• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fragmentary Passge difficulty question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordKing

I just finished Dream Drop Distance. Will I miss out on any content if I play Fragmentary Passage on Beginner difficulty?

Muke

whatever
Awards
You won't! There is no unlockable secret ending, and the difficulty itself doesn't change anything, so enjoy the game! :)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's also worth mentioning that it's one of the KH games where highest difficulty is no fun at all. It only restricts you and hardly gives any advantages in exchange, sadly.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
It's also worth mentioning that it's one of the KH games where highest difficulty is no fun at all. It only restricts you and hardly gives any advantages in exchange, sadly.

Wow, I see this comment and think "what a good opinion this stranger has" of course it was you smh. But yes, 0.2 crit is no fun. Who ever thought removing enemy drops was a good idea, just makes it more boring and forces you to use items to be able to do anything fun OH but wait you can't use items either haha only three per fight ain't that the grandest idea. Good game though, enjoyed it. But no reason to do crit unless you're after 100%.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Wow, I see this comment and think "what a good opinion this stranger has" of course it was you smh. But yes, 0.2 crit is no fun. Who ever thought removing enemy drops was a good idea, just makes it more boring and forces you to use items to be able to do anything fun OH but wait you can't use items either haha only three per fight ain't that the grandest idea. Good game though, enjoyed it. But no reason to do crit unless you're after 100%.

Don't forget the fact that the items in the game are limited so the only thing you can REALLY do is use your MP up to replenish it afterwards. Not the best concept imo.

Soldier

Awards
You ladies are forgetting the true crime here, the fact that your MP bar is SEVERELY limited in critical mode, to the point you can only cast a maximum of 4 offensive spells, which hardly scratch the nightmare of a final boss. That plus the 1.5 boost in damage to every enemy makes for a very frustrating time.
I should know, platinuming this game was my hell for a few months, take it from me.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Someone give Voido and Soldier golden medals. You two said it all.
Voido is right about the "no fun" thing, this time the limitations are only frustrating. And if they are not, they WILL be at the post-game Phantom Aqua rush battle. Infernal. With the EXTREMELY limited items ('2-3 items of a kind in the entire game' cases) and an extremly inefficient Curaga spell that consumes the whole MP bar when cast once, Critical is no joke even at your illusionary level 70-80 by that time, when you look at the stats.

So, buddy, you are not missing anything. Not even any amount of extra fun.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The 3 item thing was so stupid. Nothing in the game even warns you about it (because there are so many menu options missing, like Items and Skills), so I kept dying at the last boss because I didn't understand why at some point I was prevented from using one of the 10 elixirs I had. It was actually Void who later explained to me what was going on, if I recall correctly. And all of this was before the Crit patch, too.
On top of Aqua's limitations you also have to deal with Wayfinder activating at whatever random astral conjunction and the ever-so-fun Devil bosses and their terrible patterns.
I actually don't mind Curaga consuming all my MP, KH II proved that's not necessarily an issue: it becomes one when I don't have any kind of skill or mean of speeding up the process.

I should know, platinuming this game was my hell for a few months, take it from me.

Considering the game doesn't have a platinum trophy, I can see how trying to plat it was hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back