• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

frustration at the lack of commands

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Anyone else kinda upset at the lack of commands in kingdom hearts 3d? I understand that they used a lot of their ideas for commands on birth by sleep, so I understand the lack of a bunch of new commands, but I do think that they should have included more commands than the did. Also I am a bit upset that you cannot level commands up nor can you create new ones. It made for slightly boring gameplay. I literally used spark dive the entire game, I just wished that I had the ability to try new ones out frequently in order to make the best deck. Do you think replacing the focus on commands and putting it towards the dream eaters was the best idea?

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
aren't you supposed to get most of the commands from the DE?

Awards
Yes, I suppose you are, but the point is there aren't a bunch of them. I do appreciate the lack of same move, but different element edges. And stuff like that, but yeah, I wish there was a little bit more variety of commands.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Also I am a bit upset that you cannot level commands up nor can you create new ones. It made for slightly boring gameplay. I literally used spark dive the entire game, I just wished that I had the ability to try new ones out frequently in order to make the best deck. Do you think replacing the focus on commands and putting it towards the dream eaters was the best idea?

The reason for this, was because in BBS you could pretty much get the strongest commands in the game when you start it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
There are a ton of commands you can get in DDD. It's just more difficult in this title than it was in BBS, because you have to work on the command board of the DE's.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
There are plenty of commands? I get new commands all the time, and switch my deck around and experiment with them lol. I don't know what you mean...

As for the "new" commands, like new to the series, they have quite a few and the ones they added are awesome. Like seriously, Sparkga and Balloonga need to be in every game from now on lol.

State

Awards
Yes, Deck Commands need to make a comeback over at KH3. .3.

Xammag

One of the good things about this game was that it encouraged exploration for powerful commands, as they are often just on ledges or require going back to a new area in a world you've completed. Also, selling old commands such as Fira for dream pieces to make new Spirits that will give you more powerful commands is a cool way to recycle old commands in order to get new ones. Seriously though, Spirits pretty much rule this game.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
honestly I disagree, though having all these abilities is awesome, they should do it old school style, but have the skills under magic be changable like the deck commands

Considering how well received the command style has been in all of the games its been in (BbS, Re:Coded and now this) I would be shocked if they decided to scrap it in favor of nostalgia. Don't get me wrong, I love the old style from KH1 or variations of it, but I think the command style is finally a battle style that KH has that is its alone and it is working fine for it :D

BTW, has Zero Graviza been in any game before? Yes, "za" not "ga" "ra" or "a" BECAUSE IT IS AMAZING!!!!!!! Zero Graviza > Thundaga > Meteor or Sparkga all up this room!!!!!!!!!

Blobbit

Awards
Considering how well received the command style has been in all of the games its been in (BbS, Re:Coded and now this) I would be shocked if they decided to scrap it in favor of nostalgia. Don't get me wrong, I love the old style from KH1 or variations of it, but I think the command style is finally a battle style that KH has that is its alone and it is working fine for it :D

BTW, has Zero Graviza been in any game before? Yes, "za" not "ga" "ra" or "a" BECAUSE IT IS AMAZING!!!!!!! Zero Graviza > Thundaga > Meteor or Sparkga all up this room!!!!!!!!!

Eeeehhh...Zero Graviza is basically just the Magnega of KH3D, though I would like seeing more "-za" commands like how Mickey uses Stopza, that was awesome lol. I thought there were a lot of cool new commands, especially all of Riku's awesome dark element commands. Those are definitely my favorites! The only thing I DO wish was in 3D was renewal block. That was probably the most important command in BbS o_o

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Uuuuh, there are a LOT of commands in KH3D actually. You must not have been playing with your Dream Eaters that often if you didn't get them. I actually thought that there were just as many commands here as there in Birth by Sleep. It's just that you had to work harder to get them.

soraalam1

I always thought the commands were plentiful. However, it seems sometimes the game has a slight lag when you are scrolling/performing commands. There is something that has frustrated me in the past. Whenever I scrolled through the command deck, I ended up picking the command under the one I wanted (If that makes sense) as in, when the command I wanted came in the list, I immediately pressed X instead of scrolling down once more. I think they should have made the HUD like in BBS, where you could see the command above the highlighted, and the command below it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Uuuuh, there are a LOT of commands in KH3D actually. You must not have been playing with your Dream Eaters that often if you didn't get them. I actually thought that there were just as many commands here as there in Birth by Sleep. It's just that you had to work harder to get them.

I just counted in the guides (just the Attack and Magic commands) for 3D and BbS and the count is 79 different commands in 3D, 107 in BbS not including Friendship commands, counting them would bring the total to 119. So with or without the extra commands, BbS still does have quite a few more than 3D, but I think that might be on account of the 3 different people you can play as. If you take the averages of the games (number of commands between number of playable characters) than 3D had more command per character (if half the commands were exclusive to one while the other half was exclusive to the other).

I think that the main problem lies in the fact that most of the commands can only be gotten by a few DE's in the game, and by the time many of us beat the game, we only have a fraction of spirits made (somewhere between 10-20 I would think), that would mean a whole bunch of commands have yet to be unlocked, so I think people are jumping to conclusions that what they have when they beat the game is all they are gonna get, which isn't the case ;)

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
I have all but like 5 dream eaters and I have many of their commands unlocked. It just seems like too many of them repeat from ability link to ability link, I dont like that each dream eater has about 2-4 commands to unlock and many of which repeat from dream eater to dream eater. I just wish that they had also included command meld. That was my favorite thing to do in bbs.

State

Awards
I'm not complaining over the lack of commands, seeing as how I love them all (well, at least the majority of them). But I was surprise to see new ones when I got new Dream Eaters (duh).

Xammag

I have all but like 5 dream eaters and I have many of their commands unlocked. It just seems like too many of them repeat from ability link to ability link, I dont like that each dream eater has about 2-4 commands to unlock and many of which repeat from dream eater to dream eater. I just wish that they had also included command meld. That was my favorite thing to do in bbs.

Abilities have to repeat because they stats boosts are only active as long as they are in your party. If you decide to switch them, there has to be another way to get those stat boosts through other DE. I would have liked it if they made some minor loopholes though, like if you made a better version of a DE you already have, the ability links carry over.

AlbertJ

Awards
honestly I disagree, though having all these abilities is awesome, they should do it old school style, but have the skills under magic be changable like the deck commands

Thats exactly how I feel. Command decks were nice, but we have already had them in 3 games now. Although I do think that 3D did it a hell of a lot better than BbS. If they could find a way to integrate that into the traditional battle system, I think it would be pretty cool. But unfortunately it looks like they are here to stay.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I feel like there are enough commands and i appreciate that sora and riku have exclusive commands and techniques to themsleves only as well as being able to use the advance ones from bbs. It does take time though. R ight before the final world i Noticed I didnt have the ultimate commands and had to go back grind to create dream eaters level them up to go get them. I dont mind either becuase it brought me up enough to take on the final boss.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The "traditional" battle system that KH 1 and 2 had is simple, stupid button mashing combined with annoying crap like MP and going back to use that would be a huge step backwards after the command deck is already such a success ever since BBS.

As for the "lack" of commands in DDD there isn't one, you just have to do some more effort to actually get a broader selection of commands.
That they scrapped command melding is actually a good thing since that system could be easily exploited in BBS to make your character already overpowered in the second or third world if you had enough munny or enough patience for several rounds of command board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back