• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fr@gm3n+5: Do You Find It Hard To Remember? [R3b00t] (00C & Sign Ups)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I just wanted to confirm whether or not he was still participating before I try to go off and recruit people lol. (I probably would've done this regardless)

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Working on a post, I've just got Sync's segment left. *which I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing with him ^^;;* So I'll see about having it up by the time the weekend's done. Also Lunar and Dream have both given me permission to power-play their characters that are interacting with Siam, just a heads up.

I'll also see about getting that answer from Light tomorrow, last time I'd talked to him he said he was kind of stressed out.

EDIT: Posted. Enjoy, and again Lunar and Dream gave me permission to control their characters. Sync's part I'm willing to admit was a cop-out.

Last edited:

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Sorry for my absence guys. Between last week and this one I've had like ZERO time to do much of anything. In any case, I SHOULD have a post up by Monday at the latest. Also, I'll address some pretty interesting points made by SH, and hopefully update the first page. Seeing as how we're getting closer and closer to the Game Memory, I'll also try to draw up some memories for those of you who need them >:]

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
I have to wonder if alcohol is allowed even though my collector is technically underaged lol. I never specified what he was drinking just to be on the safe side, figured I'd take a trip backwards to the Negative District and come back when we're in District 2.

Honestlyyyyy, R.E.M. probably wouldn't care if Rien was drinking real alcohol. Silver might tho haha. We're almost to District Two though!

So it kind of makes you wander, if you had to choose, which one would you go with? Stay in the game a keep your memories, or return to your life and surrender the memories from the Cycle, including the memories of the friends you made?

Alcohol is allowed.
That's the big question I was trying to pose with the RP, honestly. Every Fragment starts off essentially as a blank slate. The Game is a twisted reset button that they have to earn and fight for. What happens when you don't like who you were before? Does that make it easier to stay in your new life with your new friends? And then if you do, what if you don't like who you become then? Or do you want to go back to your old life, and forget all about what happened here?

Part of me really was intrigued at a lot of the metrics (ideas and parallels) this has to TWEWY and what is done towards the end of a cycle. I've got a really cool plot element that can potentially have massive impact going into the current cycle just based on where the survivors left off at.

The life memory is a nice starting point, Raito was killed after the 3rd district was nearly finished. Those memories themselves are very finite but our fragments can learn more than enough from those.

I chose not to put certain recurring characters from previous cycle specifically returning, Vandiken being one of them as it becomes a much larger part of my GRAFIGHT themed sub-plot pertaining to all my characters with those unorthadoxed AOL usernames.

Generally speaking I feel we should really talk about our fragment archetypes, specifically the ones in the OP that make claims of "having all of their memories" but have a hiccup in how they are received/remembered. I liked Jack-In-The-Box the most because it's like getting a chunky burst of information all at once and out of nowhere, but I'm kind of intimidated to take that to certain extremes. I want to be more precise and say that, once you i suppose interact with other memories? (Game, Life, etc) you have THOSE memories, and you'll get hiccups from there.

Consider this a...spiritual successor to TWEWY. It was definitely birthed from me playing that game. Specifically around Neku and Rhyme. I wanted to make a TWEWY where you weren't limited by Pins (and I really wanted a Graffiti Sword). The memories bits came from Neku and just using his price for everyone. But I wanted to vary it, so I made the central theme memories.

I'm a VERY big fan of using the past RPers characters as characters from a previous cycle in the game (such as Vandiken and Raito)

As far as the character archetypes go, when I first made this RP some half a decade ago or so, my first idea was that, for example, if you are an LQ, you essentially HAVE your memories, but you can't see them or understand them very well, and a Game Memory clears that up. But your idea...sounds...better?

What he said. Also if you really want to know, this battle technically already happened sometime during the last game cycle where Sync, and Rien become collectors after its end. It is really a spin-off could have happened or, what happened to Van and Rhys after everything ended, before the new game commenced.

I'm a huge fan of the thread, I've been keeping up with it. We could keep it as like a tie-in to describe what happened to certain people before this cycle. If we do, I have a really nice idea with that thread and a specific character.

I'll actually post his template for the role-play after we clear the first district. It's been ready for well over a month now lol.

Any word from KKL? It's almost April fam, I still haven't seen so much as an intro from my mans.

Yeah, forgot. He hmu a while back saying he was gonna get busy again so he didn't think he could commit to the RP rn. Which is cool. Although I did kind of wanna see Purgatory in action. If anything, I'll see if he wants to let me PP as Ren at least.

I think that wraps up my responses. I'll get to working on a post, so I'll have one up tonight (hopefully).

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I think with the archetypes, I was more or less asking for some guidance on how to handle it. Of my two fragments, neither has a blueprint of vividly remembering things like Shiro or Leonard as they're blanks, and IMO our two most valuable fragments rn for that very reason. When I used memory theft as Rien on Selene/Anna/Shiro the memories themselves were there, but they're repeated to the collector based on the type of frag. Or at least specifically for my collector (since he's a rookie) I'm sure the process is likely different for blaster, sync, silver, etc.

