• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

From Here On In...We're Blind World-Wise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

disney233

Awards
So...from here on in we're blind. We have....I believe 2-3 worlds left. Whatever trailer coming in next, it'll be up to speculations. We all had expectations of worlds coming in, through leaks, and through the popularity of the films...Frozen, for example. We have no idea what world'll be revealed next, and it's up to the speculators to do so.

It could be worlds that people have been grasping for confirmation for YEEEARS like Wreck-it-Ralph, Jungle Book, Princess & The Frog, and worlds that people have given up on like Treasure Planet and Atlantis. Odds also are the next world could be another returning one like Olymups and Port Royal. I, myself am still holding hope for Agrabah for that desert environment. Or a world for the Emperor's New Grove, for that Aztec civilization environment.

So...what do you think? Now that we're....pretty blind what do you guys think'll the worlds come down to?

Subzero

I wish that Nomura would confirm the number of worlds left to reveal. There is so much speculation on just how many worlds left there are, Disney and original. Some people even think we aren’t getting any more.

Taking just Disney into account, based on his previous statement that the number of Disney worlds will be less than those in KH2 (and the fact that he confirmed that there will be a beginning, middle, and end tier featuring those worlds) I assume that we will get 2 more Disney worlds to level it out:

So far we have 7 full, explorable Disney worlds (excluding Winnie the Pooh). Increase that by 2 unknown Disney worlds and we have 3 for each set - beginning, middle, and end.

In terms of what the worlds are, I am strongly convinced that The Princess and the Frog will be one of them. There is so much potential for that world and it has very diverse settings, characters, and environment. The villain is perfect for a KH game and Tiara would easily fit the princess of heart role. Brave is too similar to Tangled imo, so I’m more inclined that TPATF will make it into the game.

For the 2nd world, it’s hard to say but I think The Jungle Book has high chances of being in the game. We don’t have an animal/jungle themed world yet and we know the developers have been considering putting it into the KH franchise multiple times.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Two more worlds is my guess. One belonging to one of the new princess and the unexpected Disney world none of us saw coming.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Deep Space (Space Theme) and Wonderland (Bizarre Theme)

or

Princess and the Frog & Oz the Great and Powerful

and one last choice

Tron x Tron Legacy & the Jungle Book

ghostwarmen

Awards
I have no doubt anymore that Princess and the Frog is in this game. Not just because it is my most wanted world, the themes, story, characters, and environment work so well with KH. Not to mention the new 7 hearts plot, the noblewoman-like heartless, and the fact that they incorporating nearly every film from this "new Disney Renaissance," just seems to hint towards its inclusion.

As for the other Disney world if there are two left, I honestly see Atlantis or Agrabah being in, with me personally wanting Atlantis to make it between the two. The idea of Kida being the heart of an entire city holds so much potential, and the environments they could use would make the world stand out incredibly well. I never did care for the movie, but I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't work really well with KH.

kaseykockroach

Awards
If it's Princess and the Frog, I can't wait to see how they make Ray's death even tackier.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Oz the Great and Powerful is an awful movie and I do not want to interact with James Franco in KH.

kaseykockroach

Awards
If it's any reassurance, we already have a "fantasy forest" world with Kingdom of Corona anyway.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Hold on, where did Oz the Great and Powerful suddenly come from. I thought if they used another live action film it would be Alice in Wonderland.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I'm holding out at the moment for Princess and the Frog and Atlantis.

I had sort of wanted Mary Poppins, personally, but Nomura flat out denied having any other live action worlds, didn't he? Or maybe it was just Mary Poppins in particular, I don't really remember. But either way I know it's not happening, sadly.

While brainstorming, I think we also have to consider who is available as a darkness to be an antagonist. We have Saix, Demyx, Vexen, maybe Xion, maybe Roxas (I doubt it, but eh), and...am I missing anyone? Whoever is the "darkness" would probably need to make sense in the world, I would think...

And if that is the case, PaTF makes the most sense for Demyx because he would totally be into that jazz music scene. Atlantis for Vexen. And I still say Radiant Garden is for Saix.

Other off the wall ones I think they might actually consider using (assuming other live actions are not actually possible):
-Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under (it's quirky, cute, and could take place over several different environments. If we go with the first one, Penny could be an off-the-wall princess of heart just like Alice was. It might actually be possible for S,D,G to either shrink to mouse-size or actually be mice? Might be a very fun mechanic to have another "small" world like Ven in BBS. In terms of the sequel, going to the Australian outback would be a neat change, and could possibly have SDG be animals here as well)
-The Great Mouse Detective (I love this movie. Not only would it be another chance to do a "small" world, but having a boss fight inside of the clock tower would be fun as hell. I'm...not sure how they would tie the world into the story for KH3 though, which might be it's biggest problem. Maybe something to do with making the machine "replicas" of people? Haha...yeah...)

