• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Four years and counting

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Wow.

I just looked at my profile, and realized that today is four years since I first joined this site.

It's just. . . wow. (sorry for the nostalgia that's about to hit)

When I joined this site, I wasn't even in high school. I hadn't thought about what college I wanted to go to, or what I wanted to do with my life. I've done so many things today that the fourteen year old I was never would have dreamed of, and probably wouldn't have condoned. I've just grown as a human being, and I'm not sure if KHI has been a large part of that, but it has definitely been with me every step of the way.

It's just weird to think about all of the people I've known through this site, and how much impact a lot of them have had on my life. I live deep in the heart of Republican Texas (the university that is in my town is one of the most [if not the most] conservative campuses in the states), and I would say that I'm split down the middle on most issues. Which is astonishing, considering I had more than one person tell me that the 9/11 mosque was a threat to national security (sigh). You guys have helped me see different cultures, and I've been able to talk with people I never would have met without this site (a certain few aussies come to mind, as well as a few yankees). I've grown to be a part of this community, some of you guys are like distant relatives. I know that Gavin's successful surgery has been the high point of my year; events like that are why I love this place so much.

"Once you join, you never leave" has been something I've heard quite a bit, and to tell you the truth, I hope it's true. I enjoy this website, and the only reason I would leave would be if I no longer found it interesting. And in my mind, that would really, really suck.

But yeah, I guess a few shoutouts are due. If I leave you off of the list, I'm sorry. It's late and I'm doing this on a whim. Actually, I'll probably just group everyone so I can include as many people as possible.

Organization XV: You guys are all pretty fucking awesome. I pretty much made a shoutout to you guys in the RP friend thread, but seriously, this group probably constitutes some of my closest friends. You're all great, and you better hit me up if you're ever in Texas.

#junes: Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to be in the chat room recently. But you guys have been great, and way more accepting than people give you credit for. I just hopped in, and you guys took it in stride. It's just crazy, and I feel pretty cool to have been in some of those conversations with you guys. Also, it's allowed me to be in on most of the site pranks, especially Brokage's "the virus is my fault" jest. God, good shit.

Exiled: And when I say this, I mean the original crew from back in the day. I'm always sad when I'm reminded that no cohesive story will come out of all of that work, but the community we shared was awesome. The reason I joined this site, actually, and for that I'm forever thankful.

WELL I WAS GONNA MAKE A VIDEO, BUT MY AUDIO KEEPS CUTTING OUT. IT'S KINDA FUNNY, BECAUSE MY VOICE SLOWS DOWN AT PARTS, BUT SERIOUSLY.

I'll try to get a vid up sometime, I've been meaning to do it for awhile. But yeah, I feel like an oldfag, and I've seen a lot change. Hopefully, I'll be able to grow older with this site, and see even more.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
So cheesy, but I understand the feeling. I visit this site more than I'd like to admit, but I dont feel connected to this place that much. Mainly cause I dont know anyone.

However, I am part of another forum where I feel the same way you (and others) feel about this place. Been a part of it since 2004, with 14,000+ posts and counting lol. In that much time, you can really get close to people you're not ever going to meet. It's a weird experience.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
This is cute :3 congrats!

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Happy Birthday Aslan Happy Birthday

And no, you never leave. The KHI Sentience always pulls those astray by their soulstrings, in order to have more sarcasm and blatant wit to feed upon. Always.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow! Congratulations! It is nice to see people still have a love of this site and hold precious memories from it :D (and Gavin's successful surgery is a highlight of many people's year~)

Rix

:)
Awards
Congrats :D

Stick around for some more years :D

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
So thats where you went. haha I thought that you'd left. I'v been on this site or 5 years and thought of doing something like this but just couldn't be bothered.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
Congrats, Rich-Kun :3

It feels nice to see people have a lot of love and appreciation to this site <3. Hope you find it more fun on here in the upcoming years ;D

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
You joined only just a month or so before I did. Hooray for 4 years of your life wasted!

But no seriously bro, congrats. It's been nice to have you around and I hope you'll continue to find time for us.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Now I miss homo-Rich ;3;

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
You have quite the memory there, buddy. You even remembered us Exiled folk, aka the most dysfunctional family ever. I enjoyed our time together in that group and you actually stuck with it to the bitter end. You're made of tough stuff, dude.

Anywho, congrats on making it to year 4. That's like 60 in KHI years. So, that's a real accomplishment. At this point, KHI has been encoded within your DNA. You couldn't leave even if you wanted to.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
You joined only just a month or so before I did. Hooray for 4 years of your life wasted!

But no seriously bro, congrats. It's been nice to have you around and I hope you'll continue to find time for us.

yeah man our time is coming too....

Congratulations, I suppose. Let's try and double that!!

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Wow, I'm only approaching my second year mark. There are a lot of people like you on this site though, the vets who've made ao many friends that they could consider to be truly your friend, not just someone you RP with or something. I think that's nice.

Congratulations!

Last edited:
O

Oberon

I can very much relate to the way you feel. On another forum I staffed I really got to know everyone and it's weird how you can really become part of a tight knit family. But at the same time it's a great thing. :)

Congrats mate. :)

Devious

Well, well, well if it isn't Lionheart reviewing his past four years. Funny how I decided to hop on and the first thing I see is this thread. It's been two years since I've been on and I'm glad to see that you're still active and still enjoying this board.

Back