• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FUCK Gamestop!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
They hold all new releases for a day or 2 (they wont give it to me until the 9th or 10th i forget which) i pre-ordered BBS 3 months ago when i bought FF13. Anyway is my Gamestop inflicting cruel & unusual punishment among its Alabama patrons or do all of them do this? Also where are you buying the game and will you be getting it on the 7th? *Sigh* i dont even wont the damn stickers anymore!!!

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
They hold all new releases for a day or 2 (they wont give it to me until the 9th or 10th i forget which) i pre-ordered BBS 3 months ago when i bought FF13. Anyway is my Gamestop inflicting cruel & unusual punishment among its Alabama patrons or do all of them do this? Also where are you buying the game and will you be getting it on the 7th? *Sigh* i dont even wont the damn stickers anymore!!!

Wow, I'm sorry man. My gamestop doesn't have that policy, so I can get it when it comes out.

Apollo

Silver Member
I have no need to preorder shit here, so I'm going to Wal-mart.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

OMG dude....them "holding all pre-orders for a day or 2" just means that you have about 2 days to pick up the game before they sell it to someone else. =/

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
lol.
"Holding New Releases" means that people who didn't preorder can't get the game for 2 days so that the people who did preorder can pick it up withouth them running out of copies.
In fact, if you don't pick it up 48 hrs. after the release, you lose your preorder.

Now, calm down. You'll get it on the 7th.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Dude, you're misunderstanding. Is this your first time preordering from Gamestop? They hold it for you, as in set a copy aside for you, away from the ones that are put out for regular sale, so that you're guaranteed the game on the release date. They're not going to deprive you of the game, since you're pretty much doing that to yourself if you actually believe they won't give it to you until the 9th, especially since the 9th is the last day you can pick it up before they sell your copy to someone else.

Last edited:

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Couple things:

1 - Saying fck Gamestop is usually considered to be sacrilege on this forum.

2 - when they hold it for you, all that means is that you've got 2 days to pick it up before they sell it to someone else. That means you can go into the store on the 7th-9th to pick up your game.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Dude, you're misunderstanding. Is this your first time preordering from Gamestop? They hold it for you, as in set a copy aside for you, away from the ones that are put out for regular sale, so that you're guaranteed the game on the release date. They're not going to deprive you of the game, since you're pretty much doing that to yourself if you actually believe they won't give it to you until the 9th, especially since the 9th is the last day you can pick it up before they sell your copy to someone else.

No you are the one who misunderstands, they wont sell they game to any one until the tenth. thats the date they have up on the board thats the date they told me.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
No you are the one who misunderstands, they wont sell they game to any one until the tenth. thats the date they have up on the board thats the date they told me.

No, they start selling the games to people who didn't preorder on the 10th. If you preordered, just go over to the store and pick up the game between the 7th-9th.

sdr08

dude, they started shipping the copies sometime last week so they will have time to get to every gamestop by the date.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Is anyone's GS having a midnight release...I just called mine and according to them they have enough preorders too...but they are not! I have no clue why, too me it just seems idiotic, and the guy said it doesn't seem like a game that is too high on demand, even when they have enough preorders to warrant a midnight release...-__-

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Is anyone's GS having a midnight release...I just called mine and according to them they have enough preorders too...but they are not! I have no clue why, too me it just seems idiotic, and the guy said it doesn't seem like a game that is too high on demand, even when they have enough preorders to warrant a midnight release...-__-

I'm not sure if mines having one, But since it's coming out on a school night I have to be home by 10:30. So I won't be able to get mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back