• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Fucking Computers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Alright, KHI, here we go. I bought a Windows Vista Home Basic with 1G of speed(from those two aspects you could probably tell, my mother is one cheap fucker.) It would've been 50$ more for a 2G speed. I am using a 4 year old monitor with the giant back included. Internet set up, speakers, mouse and keyboard are fine, though I do want a wireless mouse. Now, my older sister has gone through 2 laptops, fine, she's the older sibling, for schoolwork(doesn't even use it for that, nor does she do her work...) and my little sister has a laptop because she used my mom's Acer peicofshitmini so much my mom just gave it to her. She burned out the battery, tore off keys, and just plain fucked it up. And yet somehow it still works. Now, I'm stuck sharing this home PC with two 5 and 7 year old step brothers. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Mommy dearest buys ANOTHER fucking mini laptop because little sister took hers. She said it was for her and her boyfriend. BARELY. EVEN. GETS. TURNED. ON. Boyfriend over here uses the littles bit of computer I have, the home PC. I hate this computer. Slow, always dirty(little kids use it) and the monitor turns black and shakes all the time. I want my own computer, a good one. Mom won't get me one unless it's for Christmas or something, which I'm using to get several games. It's the only time I can, again, cheap ass mom. Birthday, same thing. So, my problem is, shitty computer being shared with other people, can't get my own even though Mom has bought atleast 4 other computers for herself and other family members. Honestly, in this situation, I'm fucked. Any ideas?

Vixx

Well, if its a huge problem man, then you have to give up either your birthday or christmas, i would choose your birthday for one since in christmas, you can prob get a bunch of games instead of just 1 or 2...but this is my idea

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Well, if its a huge problem man, then you have to give up either your birthday or christmas, i would choose your birthday for one since in christmas, you can prob get a bunch of games instead of just 1 or 2...but this is my idea

That's what's probably going to have to happen. Or I could just give this thing a massive virus.

Vixx

Or...if you say its as bad as you think, you could possibly sell it on ebay, that could give you some starter money maybe...then you could split the cost of your new pc with your mom, you would pay half, and she would pay half, you could make a deal with her, say like, if you get straight a's she could possibly get you a laptop or something, or, you will do chores for this many days or this many months for a new laptop or computer, you know...bargain, my cousin did this, he got a new hard drive for his 360, the wrath of the lich king expansion, and one time when his mom got her income tax, he bargained with her and got a new flat screen tv...i got a wii this way, it works, just make sure you say it in a very nice voice, if she says no dont get mad, just wait and try again later with a different solution, and see the results.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Or...if you say its as bad as you think, you could possibly sell it on ebay, that could give you some starter money maybe...then you could split the cost of your new pc with your mom, you would pay half, and she would pay half, you could make a deal with her, say like, if you get straight a's she could possibly get you a laptop or something, or, you will do chores for this many days or this many months for a new laptop or computer, you know...bargain, my cousin did this, he got a new hard drive for his 360, the wrath of the lich king expansion, and one time when his mom got her income tax, he bargained with her and got a new flat screen tv...i got a wii this way, it works, just make sure you say it in a very nice voice, if she says no dont get mad, just wait and try again later with a different solution, and see the results.

My mom would never listen to something like that. If I can't get a computer of my own, I decided I would upgrade this one. New monitor, new mouse, new keyboard. Speakers are fine, if great. If I did get a new computer, it would be some shitty cheap company. Acer or Emachines.

Some things I found that are not too expensive, and good.

Microsoft - Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 - Slate - BX3-00008

Best Buy

Acer - 18.5" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor - G185H

Monitor is cheap for a monitor. I have a HD tv in my room which I believe can be used as a monitor, I might resort to that. I'll show my mom these and see what she thinks.

Vixx

Even if you did do that...is it a slow pc?
if so then you need a new tower, which would be a new computer, or at least get it fixed or something.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Even if you did do that...is it a slow pc?
if so then you need a new tower, which would be a new computer, or at least get it fixed or something.

Well, 1 gig speed is pretty bad, but it does what it needs to do. I can even play Portal with the settings on their highest. Small amounts of lag here and there. I took everything apart and cleaned and put it back together, and I feel better about this computer now. My mom said when something breaks we could get a new one.

D

Deleted member 36435

My mom would never listen to something like that. If I can't get a computer of my own, I decided I would upgrade this one. New monitor, new mouse, new keyboard. Speakers are fine, if great. If I did get a new computer, it would be some shitty cheap company. Acer or Emachines.

Some things I found that are not too expensive, and good.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+Wireless+Notebook+Optical+Mouse+3000+-+Slate/6844212.p?skuId=6844212&ky=1whxm51gbOgORrn6M8JOUlLjDtR0yY7Rx&cmp=RMX&id=1093467913313]Microsoft - Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 - Slate - BX3-00008[/url]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26%23153%3B+-+Multimedia+Keyboard/8332397.p?skuId=8332397&ky=1whxm51gbOgORrn6M8JOUlLjDtR0yY7Rx&cmp=RMX&id=1175389041686]Best Buy[/url]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Acer+-+18.5%22+Widescreen+Flat-Panel+LCD+Monitor/9785647.p?id=1218174063096&skuId=9785647]Acer - 18.5" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor - G185H[/url]

Monitor is cheap for a monitor. I have a HD tv in my room which I believe can be used as a monitor, I might resort to that. I'll show my mom these and see what she thinks.
Use your TV as a monitor, make sure your graphics card can support it's resolutin, though.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
You need at least 3 gigs of RAM for Vista not to be a pain in the ass and run smoothly. I only got a bluescreen once this year and that's because I was running a RAM and CPU heavy software at that moment.

EDIT don't buy that monitor, I had 3 dead pixels right out of the box from it.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Start a job mowing lawns. Save your money, and buy whatever you want. Or wait for six months until a fat man comes down your chimmney, places presents under your Christmas Tree, and leaves. Did I mention his name rearranged is Satan? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back