• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Frozen II - November 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

moonstar_xo

Re: Disney's Frozen - First Teaser

Yeah, her hair is more of a strawberry blonde rather than golden blonde like Rapunzel's. Her nose is really different, too.

Gram

Banned
Awards

still looks exactly like Rapunzel.

they could have at least made her hair a different color

Her hair is a different color.
She's similar but I dont think she looks exactly like Rapunzel.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Woo Finally in the final stretch! Thought the no removals part probably slightly irks those who hated the snowman. xD

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

After re-watching the trailer, I'm iffy on the Snowman. There's potential, but I can see where this character can easily become very annoying. If one of the animators really declared their love for this character, they'd best hope that the audiences like him too. If not... well, hopefully the rest of the cast will be great.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Went to see Monsters University today. The entire theater broke out in laughter over Olaf and Sven in the teaser trailer. The children in the audience REALLY liked Olaf, who I think is definitely aimed at a younger audience rather than the older audience.

Because of that I'm not as bothered by Olaf as I was before. Kids like him so he's done his job.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I think we forget that Disney, while family oriented, does try to please the children first. We are gonna have those silly sidekicks for them.

Definitely true. It is hard to remember that we aren't the audience they aim these movies at, especially since we've grown up with them.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I give them money; they should cater to me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

New Disney "Frozen" Books Reveal New Character Images

Wish this movie was 2D like the initial plan was :c

Disney-frozen-book-5.jpg

Disney-frozen-book-4.jpg

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

I miss the 2D stuff. If it were actually that, I may have went to go see this in theaters.

Theart

Awards

I don't necessarily mind that Disney's decided to go in this direction of animation. It does admittedly look pretty great. However, I would rather them being doing it in a manner like Paperman or just go back to doing 2D animation.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

I give them money; they should cater to me.

Giving them money knowing fully well something you might not like is your own decision, they don't need to do squat. Disney anomation is, always has been and likely always will be aimed at children in the first place, and we should be happy with whatever bonus they may throw at us.

Theart

Awards

Giving them money knowing fully well something you might not like is your own decision, they don't need to do squat. Disney anomation is, always has been and likely always will be aimed at children in the first place, and we should be happy with whatever bonus they may throw at us.

A fair enough point, however it isn't usually the children that pay to see the film: it's their older family members. While it's a rather cynical thought, there's merit to it.

Part of what's awesome about the classic Disney films (not just the ones from the 90s, but the ones our parents and grand-parents grew up watching) is that the side-kicks are usually fun and loved characters by both the children and adults. As a result, the characters have more longevity to them and are generally memorable in a very positive light.

If Olaf is a character that the children love and adore while watching the movie, that's totally fine. As you've pointed out, Disney is firstly aimed at the children. But it's even better in the long run if Olaf ends up being a character that both kids and adults like. Maybe it's just me, but I've seen so many adults wearing t-shirts with various classic Disney side-kicks over the years. Disney makes money off of merchandise, and if they make a character that appeals to both age groups, they're a bit more likely to reel in more income from products related to that character.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

A fair enough point, however it isn't usually the children that pay to see the film: it's their older family members. While it's a rather cynical thought, there's merit to it.

Part of what's awesome about the classic Disney films (not just the ones from the 90s, but the ones our parents and grand-parents grew up watching) is that the side-kicks are usually fun and loved characters by both the children and adults. As a result, the characters have more longevity to them and are generally memorable in a very positive light.

If Olaf is a character that the children love and adore while watching the movie, that's totally fine. As you've pointed out, Disney is firstly aimed at the children. But it's even better in the long run if Olaf ends up being a character that both kids and adults like. Maybe it's just me, but I've seen so many adults wearing t-shirts with various classic Disney side-kicks over the years. Disney makes money off of merchandise, and if they make a character that appeals to both age groups, they're a bit more likely to reel in more income from products related to that character.

A good point as well and honestly, if I had it my way it would be like that. But the fact remains that children come first for them and frankly, they'll care about making them laugh before it's our turn. Children aren't exactly the hardest audience to cater to. I can live with a single character not being up to my expectations as long as the rest is good.

Theart

Awards

A good point as well and honestly, if I had it my way it would be like that. But the fact remains that children come first for them and frankly, they'll care about making them laugh before it's our turn. Children aren't exactly the hardest audience to cater to. I can live with a single character not being up to my expectations as long as the rest is good.

My thoughts as well. I'm more excited to see anything of the main characters soon, and I'll probably focus more on them once the movie's out anyways.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Yeah. It reminds me of how the company has changed it's own views since the Walt days.

"We don't make movies for children, but for the child in all of us."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah. It reminds me of how the company has changed it's own views since the Walt days.

"We don't make movies for children, but for the child in all of us."

I don't know if it really has changed. The fact we dislike a character when children like it shows that maybe we should all try to reconnect to the "child in all of us" that we are probably lacking.

Back