• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Free Day of defeat: source weekend.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

::leonskey::

User Title
well, a few days ago valve announced they would be givin everyone a chance to try out thare latest fps, Day of defeat: Source.

Day of Defeat: Source is now avalaible for a free trial on Steam. So if you don't have DoD:S, you can try it out from today until 11:59 PM Sunday.
February 10, 2005
Day of Defeat: Source is now available for a free trial via Steam. Visit Steampowered.com to get the game and play through the weekend for free.
if your unfamilliar with valve, they are the creators of Half-life2 and counter-strike source.
Day of defeat is a WW2 Fps. (as if thare werent enough,) But this ones actualy good.
It is running on the half-life 2 Engine. im surprised no one else posted this.
screens here.
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/703/703780/imgs_1.html
Ima get some personaly screens myself, and write a review within the next hour,
i think that if you can run the game, its worth a try.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
This is crap. I already know how awesome Day of Defeat is. I used to play it constantly back before Steam(ing pile) was set up, those glory days of WON. If it I didn't have to buy it through Steam, I would most certainly get it.

Let me just say that it is the best mutliplayer Half-Life mod out there. Counter-Strike has nothing on Day of Defeat. The gameplay is set around two teams (each with different classes and weapons) controlling a certain amount of points on the map. It's much more interesting than the glorified team deathmatches of Counter-Strike. It actually requires teamwork. Should DoD: Source prove to be unchanged since the original, I highly recommend it.

::leonskey::

User Title
Square Ninja said:
This is crap. I already know how awesome Day of Defeat is. I used to play it constantly back before Steam(ing pile) was set up, those glory days of WON. If it I didn't have to buy it through Steam, I would most certainly get it.

Let me just say that it is the best mutliplayer Half-Life mod out there. Counter-Strike has nothing on Day of Defeat. The gameplay is set around two teams (each with different classes and weapons) controlling a certain amount of points on the map. It's much more interesting than the glorified team deathmatches of Counter-Strike. It actually requires teamwork. Should DoD: Source prove to be unchanged since the original, I highly recommend it.
yeah, ive been playing it over the weekend, And its preety damn fun, certinly puts a new look on the Overstressed "CTF" multiplayer gameing.
im going to buy it this weekend at gamestop, if they sell it.
Also im love the use of classes.
im always a support,sniper or rocket.
BTW, square if you wanna play the old DOD, i got that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back