Truth this I really love this RP and I really do enjoy theory crafting and actually discussing the mechanics because the more I do, the less it feels like a spiritual successor to TWEWY and more and more of it's own story.

As far as Vandiken goes, i'll be the first to say he is a completely different person when Lim wrote using him as opposed to me that much is a fact. My goal was for Vandiken to be the strongest mentally and most collected and LESS eccentric of the group, but he ended up competing with Tavish as far as that goes.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
I think with the archetypes, I was more or less asking for some guidance on how to handle it. Of my two fragments, neither has a blueprint of vividly remembering things like Shiro or Leonard as they're blanks, and IMO our two most valuable fragments rn for that very reason. When I used memory theft as Rien on Selene/Anna/Shiro the memories themselves were there, but they're repeated to the collector based on the type of frag. Or at least specifically for my collector (since he's a rookie) I'm sure the process is likely different for blaster, sync, silver, etc.

Truth this I really love this RP and I really do enjoy theory crafting and actually discussing the mechanics because the more I do, the less it feels like a spiritual successor to TWEWY and more and more of it's own story.

As far as Vandiken goes, i'll be the first to say he is a completely different person when Lim wrote using him as opposed to me that much is a fact. My goal was for Vandiken to be the strongest mentally and most collected and LESS eccentric of the group, but he ended up competing with Tavish as far as that goes.

Do you think it's better if, for example the archetypes only come into play with the type of fragment? Like a Jack would still feel like they gain nothing upon getting a game memory, and then they'll remember it in the middle of battle or something? Or, adversely, getting a game memory clears up one memory super clear for them, but everything else is still messed up?

Agreed, I also like how the lore is building, especially from the past iterations of this RP and evolving it into it's own beast.

lmaoooo but of course. That sounds like Lim.

Posted. By the dubs.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
lol all my work on that post and you didn't even mention the crystal or bother mentioning its effects?? Too amusing...Jeanne healing Shiro is utterly and completely different from being affected by the giant mana crystal Topsy summoned. Did my post lack detail or....

The point was to throw a taste of what our powers might evolve into. xD your post was lacking there obviously, considering you barely did anything with the CAN. Did you like skim my post, or did you just feel it would be cooler to go ham on your own?? I was a bit lost.

Our/your loss I guess.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
lol all my work on that post and you didn't even mention the crystal or bother mentioning its effects?? Too amusing...Jeanne healing Shiro is utterly and completely different from being affected by the giant mana crystal Topsy summoned. Did my post lack detail or....

The point was to throw a taste of what our powers might evolve into. xD your post was lacking there obviously, considering you barely did anything with the CAN. Did you like skim my post, or did you just feel it would be cooler to go ham on your own?? I was a bit lost.

Our/your loss I guess.

Noooo, I don't think I just skimmed it. Although I did forget to mention the crystal, Shiro forsure was hit by the light from it, and I mentioned it invigorated him further (giving him more strength). And yeah, Shiro didn't do much, but that's okay, the fight isn't over yet :p

i'll definitely edit the crystal in tho

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Ah so you just missed it lol. Cool beans, I'll wait for Dar to post and then I'll whip somethin up. Lord knows what I'll do with Tavvy. I've been stuck in the lobby with Blaster for ages. He must've gotten scared and froze over lmao

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Topsy's summned Mana Crystal doesn't reach any of the floors. It actually doesn't cover the entire seventh floor either, I didn't post that it did...did I??

If you're feeling/witnessing the crystal's effects, you're in the arena room with the other fr@gs.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Topsy's summned Mana Crystal doesn't reach any of the floors. It actually doesn't cover the entire seventh floor either, I didn't post that it did...did I??

If you're feeling/witnessing the crystal's effects, you're in the arena room with the other fr@gs.

Lol no you didn't, you did a vague specification that those close to Rain could hear it but that was it. I thought that was the case, but I just wanted to make sure. So thank you for confirming it.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Do you think it's better if, for example the archetypes only come into play with the type of fragment? Like a Jack would still feel like they gain nothing upon getting a game memory, and then they'll remember it in the middle of battle or something? Or, adversely, getting a game memory clears up one memory super clear for them, but everything else is still messed up?

Actually having it explained to me now, it makes more sense that way. (your explanation) The reason I even asked was because of one of Dream's character's is specifically two archetypes of fragments. And she said, one is prevalent when experiencing a game memory, so I drew my own conclusion of that effective archetype being affected when remembering via a game memory, life memory, etc. If a game memory is supposed to be a form of relief for the specifics, (Pixel, CD, Headphones, Jack-In-The Box, etc) then that makes a lot more sense. I asked specifically because I've been meaning to write at least one or two example per districts, per fragment, but I wasn't sure how to handle it lol.

I need to send you a PM pretty soon, likely around the same time I write my next post. Btw Tav, are the effects of the crystal temporary or do they linger?

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
We missed you so much man, you have NO IDEA how much I losing it right now!! (OMG!)

