• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Full Nomura interview - 18/11/10

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
No, the MoM isn't like the Chuunin Exams. They don't participate together in a group; they do it separately. For example, if Sora fails, he fails, but it's still possible for Riku to pass the exam.
Aqua gained access to certain knowledge and Master exclusive abilities, which includes being able to extract hearts.

being able to extravt hearts seems to be a latent ablity we have seen sora and terra use by instinct, not very exclusive

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
being able to extravt hearts seems to be a latent ablity we have seen sora and terra use by instinct, not very exclusive
Well Sora only did it with a keyblade who's ability to unlock peoples hearts. And the only time we saw Terra do it was when he was being possessed by Master Xehanort.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Well Sora only did it with a keyblade who's ability to unlock peoples hearts. And the only time we saw Terra do it was when he was being possessed by Master Xehanort.
ok fine but if that all the diffrence wit a masters power then how will that turn the tide of battle ther most be more

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
ok fine but if that all the diffrence wit a masters power then how will that turn the tide of battle ther most be more

That's all we know at this moment. Who's to say that they won't show us more later on? Considering how important becoming a Master is now, there has to be much more to it.

kluck

:/
we already know she can wield a keyblade since KH2

Do you really think Nomura needed to tell us that?
It's clearly there for another purpose, such as... Oh I don't know, Foreshadowing for future titles maby?

I find it strange that I've had to point this out twice, Did you ignore me the first time?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Do you really think Nomura needed to tell us that?
It's clearly there for another purpose, such as... Oh I don't know, Foreshadowing for future titles maby?

I find it strange that I've had to point this out twice, Did you ignore me the first time?

Well, considering how many people still believe she actually has a Keyblade of her own and is on par with Sora and Riku in terms of combat, maybe it was necessary. I dunno. But asides from that, like you said, there probably is another reason.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Well, considering how many people still believe she actually has a Keyblade of her own and is on par with Sora and Riku in terms of combat, maybe it was necessary. I dunno. But asides from that, like you said, there probably is another reason.
Who the heck thinks that? Although I don't think she would be completely helpless in a fight either she obviously has some skill with a weapon.

Multi_Skyscraper

Awards
Oh God, I can see it now. The LegioNorts assemble all around Sora, old Xehanort, Young Xehanort, all kinds of Xehanort all together. And then...

"It's purpose that defines us, Mr Sora... purpose that connects us, that BINDS us, purpose that controls us... we're here to take from you what you tried to take from-"
"Xehanort that movie doesn't even exist in this universe."
"... Shut up boy I really like it anyway. Why did you think I made all my minions dress in tight-fitting leather?"

Watch it, this is totally what will happen.

Anyhow- FINALLY CONFIRMATION IF MICKEY WAS A MASTER. God Nomura why did that have to be a secret? There were people asking that question WAY before the game was released and he was acting all coy and evasive about it, as if Mickey being the master would be this huge plot point and then... welp, here we go. He wasn't a master, just in training to become one. There, was that really so hard Nomura? Does it physically HURT you to reveal stuff like that? Eesh.

But that aside- do you guys think it's important that Nomura mentioned that only the Disney worlds will be new? Like, we might get to see familiar original levels, like The World That Never Was, Twilight Town and Radiant Garden again? That aside- all new Disney worlds still sounds hella tight. Who among us wants to see Princess and The Frog? You just know that they could make Facilier into a dude using the Heartless with no trouble whatsoever. Also nice to see they're going to use the lessons learned from FFVS13 in KH3... whenever it comes out. And Riku and Sora fighting differently? Suits me like a glove- it would be boring if they played the same, but.. I wonder how large the differences will be. Maybe it will be like BbS and the only major differences will be that they won't have the same commands.

Heck, I wonder if they'll be making any changes beyond the command system. They used it both in BbS and Re:Coded, maybe that's what's gonna be the series standard from now on? Does anyone know how long is left until Jump Festa? Because personally, I'm hoping that the Secret Episode will be about the fall of Radiant Garden, OR a special epilogue featuring playable Mickey investigating the aftermath of the conflict. That would all be SO boss... and darnit Nomura give Mickey his own spin-off already, he was practically the only Keyblade Master that we know of for ten whole years- you got a HUGE time frame for him to have all kinds of adventures.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
thank you Krexia, you've no idea how long ive waited for this interview!

all those who disagreeded with my "KH3D is sora and rikus mark of mastery test" theory can suck it!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
@ Multi_Skyscraper - Jump Festa takes place from December 18-19.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
I dunno if you're tired of hearing this by now, but...Thank You!!!

More than one Xehanort? Don't we already have that? Heck, it would explain the Mysterious Figure more easily...Most people still want to believe that he's an incarnation of Xehanort. It hasn't been ruled out, as unwanted as it is by the other half in the debate...

All New Worlds=Epic. Though I wonder myself, will they really not stick Olympus in there in some format or other? It's as much a game staple by now as Sora. There isn't one game thus far without the Coliseum. This may be the first. Very unusual...But it will be interesting.

If they do decide to include Toy Story, I'm sure it'll look fine. It may look better on a PS3 but with the graphics we're seeing on the 3DS, that better may be only a smidge. I'm not particularly caring either way right now, we'll just have to wait and see.

Did that translation for the Secret Episode have "Characters"? As in more than one? Wow...This just gets better and better.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
yeah what about olympus collesium and its usage to introduce ff chracter there only one arc of hercules left in the one moive and its thte part where they battle it out in olympus wit the gods, but i see that world comming into to retiremenwt after in kh3 after introducing another solem warrior like cloud and auron, mabey kain, or the WoL

K

kiddoadam

Wait, why do they say there is only one master, isn't Aqua a master? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just wondering.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Wait, why do they say there is only one master, isn't Aqua a master? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just wondering.
they dont know or they do and cant get to her.
either way she isnt there at the moment.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, but regardless, Mickey is the only known Master fighting for this side and is actually present in the Realm of Light. Yen Sid is retired, so he doesn't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back