guessed that from Rose's getup. The transmutation circles pretty much screamed alchemy.

"Really? Great. You've heard of the State alchemist exam coming up, right? Do you know when and where it is? Or are you a State alchemist yourself? Wait no, if you were a State alchemist, you wouldn't be hanging around bars... are you taking the exam yourself?"

Reisa fired off question after question to the person in front of her, rapidly waving her arms as she completed each sentence. Fast speech was a skill (fault?) she picked up a long time ago, and she hadn't been able to cure it since.

Finrear

The girl offered her hand to help him up but Blasphemy pick himself up without her help. He dusted himself of and stretching around to see if there was anything out of place. Nothing wrong as far as he could tell. He looked back at the girl who basically ran him over. "We're are you going in such a hurry anyway." Blasphemy glanced over at the Central Building. "Wait don't tell me your going to the State Alchemist exams."

This could be interesting. Being in the military would provide alot of useful information on humans. I wonder if my powers could pass off as alchemy. Its worth a shot. "I'm going to take the exam as well." He said as he extended his hand. "Good luck to you."

ndg912

Anna ran as fast as she could 'til she reached a small cottage type house. She knocked on the door as hard as she could "LALA LALA!!!! IM HERE WE NEED TO HURRY!!!!" a slim blonde slipped through the doorway "Shall we go" she smiled Anna nodded as they walk to the large Military building "You ready?" the blonde smiled once more "As i'll ever be.." The pair walked inside without turning back.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
The State Alchemist Exams - Day One

Fuhrer Roy Mustang made his way down the many halls inside the huge Central HQ with his loyal comrades Riza Hawkeye and Jean Havoc following closely behind. They all walked at a quick pace, not hurrying but not tarrying either. The day for the start of the State Alchemist exams had finally arrived and the large hall near the back of Central HQ would be filling up with nervous hopefuls.

They all turned one more corner before they reached the tall and decorative door that lead into the hall. Mustang looked back over his shoulder at his comrades before slowly pushing open the door. He walked casually to the front of the room, which was about half full. The lively sound of chatter that had filled the room only moments ago abruptly ceased as everyone noticed his prescence.

"Everyone, take your seats. We will be starting soon."

---------------------

Rose looked at the strange girl with a bemused expression as she rattled off a series of rapid fire questions, jumping from one to the other without giving Rose a chance to respond. Rose laughed a little to herself, thinking how she hadn't exactly wanted any excitement when she had come in here. At most she had been looking for a whiskey on the rocks.

When the young girl had finally ceased her questions, Rose sidled over to a small table near the entrance and sat down, wanting to take the weight off of her feet.

"I've no interest in taking the exam myself, but I do know that it's taking place at Central HQ. It's not far from here actually... you would have trouble missing it, I walked past it on my way here and there was quite a crowd outside of it."

Last edited:

Akans

「moriya」
"I've no interest in taking the exam myself, but I do know that it's taking place at Central HQ. It's not far from here actually... you would have trouble missing it, I walked past it on my way here and there was quite a crowd outside of it."

Really. It was that simple. Large crowd = important stuff. Inwardly, Reisa face-palmed.
Making a noise somewhere between a cough and a laugh, Reisa thanked Rose. "Riiight. I mean, where else would the State Alchemist exam be held. Haha, that was pretty obvious."
Reisa gave a very wide smile before turning and started moving towards the door. Suddenly, she stopped as if she remembered something and turned around, saying, "Thanks by the way! My name's Reisa, I hope we'll meet again!"

Ending with a short bow, Reisa turned and quickly left the bar, nearly knocking the door of its hinges as she blew out into the streets. She knew where the Central HQ was - everyone did. It wasn't far, and it took Reisa only a few minutes to dash there.
Already, the large crowd she had seen at a distance was beginning to thin. Most of the people were going inside, and she thought she could faintly hear the sound of the current Fuhrur, Roy Mustang.

Quickening her already fast pace, Reisa swept quickly through the entrance and into the alchemist's hall, ignoring the protests of the receptionist. The two alchemists who were inspecting at the entrance of the hall were too stunned and shell-shocked by the sudden flurry of color that they didn't realize Reisa had passed them until she was well into the hall.
By that time, she had already taken a seat, and was looking at Mustang intently.

It shouldn't be too hard to pass.

