• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Frozen II - November 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
And what is the truth exactly?
That LGBTIQA+ content isn't perverse and kids shouldn't be protected from learning about LGBTIQA+ people because it isn't a bad thing.

Kids grow up watching a lot of heterosexual relationships. They have it forced on them in public, from relatives and strangers, marketing and advertisements. I see grown men and women groping each other in shopping centres which are, y'know, places where kids are. How is that okay in society but a child watching a movie where a female character falls in love with another female character in the same way that these movies have a female character fall in love with a male character isn't okay?

You're acting like any instance of LGBTIQA+ representation on media is immediately followed by hardcore explicit sex scenes. This isn't the case, and LGBTIQA+ themes need to be normalised in cinema and TV in order to help the kids who do identify as such, who will identify as such, and to teach some straight people to not fear or hate LGBTIQA+ people.

So there was an LGBT argument that I missed? Well, I think it’s pointless either way since Anna and Elsa are sisters.
That's.... not the LGBT discussion wtf. It's about Elsa getting a girlfriend, namely the mysterious girl in the trailer, and how LGBTIQA+ themes and representations in movies and TVs isn't perverse or explicit.

Perkilator

Awards
That's.... not the LGBT discussion wtf. It's about Elsa getting a girlfriend, namely the mysterious girl in the trailer, and how LGBTIQA+ themes and representations in movies and TVs isn't perverse or explicit.
Ooooh, okay. Well, either way, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t expect an argument about it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Isn't the girl in the trailer a young teen though? If they are setting Elsa up with a love interest I doubt it's her.

Pokie

Children don’t have crushes on other children? Don’t question why they like certain things more than others? Don’t wonder why they feel uncomfortable in their skin even as kids?

I'm Bi and I had no idea till a few years ago, I think what they mean is that you don't truly, truly know till your least an adult. Though I can't see why there can't be any LGBT + relationships or stories in kids media and/ or Disney. If a child does feel like they could be LGBT +, this may help them.

I don't know, it's weird. I clearly had crushes on girls, but at the same time, I thought I was het ?I In short, it can take a while for somebody to sort out their sexuality.

I hope this is all worded right.

Meow Wow

Awards
I'm personally on the train of Elsa not having any partner at all. Partially because I just don't think she needs a partner, and if they go the route of Elsa being a lesbian, Disney would advertise the living hell out of it. Which in itself is annoying and opens up another can of worms about queerbaiting.

As for the recent discussions going on in this thread:
I'm pretty mixed? Like, I know that as a society, LGBT acceptance is a fairly new topic (in the grand scheme of things). So naturally there will be an uninformed or 'stuck in the past' group of people debating the moral standpoints of being queer. To which I believe there are none, being an ass is being an ass, period. However, as an LGBT teen, having a family without the 'stuck in the past' mentality, along with some bi representation here or there probably would have saved me a few years worth of questioning and denial. Along with me not being afraid to actually tell my family that I'm bi.

LGBT representation could ultimately help younger kids realize that it's ok not to be straight, so when the time comes where they realize that they're not straight, it can save time and struggle for them. Ultimately, why should parents hold back on being ok with it if it's just going to be one possibly awkward with your (probably young) kids?

As for when kids know they're LGBT.... everybody is different, but from my experiences and observations, kids will tend to show tendencies of who they're attracted to from early or mid childhood. Whenever they realize it depends on the individual. Some may figure out when they're young, others may not until they're older. Although it seems adolescence is the most common time when LGBT kids figure out they're LGBT.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
If Elsa was given a girlfriend, that wouldn't be "queerbaiting." That would be the opposite of queerbaiting.

Anyway, there's nothing extra-sexual about a LGB character in children's entertainment. I knew I was gay before 12 even if I didn't have a word for it until long after. Believe me, it would mean a lot to a child to see things that reflect them in entertainment when they're growing up, especially for those growing up in places where all they have as a break from blatant hatred, isolation, and secrecy are forms of entertainment like movies, books, etc.

Anyway, I'm fine for whatever they do with Elsa really. Whether she's set up with a guy, a girl, or nobody at all--it's fine depending on how it's written.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I don't care what happens with Elsa, because I don't really care about Frozen. Being single is more than okay, and especially when we are dithering out Disney Princess expectations.

That being said, to those that get up in arms about forcing LGBT+ themes, stuff it. We have not had a single, blatant
(doesn't mean loud, straight people, just means out of the closet, confirmed by creators within the film's own contents) queer representative from Walt Disney Animation Studios. And at some point soon, I'll need it, and I want it without speculation. I don't care about what people have to say in favor of or against minor characters like the innkeeper, Oaken, that may or may not be true. Give me a non-heteronormative romance fixed on a major character in the spotlight. I'm overdue.

Steadfast

Woah! Isn't it cool how they are making a movie sequel to a world in KH3??

All jokes aside, the Frozen 2 trailer looks amazing. The first movie was good, but this one has potential to be even better. I'll certainly be seeing it in theaters when it releases.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Hmm, this trailer didn't quite get me as excited as the last one. I'm still excited, don't get me wrong. That titan or whatever it is seems to be pretty cool! And it's nice we will learn how se actually got her powers.

Megavoltage

Awards
Elsa having a true foe to fight instead of herself is exactly what I wanted.

The water horse and stone giant, are they Bad Guy/Gal/Thing's personal minions or just the natural fauna in the enchanted land? Curious.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Elsa having a true foe to fight instead of herself is exactly what I wanted.

The water horse and stone giant, are they Bad Guy/Gal/Thing's personal minions or just the natural fauna in the enchanted land? Curious.
Given that Elsa herself can create life from her element I'd say they are creations from the antagonists

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Props to Walt Disney Animation Studios for making even the most cynical haters of Frozen be intrigued by Frozen 2.

I really hope this movie delivers and ends up being better than the original.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm more interested than in the original, buuuut who knows. Maybe the trailer showed all good scenes I might like.
I'll stay careful, but I think I'll actually completely watch this one.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Props to Walt Disney Animation Studios for making even the most cynical haters of Frozen be intrigued by Frozen 2.
Isn’t it wonderful? And there are so many who've had their knives out wanting to go in on Frozen's sequel so bad, too. Sucks to suck!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Isn’t it wonderful? And there are so many who've had their knives out wanting to go in on Frozen's sequel so bad, too. Sucks to suck!

To be fair, a lot of the hatred of Frozen came from Disney's deliberate overexposure of the movie through merchandise and Let It Go being repeated ad nauseum.

Back