• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Friendly reminder that Atlantis: the Lost Empire was under consideration for KH1

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

redcrown

Awards
As much as I and other fans would have liked Atlantis in KH, it makes sense why it wasn't in KH1. It was the first entry of the series and needed to have the 'classic' movies to set up the core Disney lore of the franchise. It ideally would have been in KH3 since it would have lent itself to the larger scope of the film, in the same vein as Treasure Planet having a larger than life setting.

And as much as I agree 2D films and the underrated cult favorites should come back, I still worry they'll get the same restrained treatment as the blockbuster films in KH3. Is Disney more restrictive with their newer big title films, or all their films from now on, no matter how marketable they are anymore?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
As much as I and other fans would have liked Atlantis in KH, it makes sense why it wasn't in KH1. It was the first entry of the series and needed to have the 'classic' movies to set up the core Disney lore of the franchise. It ideally would have been in KH3 since it would have lent itself to the larger scope of the film, in the same vein as Treasure Planet having a larger than life setting.

And as much as I agree 2D films and the underrated cult favorites should come back, I still worry they'll get the same restrained treatment as the blockbuster films in KH3. Is Disney more restrictive with their newer big title films, or all their films from now on, no matter how marketable they are anymore?
I think it's their newer titles since they are the ones still ongoing instead of films such as Atlantis or Treasure Planet. Disney might be more flexible with those sort of films

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't see why every world needs to be big/iconic movies. KH2 had a nice balance so i don't see why that needs to stop. With Disney being more involved and more restrictive with these new properties, having so many movies like that wouldn't be so good.
I would have agreed with you in the past, but if there are only going to be 7-8 Disney worlds per game from now on, they're not gonna waste a slot on movies like Robin Hood or Treasure Planet.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I would have agreed with you in the past, but if there are only going to be 7-8 Disney worlds per game from now on, they're not gonna waste a slot on movies like Robin Hood or Treasure Planet.

Even though they SHOULD ;___;

Reactions: Raz

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Yeah...this does get me down. Reality can be harsh but at the same time, there's a finite amount of big/iconic movies left that could be usable as good worlds. I feel like they'll have to mix it up just a bit so they can have more to use for the next title.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I thought the length of games like KHIII and DDD was sufficient. I'd rather have them continually invest in each property whole-heartedly than to give us an arbitrary additional bunch for the sake of numbers. Age old adages apply here too: Quality > quanity.

In agreement with @ultima-demi, the Disney canon only reaches so far. In the end, I think it's more likely than not to see each of the canon films represented in some fashion at the end of it all (whenever that is), other acquisitions be damned.

It's really cool to think of the idea of Atlantis's future in KH, since it was once being assessed for that first entry. Thematically, it just tips the scales wildly. And assuming that of those 30, most were probably in the WDAS canon, that's well over half of the then-current lineup being imagined into KH.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The bathroom??? Give me that Donald has constipation plotline we deserve.

Back