• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Full Famitsu interview with Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Hmm

The more Nomura talks about SCs, the less I think that them showing up after a few hits was just for trailer purposes. Having 5 SCs available at once seems to be what he's going for.
Yes, and it worries me. I also thought it was just for the trailer, but ughh. The fact that skill just apparently isn't needed at all isn't good, either.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Hmm

The more Nomura talks about SCs, the less I think that them showing up after a few hits was just for trailer purposes. Having 5 SCs available at once seems to be what he's going for.

Yes, and it worries me. I also thought it was just for the trailer, but ughh. The fact that skill just apparently isn't needed at all isn't good, either.

Do you guys think making the time to use them longer would help? My problem with 0.2 is that "saving" a Za spell for future use was almost impossbile, for the time was up before I could put myself in a good spot.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
There ya go, Alpha Baymax. :p

That's still not confirmation that it's canon to the Toy Story cinematic franchise. Big Hero 6 has the same situation, it's in a parallel plane to the original because Big Hero 6 as a team was already formed without Sora and company's interference.

notnow123487

Awards
That's still not confirmation that it's canon to the Toy Story cinematic franchise. Big Hero 6 has the same situation, it's in a parallel plane to the original because Big Hero 6 as a team was already formed without Sora and company's interference.

How do you know big hero 6 takes place in a parallel plane? The world is going to take place after the events of big hero 6 as a sequel.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
How do you know big hero 6 takes place in a parallel plane? The world is going to take place after the events of big hero 6 as a sequel.
forget it notnow he doesn't want to accept toy story kingdom hearts takes place before toy story 3

Muke

whatever
Awards
Do you guys think making the time to use them longer would help? My problem with 0.2 is that "saving" a Za spell for future use was almost impossbile, for the time was up before I could put myself in a good spot.
All of the problems would be solved if SCs didn't exist to begin with.

Dude… ugh, okay. Talking to a wall here.

7th_heaven

Awards
Kingdom Hearts fan questions answered in interview with series creator Tetsuya Nomura - Mirror Online[FONT=&quot]

In terms of the keyblade transformations, similarly it's very unique because it's not activated until certain conditions align and you are given that opportunity to execute the transformation. Even then, you can also choose to not activate it and continue your melee attacks, but when you do activate it as you continue hitting your enemies and your combos continue to chain, then it will transform yet again.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I tried to make it so that it's a freedom that the player has and they can choose; each of them are sort of unique in its own way and you also have your regular attacks as well; your melee attacks, your magic attacks. Depending on what timing you're faced with in your battles or whatever conditions that are involved in your combat kind of depends on your strategy.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We're hoping that the conditions to activate these special moves are different enough that it doesn't seem like one is preferred over the other and depending on various situations sometimes you have to accomplish a task and execute in that way.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I feel that it'll allow for a wider range of options to choose from for our players depending on what you prefer is easier to use or less comfortable to work with. They're all sort of unique so I'm hoping it will broaden the strategic element of it as well.[/FONT]

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I said parallel plane to the original. In layman terms, it's based after the events of the feature film, not an alternate retelling of the feature film.

forget it notnow he doesn't want to accept toy story kingdom hearts takes place before toy story 3

Dude, I am aware that the Toy Story narrative takes place between Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3, I just don't believe that the Toy Story world is canon to the Motion Picture franchise. Is that too hard of a thought to believe in?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Dude, I am aware that the Toy Story narrative takes place between Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3, I just don't believe that the Toy Story world is canon to the Motion Picture franchise. Is that too hard of a thought to believe in?
what there not to bleive i mean nomura liity said this take in the toy story universe

Nomura: The Toy Story world isn’t simply a sort of abridged telling of the original Toy Story plot with Sora and co. being thrown in. The events that occur take place after the 2nd movie. The setting of the story is not in a parallel plane to the original. Everything that happens in KH3 will be on the same timeline as the Toy Story series.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
— Sounds like tough work. By the way, was there any reason that you chose D23 to announce the Toy Story world?

Nomura: Actually, it has been in a relatively complete and showable state from a while back, but according to Disney’s intentions and promotion plans, I held back on revealing anything.
This matches what I heard. Apparently Toy Story was meant to be announced in June 2013 but it was cut at the eleventh hour.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
It's interesting that the transformations & even certain drives are locked to the specific keyblades. I know with certain games that by the time you get really high up in level that the stat bonuses offered by different keyblades becomes negligent but while leveling during the story, especially on higher difficulties having the right keyblade can be a gamechanger.

I'm hoping for 3 that they drop the stats on the keys & just have the passive buffs like KH2 or increased magic like some of the keys in KH1 This way you can use the keys with whichever abilities & transformations you prefer.(I'm not gonna lie I could give 2 shits about drives I've always preferred the command form changes of BbS/3D & now the Keyblade transformations are even cooler!)

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thanks Saken for translating.

I totally understand if not since it's asking a lot but any chance we could please have this other Nomura Famitsu interview that was posted today also translated? Or just a translated short summary of interesting bits? Totally understand if not but worth asking.

Patience, young Padawan. That is the plan. Let us finish this one first before we get to this other one. (It's a lot of stuff to translate and everybody has jobs xD so it'll happen soon enough)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
what there not to bleive i mean nomura liity said this take in the toy story universe

It's not a hard thought, it's just plain false.
It's confirmed the world is canon to the movies. Period.

"Nothing stated confirms that Sora is canon in the Pixar universe, only that the events of Toy Story 1 and 2 have already happened in the world we visit in Kingdom Hearts 3. and to further clarify, it means that the timeline is from Toy Story 1 to the latest short, so the story takes place officially on the timeline between Toy Story 2 and 3, but is not canon to the Pixar movie universe".

so john lasseter is really hard to work with

Not really, the only reason why there's so much discussion between him and whoever he's working with is because he's a creative director that delivers results. His kind of feedback has resulted in Pixar staying relevant despite its longevity, and Disney Animation coming back to prominence again ever since The Princess and the Frog

Last edited:

Precursor Mar

It would definitely help. It's not as practical as choosing them from the command menu and having them cost MP or Focus, but it's a nice alternative. Assuming we'll have abilities back, there will probably be a few stackable ones that increase the time they're available. Though the problem I see with this is having a bunch of them blocking off the left side of the screen for a while.

Hopefully the requirements for obtaining them are more consistent than in 0.2. Did anyone ever find a surefire way to trigger Wayfinder on the Demon Tide fight?

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
It would definitely help. It's not as practical as choosing them from the command menu and having them cost MP or Focus, but it's a nice alternative. Assuming we'll have abilities back, there will probably be a few stackable ones that increase the time they're available. Though the problem I see with this is having a bunch of them blocking off the left side of the screen for a while.

Hopefully the requirements for obtaining them are more consistent than in 0.2. Did anyone ever find a surefire way to trigger Wayfinder on the Demon Tide fight?

Birth by Sleep was my favorite of the franchise & I'll sorely miss the deck commands but with the return of shotlocks, an enhanced combo meter that gives us the options of drive forms, keyblade transformations, combo finishers, & stronger magic attacks I think I'll be okay. as far as the the options covering to much of the screen... well as someone whos played FFXIV for about 3 years now trust me you get use to HUD elements covering the screen. Granted in MMOs you could completely customize your HUD, so I guess it isn't quite the same.

saad

i swear i can remember that some reporters were saying they saw presence of green aliens or something coming from KH trailer or something in 2013

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
okay i need to who is really the fith leader now cant wait for august also nomura means less disney world then kh2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back