• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Frozen II - November 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Re: Frozen (2013)

frozen-disney-concept-art-snow-queen.jpg

This was the Elsa I wanted. ;A;

I agree I'd prefer that kind of Design. They all look way more classy and kinda give off a stronger vibe.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The posters were leaked (edit: actually they are fake), apparently. Disney has been getting sites to take them down.

That almost seems like a completely different character to the design we've been given it's crazy.

One seems magestic and cold.

The other seems....not like the antagonist for a start.

She's supposed to be the atypical villain, but they definitely made her seem like another protagonist to the story rather than the misunderstood villain who wasn't really evil at all.

Feels very "Wicked".

I agree I'd prefer that kind of Design. They all look way more classy and kinda give off a stronger vibe.

Also since she's being voiced by Idina Menzel, I would have expected somebody more refined.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Well we still have this:

tumblr_mf05tj0AtE1rnm3g9.png

So I'm sure Anna will be similar. Red hair, cloak.

Yeah, but I have no bone to pick with her design. If you're implying that this would could mean Elsa's design could be somewhat accurate, yeah I guess that's true.

misssheep

Anna looks adorable ! Though it does feel a little early to judge, but still- hyped for this !

The plot does feel very non-Disney though.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Re: Disney's Frozen

I'm definitely excited for this movie and I'm in love with the art, but haven't followed it too much in the last year. The height of my interest is always in a trailer. They clearly took massive liberties with the original story, and I grew up with the 1959 in my early childhood so I just hope they don't make this too formulaic like Tangled.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm definitely excited for this movie and I'm in love with the art, but haven't followed it too much in the last year. The height of my interest is always in a trailer. They clearly took massive liberties with the original story, and I grew up with the 1959 in my early childhood so I just hope they don't make this too formulaic like Tangled.

There hasn't been too much shown, actually, and any info that was given at private Disney events was kept under wraps besides very vague impressions.

We need a trailer very soon. Expect that we will probably see a trailer for Frozen before Monsters University.

I am definitely hoping they strayed away from it. I really want an emphasis on Anna and Elsa's relationship as sisters considering there is so much they can do with it. Also for there not to be a "villain" in the traditional sense. I'm hoping it is really just a story of misunderstandings and maybe a bit of "having to save you from yourself" moments because I imagine Elsa will probably need that.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

There hasn't been too much shown, actually, and any info that was given at private Disney events was kept under wraps besides very vague impressions.

We need a trailer very soon. Expect that we will probably see a trailer for Frozen before Monsters University.

I am definitely hoping they strayed away from it. I really want an emphasis on Anna and Elsa's relationship as sisters considering there is so much they can do with it. Also for there not to be a "villain" in the traditional sense. I'm hoping it is really just a story of misunderstandings and maybe a bit of "having to save you from yourself" moments because I imagine Elsa will probably need that.
Oh, no doubt that will be good. I just don't really have an impression.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Can't wait to see how the trailer looks after seeing so many concept images.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

tumblr_mok1envqOG1r94mgyo1_1280.jpg

Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) finally meets up with her missing sister, Elsa (Idina Menzel), who has fled the Kingdom of Arendelle after triggering a curse that brings eternal winter. "Anna is opening the ice door as she enters Elsa's world. And it's the first moment they have seen each other," says co-director Jennifer Lee. "Anna tries to convince Elsa that her place is back at home," Bell says. "That it doesn't matter how you stumble, your home is with me."
tumblr_mok1envqOG1r94mgyo2_1280.jpg

Kristoff (Jonathan Groff) rides his faithful reindeer, Sven. "Sven is quite strong and able to carry humans. And the two are best buds," Lee says. "But as a reindeer, he doesn't talk — or fly."
tumblr_mok1envqOG1r94mgyo3_1280.jpg

Anna meets with the charming suitor Hans."This is a big film with an epic story. But there's always a little romance in these," says Lee. "You cannot help it, and it's fun."
tumblr_mok1envqOG1r94mgyo4_1280.jpg

Josh Gad voices the snowman Olaf."Josh brings humor to every scene," co-director Chris Buck says of the 'Book of Mormon' star. "He's hilarious."
tumblr_mok1envqOG1r94mgyo5_1280.jpg

Sven takes a spill on the ice, but the humor in 'Frozen' comes from all the characters. "You like to give your lead characters humor, fun and some flaws, " Buck says. "You can't rely only on the sidekicks for that. So you don't have these perfect lead characters you might have had in the past."

Kristen Bell's dreams of portraying a Walt Disney heroine have come true now that she will give voice to the klutzy but true-hearted Anna in the animated adventure epic Frozen.

"Since I was 4 years old, I dreamed of being in a Disney animated film," Bell says. "It was the first goal I ever set for myself. It seemed like it would be a very unrealistic one."

In Frozen, due Nov. 27, Anna heads out on a treacherous quest to find her older, more powerful sister, Elsa, the Queen of Arrendelle (Idina Menzel). Elsa has fled after accidentally setting off a curse, leaving her kingdom in perpetual winter. The story is based on a Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale.

"Anna is the sibling who doesn't normally get that much attention and is used to kind of just spazzing out on her own," Bell says. "But she's forced into a position where her sister needs her, and she has to step up to the plate."

Bell brought her own ideas to directors Chris Buck (Surf's Up, Tarzan) and Jennifer Lee (a screenwriter on Wreck-It Ralph) about how to play her character.

"She's not a good fighter, she doesn't have good posture, she's not very elegant, and she's constantly putting her foot in her mouth," she says. "But she's a good person and she's utterly determined."

"She doesn't have any superpowers," adds Lee. "But Anna is one of these ordinary people doing an extraordinary thing."

Anna has help on her quest to find Elsa, including an assist from rugged mountain man Kristoff (Jonathan Groff), whose friendly steed is a reindeer named Sven. The group is joined by talking snowman Olaf (Josh Gad), who provides further comic relief.

And there is romance. After all, Frozen features the charming Prince Hans (Santino Fontana, who is currently starring as Prince Charming in Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella on Broadway).

"He's the more Disney-type of guy," says Bell, who notes that Anna also develops an unlikely fondness for Kristoff. But the film focuses on the relationship between the two sisters.

"That's such an important part of this,'' Lee says. "Two sisters torn apart by a big family secret."

The animators traveled to Norway to scope out the winter world firsthand and incorporated the look into Frozen's 3-D-enhanced scenery. Buck says his team had "a blast" re-creating the beauty on-screen.

"The light is amazing, the way it refracts and dances off the snow and ice," Buck says. "We're still working on the film, but what we have seen is stunning."

Frozen also features music from The Book of Mormon's Robert Lopez and lyrics from his wife, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, which are performed by top Broadway stars. Bell sang alongside stage standout Menzel, a prospect she found "terrifying."

"It's like getting on a bike path with Lance Armstrong," Bell says. "She's one of the best singers on the planet."

But like Anna, Bell carried the day. She says her role is something that Lincoln, her newborn daughter with Dax Shepard, will be proud of one day.

"Now that I have a little girl, she's going to be able to see me voice this character, and that's a special part of the process for me," Bell says. "She won't know for a very long time, but when that time comes, she'll be as excited as I am now."

'Frozen' defrosts Kristen Bell's Disney dreams

The trailer comes out tomorrow! I'm definitely ready for it. I'm glad they are reaffirming that the story centers on Anna and Elsa's relationship despite the presence of a bit of romance. It should be 90% about Anna and Elsa, and Elsa's powers.

Back