Other ones I think would be fun, but are not likely:
-Treasure Planet (I still would want this one, but it's chances are basically zero at the moment because of Pirates...)
-The Black Cauldron (cool, cool movie, but mostly forgotten. Might have issues with copyrights...but I could easily see them making the horned king some kind of heartless or something.)
-Robin Hood (As much as this would be fun, especially having to participate in some sort of medieval festival of sorts/archery contest, I feel like it clashes a bit too much with the aesthetic in Tangled. However, it would give us an animal transformation world...)

And as much as I never understood the weird fervor around it, I suppose Jungle Book could work, but it honestly feels just as likely as something like 101 Dalmatians to me. Unless the introduced some weird plot point like "ah! there is a black box/the black box in the jungle ruins!" or something...but that just feels weirdly forced. Jungle Book to me seems like a natural replacement for Winnie the Pooh in future installments. It would be a great mini-game world with lots of assorted characters to do puzzles and games with but I still don't see it being a full world.

Edit:

Also something weird I thought about:

Okay, get this...what if they did Haunted Mansion in some capacity? Not sure about the Eddie Murphy one, but just having the world as an environment would be interesting...

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Also something weird I thought about:

Okay, get this...what if they did Haunted Mansion in some capacity? Not sure about the Eddie Murphy one, but just having the world as an environment would be interesting...

I proposed this a while back and I think it could be fantastic. If there’s a Princess and the Frog world, the Mansion could even be a sub-world/secret location since the attraction in Disneyland is also set in New Orleans. It could help fill the void left by Halloween Town.

sephydark

Awards
It's kind of exciting to me that we've gotten to the end of the leaks. Personally, I'm hoping that the surprising world Nomura talked about is going to be really unexpected and get everyone talking about it; that's always a lot of fun. I do wish that we got actual confirmation on how many Disney worlds are going to be in so that people would stop jumping to wild conclusions or insisting that we've already got everything when evidence points to there being more.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Hold on, where did Oz the Great and Powerful suddenly come from. I thought if they used another live action film it would be Alice in Wonderland.

The problem with using Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (especially in the Xehanort saga) is the confusion that stems from a lore perspective. And the last time Nomura mentioned about Alice in Wonderland, it was in the same interview where he wanted to do something with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, and look how that turned out.

Oz the Great and Powerful is an awful movie and I do not want to interact with James Franco in KH.

I mean, Pirates 3 is a mixed movie, and Johnny Deep isn't much better as a person, yet here we are.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Maybe it's me just wanting to be hopeful but i would find it odd if there wasn't another world with deep water exploration. Developing swimming mechanics by itself is one thing but the addition of underwater combat just seems like a bit of a waste for one world.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe it's me just wanting to be hopeful but i would find it odd if there wasn't another world with deep water exploration. Developing swimming mechanics by itself is one thing but the addition of underwater combat just seems like a bit of a waste for one world.

Partially submerged temples are a staple of many video games and that’s something we haven’t yet had in the series, iirc. I’d love to see something like that in this game. Now what film would have that? ;)

Yborra

Hello everyone!! I think about the topic of this thread very often. And I want to share with you a list of eligible worlds for KH3.
(Note: I’ve included Animation Studios that have movies that already have appeared in KH games (Not Live action). Some of them already had representation like the Dumbo summon, but haven’t got a full world yet. If you think I missed any movie please let me know!)

Walt Disney Animation Studios
1941 Dumbo - Summon in KH games
1942 Bambi - Summon in KH games
1942 Saludos Amigos
1944 The Three Caballeros
1946 Make Mine Music
1946 Song of the South
1947 Fun and Fancy Free
1948 Melody Time
1949 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
1955 Lady and the Tramp - Background decoration in Traverse Town
1961 One Hundred and One Dalmatians - Characters in KH1
1963 The Sword in the Stone - Character in KH games
1967 The Jungle Book
1970 The Aristocats
1973 Robin Hood
1977 The Rescuers & 1990 The Rescuers Down Under
1981 The Fox and the Hound
1985 The Black Cauldron
1986 The Great Mouse Detective
1988 Oliver & Company
1995 Pocahontas – I NEED THIS WORLD LIKE I NEED TO BREATHE
2000 Dinosaur – Please don’t
2000 The Emperor's New Groove
2001 Atlantis: The Lost Empire
2002 Treasure Planet
2003 Brother Bear
2004 Home on the Range – Please don’t
2005 Chicken Little - Summon in KH2 but please, DON’T
2007 Meet the Robinsons
2008 Bolt
2009 The Princess and the Frog
2012 Wreck-It Ralph - Character already as a summon in KH3

PIXAR Animation Studios
1998 A Bug's Life
2003 Finding Nemo
2004 The Incredibles
2006 Cars & 2011 Cars 2 & 2017 Cars 3
2007 Ratatouille à Character already in KH3 with a cooking minigame
2008 WALL-E
2009 Up
2012 Brave

