• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

French music

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-Getter Greg

I've been exposed to a bit of french music over the years thanks to my french teacher, and i like it quite a bit. Favorite artists are Coeur de pirate, Dionysos, Kyo, Tete, and Les Ogres de Barback.

Anyone else like this stuff?

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I've listened to Coeur de Pirate a few times. I thought it was good shit.

Also, we listen to MC Solaar in my French class. That's mainly as an inside joke with our class, though.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
right, nigs, let me give you a lesson.

Best French music is the old shit known as 'chanson'. It consists of artists such as:
serge_gainsbourg.jpg

Serge Gainsbourg. He does the sleazy dude thing well. Listen to his 1971 album 'Histoire de Melody Nelson'.

As well as Francoise Hardy, Jacques Brel, Brigitte Fontaine, etc. Serge is my favourite though.

My favourite non-'chanson' French group (well, they're based in England, but the vocals tend to be French) are Stereolab. I would put a picture if they were as badass looking as Serge, but they aren't. They mix chanson, lounge pop (i.e. Burt Bacharach, Esquivel) and Krautrock (Neu!, Faust, Can, etc.) to deliver interesting results. Their best album is probably Emperor Tomato Ketchup (1996). Go get it now.

(masturbates)

Also, we listen to MC Solaar in my French class. That's mainly as an inside joke with our class, though.

kind of want to listen to French hip hop.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

I think I get the inside joke.

Also, going back a few decades, I have to say that Charles Trénet is spectacular, especially this song. It's called Verlaine. Makes my heart soar for home.

Last edited:

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
I cant relate to any of these Artist, I dont hate them, but i dont like the songs much. it would help if i could understand them, (GOd BLess YOutube):lol::lol::lol:

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I cant relate to any of these Artist, I dont hate them, but i dont like the songs much. it would help if i could understand them, (GOd BLess YOutube):lol::lol::lol:

You don't have to be French/understand French to appreciate the music, you know. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back