Outro
[video=youtube;4xXLDA4Fk5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xXLDA4Fk5I[/video]

Vibrant Fervor

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
"Do You Remember Your Name? I can't seem to remember"

For Fragmented

Name: David Rosendor

Type of Fragmented:pixels

Personality: David is sincere to those around him and acts in a mature manner. He has a need to guard people from harms way(Life threating) even if he is hurt in the process and regardless the person. He is strong and will keep his word no matter what. David encourages people to never give up on their dream. He vows to protect one's dream no matter how impossible it might be. At times may go out of his way for others. Known as a "bleeding heart".

Appearance: David has hazel eyes, brown spiky needle like hair, and peach color skin. He is about 5’-8” tall. He sports a white short sleeved shirt with a blue vest. His pants are blue with four white strips on each pant leg. There appears to be one button on each of his shirt shoulders. he wears white slip on shoes with blue cress-cross stripes.

Stickers/Tattoos: David's style of fighting is flexible magic focusing on supporting through buffing, debuffing, healing, damage mitigation, damage, stance dancing, augmentation, and conjuration. The types of stickers that David may use are very complex to others.Just any plain old sticker won't do for him. The types of sticker may vary. It makes them less desirable, lessening the likelihood of pilferage. A Parent Sticker is a sticker that needs to be equipped to serve as a medium to draw out new powers. An utility sticker is a sticker that needs a parent sticker to function to provide it a new power. Aspected Stickers, depending on the stance activated, may give a sticker a new effect in place of another. More later.

Astro Globe [WU]: A Parent type sticker. This sticker appears purple and has a silver orb surrounded by yellow moons, blue planets, and orange stars. David conjures a floating orb with rotating rings, a deck of cards, and celestial bodies orbiting it. When attacking, David sends a beam of light toward a foe. Through natural development and constant usage, this sticker's potency does get stronger over time. Unlike other weapon based stickers, the Astro Globe can draw out new abilities through a special type of sticker called an Utility Sticker.

(Locked) Stellefic [MC]: A Utility type sticker. This sticker appears gray with a golden hand holding six white cards and six black cards spread out. While equipped with the Astro Globe Sticker, David may draw cards from a divination deck to bestow either a buff or debuff to a person of his choice for 60 seconds.

Buffs
Each of the cards are blue with a white picture of the symbols listed below.
*Shield: Protective shell surrounds a target, providing 50% damage mitigation.
*Sword: Doubles the potency of Damage based Stickers/Tattoos
*Clock: Speeds up actions
*Staff: Doubles the potency of Healing/Buff/DeBuff based Stickers/Tattoos
*Bottle: Lessens fatigue by 50% from Sticker/Tattoo usage
*Fruit: Provides a heal over time effect to restore stamina and wounds.

Debuffs
Each of the cards are black with a red picture of the symbols listed below.
*Shield: Target takes double damage.
*Sword: Weakens potency of Damage based Stickers/Tattoos by half
*Clock: Hinders the speed of actions
*Staff: Lessens potency of Healing/Buff/DeBuff based Stickers/Tattoos by half
*Bottle: Doubles fatigue from Sticker/Tattoo usage
*Fruit: Provides a damage over time effect to delay stamina and wound recovery.
{If the Astro Globe Sticker is not equipped, then this sticker will not function. Once a Tattoo, no longer will be the case}

(Locked)Dome [AU]: An Aspected type sticker. This sticker appears pink with a prismatic sphere glittered with sparkles. This ability allows David to create a 50ft bubble enclosing targets. Within the bubble, David may conjure up one being from his imagination to fight for him. As this sticker grows in power, can be used in different stances for alternate effects. (More to come)

(1st Being) Purg A Tory: A cybernetic entity who can morph his body into liquid metal and channel electricity. Uses a combo of chains and lightning to paralyze, stun, restrain, and shock enemies.

Bio: David has had a hard life up til now. Due to abuse and neglect, he was forced to move from foster home to foster home. The one thing that kept him from giving up was his imagination. He loved to draw and come up with interesting stories and creatures. At times he wished he lived in a particular video game or tv show. He day dreamed alot and took an interest in dream control and lucid dreams as that was the closed he could get to living in any world he could imagine. This is what led him to Enix City in the first place but without knowing the consequences.

Other: Many of his powers are drawn/inspired/taken from Final Fantasy XIV's Astrologian Job. For Stellefic, I'll roll a four sided die to determine if I use Buffs (1/3) or Debuffs (2/4). Afterwards, I will six sided dice to determine the effect. 1=Shield, 2=Sword, 3=Clock, 4=Staff, 5=Bottle, and 6=Fruit.

Why Do You Decide to Participate?: He thinks he's having a lucid dream so he wants to have a bit of fun helping others.

Last edited:

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Cool! Nice to have you man! I think David is awesome, his ability is really something unique. (also 5'8 for 13?! Sheesh that's tall. Even though I think I might've been around there at 14).

I was gonna reply to your PM but the system wouldn't let me. Sorry for the lag on getting back to you though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back