Tenyas

Oh, well now he was up for shaking hands. That was sort of nice of him. The blonde-haired girl smiled politely and shook his hand. "Um, yes. I've actually been nervous for the past week about them and clumsier than usual because of it." She gulped the sudden swelling of doubt in her throat. "Anyway, I wish you luck as well. We should still have a week to-" Her eyes caught what seemed to be the beginnings of a crowd down the road, near the capital where she'd been heading towards earlier before crashing. Well... There was probably an accident or maybe even some person showing off some new alchemy? Then, she heard Fuhrer Mustang's voice.
Wait, wait, wait... THE TESTS ARE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?!

"Wh-what? When did they-! Oh dear lord, I've got to go now!" Saren quickly released the man's hand and bolted off down the sidewalk, turning for an instant to shout, "Bye! Um, my name's Saren by the way!"

Why? Why now? Oh god, WHY? She had thought there was a week left, a week from now until it started, and that alone was stressful. But, to have the date moved to now on such short notice? It was... sort of smart for the fuhrer, at least considering his style. Heh heh, old Roy Mustang was well known for many reasons.

Reaching the beginnings of the crowd, Saren found herself blocked off with a human wall of pedestrians. Er... How to get by this? Just push through, it seemed like a good answer, but so rude... What am I talking about? I can cordially apologize after I get up there and take my test! Coming to a conclusion, the girl started to make her way through, saying her 'excuse me's and 'sorry sir/ma'm's. When she did manage to get out of the crowd, she almost crashed into one of the guards and, after explaining that she was only trying to reach her own test, managed to get by him.

Oh dear lord... I hope these tests are at least written. She could dream, couldn't she?

ndg912

Anna smiled as she saw Mustang walk into the room she remembered him well.
"Hello Fuhrer before I start my exam I three questions" she smiled deviously
'" 1. Do you need an eye patch to be fuhrer? 2. Where did you get such an amazing eye patch? 2. If I become a State Alchemist can I call you Patchy?"
She burst out laughing honestly she never really could ever show respect for mustang but she did all the same. She had realized that this maybe inappropriate.
she cleared her throat "sorry" she sighed she wanted the answers to her questions.
She sat down in the familiar room.

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Ky heard the conversation betweent he two alchemist and decided that he should be off to take the exam as well. One of them left and said her name. The other was still at the bar. Ky got up and walked past the one still sitting down and towards the entrance. He turned to the girl and said, "Thanks" With a smile he left. He continued down the street and watched the crowd go inside and the girl from the bar had sped up. "I hate running..."

He put his sword on the ground and stepped onto it liked it was a snowboard. Ice clutched around his feet and then ice made a path to the Central HQ. He rode his board and arrived at the steps. Instead of stepping down he road his ice up the steps as well. He road his sword all the way into the exam room and he went to the back. All the front seats where taken so he went to the section where no one was at and changed one of the chairs into an ice throne. He sat without looking up at anyone, and waited patiently.

Finrear

"Saren, huh? I'll keep that in mind." I said to my self as she darted out of sight towards where the exams. I slowly followed her trail of destruction until I arrived at the Central Building. The inside was full of of people, more then I had expected. After a few minutes we all sat down in the alchemist hall. I looked around for the girl I met before, I couldn't find her. "I wonder if she made it?" I thought to myself.

Three people walked into the room: A thin blonde man with a cigarette in his mouth and bangs that look like a bush, an attractive blonde woman with her hair in a bun and a stern look on her face, and a man with jet black hair and an eye patch wearing with gloves with what looks like an alchemy circle on them. The man with an eye patch told us that the test would start soon, but before he could say anything else the girl sitting next to me raised her hand and addressed the fuhrer in a very familiar way. She asked three questions, each more comical than the last, and all of them revolved around his eye patch. The last question was the most ridiculous. She asked if she could call him "Patchy".

I put my hand over my mouth and tried to hold back my laughter. I guess thats one alchemist who won't make it this time.

I looked back at the man with The eye patch. H looked like he was going to explode. "So thats the fuhrer, Mustang, I think she said, he's the one that killed Pride." I whispered so that only I could hear.

The guy with the cigarette tried to calm the fuhrer as the blonde woman talked in his place. "All of you are here for the same reason, to become state alchemists, unfortunately only a few of you will be selected if any. For the first part of the exam you will be asked to answer three questions on the sheets of paper in front of you." She said sternly.

