• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

fuck a day hanging with bill, everyone wants to go to dinner with sarah palin

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
A charity auction held on eBay to have dinner with Sarah Palin ended Friday night with a winning bid of $63,500. Cathy Maples of Huntsville, Ala., offered the small fortune to have dinner with the former Alaska governor, beating another bidder by $100.
"We were very excited," Maples says. "Me and my 13-year-old grandson were standing at the computer doing a countdown."
The money will benefit a charity for wounded military veterans.
Maples says she hopes to see Palin become president someday. She supported her when Palin ran for vice president in 2008.
"I've met her twice before, but I want to take my grandchildren," Maples said. "I have an 18-year-old and a 13-year-old and I intend to take them to the dinner."
It doesn't sound like there will be much awkward small-talk over dinner; Maples says that she wants to talk politics with Palin.
"I'd like to talk to her about what's going on in the United States and the economy and some of these czars that are in Washington that have such a bad reputation," Maples says.
Event organizers point out the $63,500 only covers the dinner. Maples, who owns a defense contracting company, will have pay her family's travel expenses to chow down with Palin, most likely in Alaska.
But she considers the money, which will benefit the Ride to Recovery charity for wounded veterans, to be money well spent.
"It was a rather large sum — more than I had anticipated to begin with — but I thought, you know, somebody's going to do it," she said. "Why not me?"
via npr

the fact that the winner of the auction owns defense contracting company and wants to see palin as president one day were the only highlights really

A

Azrael

via npr

the fact that the winner of the auction owns defense contracting company and wants to see palin as president one day were the only highlights really

Must be nice to spend time with a losing Veep. Even if it is Palin.

C

Crossroads

Man I thought this was going to be something else entirely. Nice let down.

A

Azrael

Why would anyone pay to eat with Palin or think she has a damn idea what is going on in the government?

conservatives who aren't conservative but liberals in all but name. the old fashioned liberal.

Why would anyone pay to eat Palin

I would eat her daughter if she hadn't been preggers

A

Azrael

I would of like to eat with here if I had the money. The money she is getting is for a good cause. She would been a better president then Obama.

I know. I just hate the un-accounting pork barrel spending he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back