• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

From statements about 0.2 and KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wottles

With
  • 0.2 leading into KH3.
  • Sora appearing in 0.2
  • KH3's prologue being shorter due to 0.2
  • Sora being a master in KH3

Could it be that Aqua is the one who bestows Sora with the title of Master?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I like this theory. We're under the assumption that aqua stays trapped in the Realm of Darkness and this would be an intriguing turn of events. However, having Sora become a "master" means that his status of being an "ordinary boy" is gone.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I don't think he cares enough for that to make it a relevant plot point again. The ending of 3D showed how important it was for Riku to prove being "good enough" while Sora couldn't have cared less about himself anyways.

appleboy82791

Awards
I like this too.
When exactly was it said that Sora was appearing in 0.2? I know the trailers have shown Sora in 0.2 but not in relation to meeting with Aqua. Are you suggesting that part of the ending of 0.2 is Sora saving Aqua from the RoD? And then Aqua makes him a Keyblade Master after she's been recovered from the RoD? I'm not criticizing, just asking for you to expand on this idea.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I don't think he cares enough for that to make it a relevant plot point again. The ending of 3D showed how important it was for Riku to prove being "good enough" while Sora couldn't have cared less about himself anyways.

I kind of agree with this. Add in all the other important questions and plot threads that need to be tied together in KH3, I'm unsure exactly how pertinent Sora becoming a key blade master is. Just as Void said, the necessity of that matter was sort of already addressed in 3D.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
However, having Sora become a "master" means that his status of being an "ordinary boy" is gone.

Are you saying that's a bad thing? It's not like he was gifted superior skills in everything from birth, if he becomes a master it's because he has earned it with hard work and surviving through a lot of hardship. He's already pretty special with the way he can connect to other people's hearts and all that, so I don't see how one title would make much of a difference?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Are you saying that's a bad thing? It's not like he was gifted superior skills in everything from birth, if he becomes a master it's because he has earned it with hard work and surviving through a lot of hardship. He's already pretty special with the way he can connect to other people's hearts and all that, so I don't see how one title would make much of a difference?

The difference would be that he makes all those connections and is "the chosen one" even though there are people smarter and stronger and more qualified than him. That's what makes him who he is.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Ugh, I just really want Sora to stay this "Special-but-not-Special"-Kid. :/
It's why I love that Sora didn't get a Master Title in DDD -- he's not this superduper protagonist who always get's everything.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
But it's not like master is a "the one and only chosen one" title, we don't know how many masters there have been, but there are several. I always saw it as a natural progress, you go from keyblade apprentice to keyblade master, like in many other sports/professions/etc. that have the apprentice-master thing. I don't think it makes you super special, it's like... a promotion. But I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
The difference would be that he makes all those connections and is "the chosen one" even though there are people smarter and stronger and more qualified than him. That's what makes him who he is.

Perfectly said. What makes Sora so "special" is the fact that he isn't the best character in the series. He isn't the most powerful, he sometimes can't keep up with those around him, and he fails often. Even though he can connect with the hearts of others and whatnot, when compared to a lot of other characters in the series, Sora just isn't all that spectacular. That's his charm.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't think it makes you super special, it's like... a promotion. But I guess it depends on how you look at it.
Kinda does make you super special, as I said - Sora not getting the Master Title is nice because he is not this superduper protagonist who always get's everything, unlike most protagonists.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Alright, I guess it's up to how you see the title "master" then :D Because I like the fact that Sora didn't get it in DDD, protagonists need to fail too. And I don't want Sora to become super special, I like how he has different qualities that make him so important. I just personally don't see the title to be that big of a deal.

