• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Four Day School Week?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
I'd like it, but if my area ever decides to do it, it'll probably be after I graduate, so it wouldn't effect me. ¬_¬

I'd gladly sacrifice an hour and a half each day for a 3-day weekend every week.

Oh, and the main benifit of this is that they'll save a MILLIONS of dollars on gas by not running the school buses for just one day.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I like the idea actually everyone at my school does but no one has the guts to go tell someone about it if that did happen school buses would save gas people parents would save gas cause some kids ask their mom to tak them to school but anyway Friday is basically considered part of the weekend but yeah like Madness said if this does happen after we and even maybe the 4th graders of this year graduate

T

TheTerrorofDeath

I would completely love that. Lots of school and alot of breaks or should I say a long one, but yeah I wish they would do that.

Oh, just hanging out with Demy - HEY GET BACK HERE
I also find the idea of an extra day very appealing, and yeah, they save a ton on gas too. But there are a few things I'm worried about....

*Working parents with young kids would now have ot spend quite a bit of money to send said kids to daycare.

*To make up for lost time, there may be more homework, or more homework over the weekends.

*Some kids (like me) are the last stops on the school bus, so I'd get home about 5:30- 6:00 instead of 4:15.

*To squeeze in extra time, we might have to get up eariler X_x

Personally, i like it. But im already in school 7 hours thats like 8 and 1/2 hours if mi county did that!! @.@ thats alot of school. So, i guess i have different feelings about it.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
Winged Mirage said:
I also find the idea of an extra day very appealing, and yeah, they save a ton on gas too. But there are a few things I'm worried about....

*Working parents with young kids would now have ot spend quite a bit of money to send said kids to daycare.

*To make up for lost time, there may be more homework, or more homework over the weekends.

*Some kids (like me) are the last stops on the school bus, so I'd get home about 5:30- 6:00 instead of 4:15.

*To squeeze in extra time, we might have to get up eariler X_x

i'm no expert at american schools, but over here in australia, there wouldn't be any lost time, as each class goes for 45 minutes (90 minutes extra X 3, = 6 classes, so equal time to the time we would normally loose/full day of school), so theres not neccessary gonna be an increase in homework, but i doubt such a thing would happen in australia anyway

Last edited:

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
No, bad idea.

I do believe, however, that school should be cut one day for third years and up.

Third years have got it bad - and the years that follow just get harder and harder.

I'm in fourth year, and this is the only year I've been practically begging for an extra day off. Trully.

(By fourth year, over here it means your fourth year of high school, like, grade 11/12 for you or something, I don't know.)

But the years before that - no. You need 5 days to fit in all the subjects you have. You need the 5 days, or you wouldn't learn enough. You don't need an extra day off, I've been through it all, a 5 day week at that low a grade is a doddle and a half.

Angel X

Orally Fixated.
Well, in my opinion, as good as it sounds, it's not such a good idea. I'm sure it's a fact that around 79% or students dislike school and wishes for this to happen, but in reality, we'd be better off having 5 days a week school days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back