Other Studios
1995 A Goofy Movie à Characters in KH games (Disneytoon Studios)
1996 James and the Giant Peach (Skellington Productions & Walt Disney Pictures)
2012 Frankenweenie (Disney & Tim Burton Productions)
2013 Planes & 2014 Planes: Fire & Rescue (Disneytoon Studios) – Please don’t

Special cases of Disney Animation
1964 Mary Poppins (Walt Disney Productions)
1971 Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Walt Disney Productions)
1988 Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Special case: It’s Disney, they have merchandising rights. Other studios like Warner “lend” their characters for the movie. If this world appears in KH, it would be without those characters.)
2007 Enchanted (Walt Disney Pictures with James Baxter Animation)

My bet is on Pocahontas, The Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, The Princess and the frog & Brave :)

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The problem with using Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (especially in the Xehanort saga) is the confusion that stems from a lore perspective. And the last time Nomura mentioned about Alice in Wonderland, it was in the same interview where he wanted to do something with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, and look how that turned out.

I mean, Pirates 3 is a mixed movie, and Johnny Deep isn't much better as a person, yet here we are.

There shouldn't be any confusion. If they need to explain why Wonderland looks so wildly different they can just say that a seeker corrupted and changed it. We know they can alter worlds since Young Xehanort split Toy Box in half. And I don't think Oswald and the live action adaptation is really comparable

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Hello everyone!! I think about the topic of this thread very often. And I want to share with you a list of eligible worlds for KH3.
(Note: I’ve included Animation Studios that have movies that already have appeared in KH games (Not Live action). Some of them already had representation like the Dumbo summon, but haven’t got a full world yet. If you think I missed any movie please let me know!)

Walt Disney Animation Studios
1941 Dumbo - Summon in KH games
1942 Bambi - Summon in KH games
1942 Saludos Amigos
1944 The Three Caballeros
1946 Make Mine Music
1946 Song of the South
1947 Fun and Fancy Free
1948 Melody Time
1949 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
1955 Lady and the Tramp - Background decoration in Traverse Town
1961 One Hundred and One Dalmatians - Characters in KH1
1963 The Sword in the Stone - Character in KH games
1967 The Jungle Book
1970 The Aristocats
1973 Robin Hood
1977 The Rescuers & 1990 The Rescuers Down Under
1981 The Fox and the Hound
1985 The Black Cauldron
1986 The Great Mouse Detective
1988 Oliver & Company
1995 Pocahontas – I NEED THIS WORLD LIKE I NEED TO BREATHE
2000 Dinosaur – Please don’t
2000 The Emperor's New Groove
2001 Atlantis: The Lost Empire
2002 Treasure Planet
2003 Brother Bear
2004 Home on the Range – Please don’t
2005 Chicken Little - Summon in KH2 but please, DON’T
2007 Meet the Robinsons
2008 Bolt
2009 The Princess and the Frog
2012 Wreck-It Ralph - Character already as a summon in KH3

PIXAR Animation Studios
1998 A Bug's Life
2003 Finding Nemo
2004 The Incredibles
2006 Cars & 2011 Cars 2 & 2017 Cars 3
2007 Ratatouille à Character already in KH3 with a cooking minigame
2008 WALL-E
2009 Up
2012 Brave

Other Studios
1995 A Goofy Movie à Characters in KH games (Disneytoon Studios)
1996 James and the Giant Peach (Skellington Productions & Walt Disney Pictures)
2012 Frankenweenie (Disney & Tim Burton Productions)
2013 Planes & 2014 Planes: Fire & Rescue (Disneytoon Studios) – Please don’t

Special cases of Disney Animation
1964 Mary Poppins (Walt Disney Productions)
1971 Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Walt Disney Productions)
1988 Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Special case: It’s Disney, they have merchandising rights. Other studios like Warner “lend” their characters for the movie. If this world appears in KH, it would be without those characters.)
2007 Enchanted (Walt Disney Pictures with James Baxter Animation)

My bet is on Pocahontas, The Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, The Princess and the frog & Brave :)
I don't think Pocahontas would appear in this installment nor do I think that James and the Giant Peach and especially Enchanted have a chance to appear as worlds in the Kingdom Hearts games. Also Cars, please don't.

If we're going by the remaining Final Keyblades on the Magic Form and Speed Form category I see it like this:

1. Magic Form - Princess and the Frog

2. Speed Form - Aladdin, Wreck-it Ralph (unless if its announced as the Union X world), Lilo & Stitch, Atlantis

There shouldn't be any confusion. If they need to explain why Wonderland looks so wildly different they can just say that a seeker corrupted and changed it. We know they can alter worlds since Young Xehanort split Toy Box in half. And I don't think Oswald and the live action adaptation is really comparable
And there's also the fact Space Paranoids is a copy of the Tron: Legacy world (The Grid), even though this is unrelated to what you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back