But to answer the question in the first post, I think if it's ever going to happen it would probably be Mickey or Yen Sid, since they're closer to being his mentors in a way.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Alright, I guess it's up to how you see the title "master" then :D Because I like the fact that Sora didn't get it in DDD, protagonists need to fail too. And I don't want Sora to become super special, I like how he has different qualities that make him so important. I just personally don't see the title to be that big of a deal.
If it wouldn't be a big deal, they wouldn't make a big deal out of it in 2 games or something like that

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora's going to appear in 0.2?
You mean his heart/stained glass or did I miss something?

That aside, always a follower of the "Aqua tied to Sora", I can only agree.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
With
  • 0.2 leading into KH3.
  • Sora appearing in 0.2

I have thought that the comment about Sora appearing would just be that he returns to the Mysterious Tower with the rest of the gang. How would Aqua bestow the master title anyway? I think she will probably still be at the RoD at the end of 0.2, and she will be saved in KHIII. So she can`t be there to do it physically.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
BbS kind of destroyed the idea that "Keyblade Master" is some kind of special title chosen by fate that only the chosen one can have. It's a promotion that must be earned, not just given willy nilly. I think for some people here, they let KH1 taint the idea of what a 'master' is because in KH1. Everyone was going around about how special it was and how 'chosen' Sora was. In reality, Sora has only ever been a wielder.

If Sora earns his title now, I don't think it's a problem. It's just that, a promotion. A title. For Riku, it meant proving himself worthy. For Sora, it's nothing of value because it's not like it was back in the day where your teacher tells you some secrets and you get extra responsibilities like Aqua. Sora and Riku had no teacher, they just winged it. There's no secrets for them to learn and no knowledge to be passed down onto them.

I don't mind if Sora earns his title promotion. It won't change anything and it doesn't make him anymore special than he already is. There aren't many wielders running around these days, and out of those people, 2 or arguably 3 are masters. It's really not that big of a deal.

All that said, I would absolutely love it if Aqua granted Sora the title of Master. I created an entirely different thread theorizing that Aqua would have chosen Sora if Riku had not been gifted with the power already:
http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...r-prologue/212120-aqua-chose-sora-theory.html

If she and Sora somehow come in contact in 0.2, after of course, she's learned that the boy she tried to spare from trouble saved the world more than once and kept his promise to her to keep Riku on the straight and narrow.... talk about feels. THAT is a Master ceremony I want to see. She'd be so proud.

P.S: DDD was perfect in not giving Sora the title because he didn't earn it. The rule was to return back safe. He didn't. I think that perfect illustrates the importance of earning the title. Key thing here.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Everything put aside, there are right now really more important and pressing things to pay attention to than make Sora a Master.

Sora himself has shown to not even care for it and considers it a formality, so I somewhat feel it is really more parts of the fandom being incapable or unwilling of wrapping the mind around the fact that being the main protagonist doesn't have to always mean getting every gimmick and honor available in a given works universe.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not into this to make Sora special or stronger or anything like that (which is why I find it good that he didn't get the title in DDD and I don't understand why people can't see it was good for his character)

I'm into Aqua giving Sora the Master title at some point because feels. I want those feels. Many feels. If this happens in 0.2, I won't mind oneeeeee bit. I need all the feels I can. If Aqua isn't the one to grant Sora the Master title in a feelsy way.... THEN WHAT POINT IS THERE????

That is all.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
With
  • 0.2 leading into KH3.
  • Sora appearing in 0.2

I'm dumb with KH stuff, but wouldn't Sora just be his kid self in 0.2?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm dumb with KH stuff, but wouldn't Sora just be his kid self in 0.2?
Mickey enters the Realm of Darkness on the same day that Sora shows up in Traverse Town in KH1. For 0.2 to be the story of how Mickey met Aqua, this means 0.2 takes place during KH1-CoM (or possibly, that it spans from right post-BBS to at least that point). The story is also being told with a framing device -- that being, Mickey telling the story to Riku and Kairi -- this framing device is taking place post-KH3D. So there are ways for him to appear that wouldn't be his kid self.

That being said, I don't recall Nomura really confirming that Sora would appear in 0.2 in any real way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back