I looked at the sheet of paper in front of me and answered the three questions:
1)Why do you wish to serve our state as a State Alchemist? To gain information that only the state library can provide.
2)What would you like to achieve with your State Alchemist Qualification? To completely understand the world in which we live in.
3)Please tell us about an area of alchemy that greatly interests you. The human component. The fact that people have the ability to understand so much and can manipulate it into anything they desire.

That was it for the first part now all I have to do is wait for the next.

ndg912

Mustang turned around after cooling down little bit he turned around to get a good look at the asker of the questions. He was stunned when he saw the familiar face. " he wondered. Anna smiled " Hi patchy!". Mustang sighed that was the end of that conversation. This meant hell of corse, he was going to live with her calling him this for awhile.
Anna sunk back in her seat and sighed "mean patchy still didn't answer my questions" she thought to herself.
"Hi" she smiled to the person next to her.

Akans

「moriya」
A survey? No, it was a list of questions. It looked quite pointless, though. Instead of asking relevant knowledge such as that of chemistry or bio-physics, it was just a series of 'get to know you' type questions. Quite strange, but she would have to complete them all the same. Retrieving a slightly worn-down ink tipped pen from one of her pockets, she scratched a few answers out. With about 10% truth in them.

Why do you wish to serve our state as a State Alchemist?
To further my studies and to help serve the country. My interests have came to the point where self-study is no longer sufficient, and I must seek further knowledge from older sources found only in the state's library. Added to that, I wish to help the country bring to justice those who have wronged the people.
What would you like to achieve with your State Alchemist Qualification?
A State Alchemist license.
Please tell us about an area of alchemy that greatly interests you.
The harmonics of the world. The physical energy that all objects posses, which, if manipulated correctly, creates immense potential energy one can harness and utilize. Or, alternatively, the absorption of kinetic energy by these same objects, at a similar rate of frequency, which then results in destruction.
Beyond that, I am also interested in the practical use of the Shin art, rentanjutsu, and its applications in the real world, as well as the theoretical base that it is founded upon.

Placing down her pen, Reisa finished and blew on the paper softly to dry the ink. It seemed like a good mix of truth, lies, flattery, and technical knowledge. But surely this isn't all there is to the exam? Looking around, Reisa saw that in the few minutes it took her to pen the answers, quite a few people had wandered in. A few blatant displays of alchemy, such as the icy throne over there, were eye-catching, though a bit overdone. Only the insecure would use their alchemy like that.

Shaking her head, Reisa placed down her paper and stretched. It seemed like there would be quite a bit of time before the next stage started, so she might as well catch some sleep...

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Ky was minding his own business being bored when a piece of paper was slid to him. It had three simple questions on it. Is this the test? A personality questionnaire? There must be more to the test... *sigh* I hate things that take to long... Oh well...

1)Why do you wish to serve our state as a State Alchemist? To gain information that only the state library can provide.

Well i feel like as a skilled alchemist I should be using my skills for the greater good. To be an alchemist and waste my powers on something unjust such as thievery or murder would be a waste of skill and time in my eyes, but yet we have people that do this everyday. I will cleanse the world of all wrong doings. Even if i can't cleanse the whole world i can still try and cleanse most of it. Sure this may be used for the wrong reasons such as dematerializing others butthis isn't my purpose. I only seek to be the true master of ice alchemy.

2)What would you like to achieve with your State Alchemist Qualification? To completely understand the world in which we live in.

I wish to climb up the ranks and become a well known alchemist, like Mustang and the other several well known alchemist. I wish to become a Hero that everyone can depend on. I wish to freeze the flames of sin with the my pure Ice of Justice. Destroy the ones that are in the way of peace and prosperity. Even those these aren't the worst of times, Justice still needs to be enforced.

3)Please tell us about an area of alchemy that greatly interests you. The human component. The fact that people have the ability to understand so much and can manipulate it into anything they desire.

Well I am very interested in building up and breaking down the human body itself. If i could find out the missing piece to materializing the human body then i could perfect my abilities and become the true master of ice. When i think of the many possibilities that come to mind once i have learned how to accomplish this i seem to lose track of my conversation and start to ramble on. It simply astounds me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back