• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Full (from the information we have so far) Description Of The BBS Battle System

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detronilizer

I've been seeing a ton of threads with people being confused about the battle system in BBS, so I thought I'd explain it all here (from the information we have so far) (Sources at bottom):

It's a mixture of an improved deck-based battle system (CoM) and a more athletic hack-and-slash system (KH2). Since these are professional Keyblade Wielders we're talking about, their moves will be more advanced than Sora's (Ven's Thunder is as powerful as Final Form's). There is no MP bar, for all your moves are on the command menu. You also have a "Command Gauge" above the menu, as well as a mysterious "Focus Bar" replacing the Drive Bar (we don't have much information on this, so it's not included in this description).

As you attack with the X button (O in the Japanese version), the Command Gauge rises. When you stop attacking, it decreases. We don't have much information on this, but it's either the higher the Gauge, more abilities and magic attacks become available, or after a fixed time elapses, more abilities and magic attacks become available (for example, when the Thunder command is red, you can't use it for the time being). You can mix and match attacks to form combos, I believe. You assign these commands to different buttons. In addition, you can set the △ button skill. It is essential to keep customizing them as you progress in the game because you'll need different skills as you go on (or something along those lines). That's right folks: No more button mashing!

Pay attention to the differences in this battle system with Terra and Ven (as well as the third playable character). Terra specializes in strength, Ven in speed, and the third character (most likely Aqua) most likely in magic (as seen in the KH2:FM secret ending).

Terra.jpg
Ven-1.jpg

When the Command Gauge becomes full, you go into a unique state for some time (looks like the Drive Forms of BBS). With Terra, you go into "Fatal Mode" where your "Fatal Mode Gauge" (replacing the Command Gauge) rises as you move around and you constantly use additional skills. An additional command appears when the Fatal Mode Gauge becomes Max. When you connect it with a powerful finisher, you scatter enemies. Aqua and Ven have their own "Modes" as well.

Sources:

Famitsu Scan and Article Report!*-*Kingdom Hearts Insider

Kingdom Hearts Ultimania - KH 2 3 Birth By Sleep & 358/2 Days
(Interviewer: In BBS, is the gameplay done by choosing action commands lined up in command list?
Tetsuya Nomura: I believe it is necessary to say first. The Command Menu that was shown to the public (A.K.A scans, and video) has now changed. A system close to that of Re:CoM has been created successfully feeling like a command deck. However, the present screenshots show it was a bit too close to the idea of Re:CoM. The battle screens you see in the images now, have already been changed. However the operating sense is similar to that of the Kingdom Hearts series. The gameplay has a slight influence from the DS game "It's a Wonderful World".)

Unfortunately, I could only use two images here so use this link to see more, higher quality ones: ƒVƒŠ[ƒY1ì–ڈȑO‚̐¢ŠE‚ª•`‚©‚ê‚é!! wƒLƒ“ƒOƒ_ƒ€ ƒn[ƒc ƒo[ƒX ƒoƒC ƒXƒŠ[ƒvx / ƒtƒ@ƒ~’Ê.com

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
This is a good compilation on the BBS battle system so far. Good job. I think that the third playable character was confirmed to be Aqua, btw.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

yeah its good this should actually be transferred in the important threads above, If a mod accepts it

Bh325

This sounds good. Great job, we need a collected info-package once in a while!:thumbsup:

Y

Yannis

Since these are professional Keyblade Wielders we're talking about, their moves will be more advanced than Sora's (Ven's Thunder is as powerful as Final Form's).
You call them professionals, eh? What are Mickey and MX then? =D

C´mon! Sora sucks, because no one teached him with the Keyblade. He had to learn all by himself..

Last edited:
N

*~NeoAdamus~*

Allot of recognition there, although Sora learned to use the keyblade on its own he's not highly experienced like Mickey but he had the light of his heart to progress through his trials. IT's the only reason he took down Xehanorts Heartless and Xemnas. They knew his incapabilities but his light overcame them aswell

blader94

cool.i hope that this card system is better than KH:com.not that i'm saying that com's system wasn't any good.

Detronilizer

This is a good compilation on the BBS battle system so far. Good job. I think that the third playable character was confirmed to be Aqua, btw.

Hmm, well I guess with all the information Nomura's giving us, it's obvious it's Aqua. Of course, he never actually said outright, "The three main characters are Terra, Ven, and Aqua.". Instead he said, "Terra, Ven, and another character...". You know, there's a possibility that it's actually Mickey; with that screenshot with him about to fight the D.S. and him training under Yen Sid... Geez, Nomura already said Aqua's name in another interview, so why is he keeping quiet about her now?

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

he said the name of the girl was Aqua when he was dunk at an interview, but after that....it was mystery character.....???

D

Dexter

Good job, it REALLY annoyed me when people would complain saying "this is just like the card system in COM!" And I keep saying no it's not. Then sombody 5 seconds later would say "damn I hated the card system in COM to bad BBS has to have it." Seriousley? Really? I mean does anybody read other people's posts anymore or am I the only one? But again good job but knowing these boards I know some idiot will go "BBS has a card system like COM!"..........//

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back