• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Forum Disputes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MF29

Hello

I've had my fair share of lessons on forums, learning that you can't bash a person without backing up your statement.

What do you people do when you post and someone quotes that post and makes a disrespectful comment to it? For example:

You:

I think Tekken is actually one of the best fighting games out there.

Some other fellow:

You said:
You:

I think Tekken is actually one of the best fighting games out there.

That's a load of crud, Tekken's fighting system is complete trash, and if you think it's the best fighting game, check Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter, I hate anyone who says that Tekken is a good fighting game, you suck.

Lately, around different forums, I have been getting some opposing statements, but I often ignore them and act as if they were never posted. How do you people feel about arguing with another in forum? Does it make yourself any lesser of a person, or rather, less mature than others? Because I feel that way.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
It makes me feel like people aren't even trying to understand each other.

Or, of course you could just not take it seriously, which is what I try to do most of the time.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Meh, some people can't accept that not everyone thinks like them.

So, don't worry about.

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
I just ignore it, and most times, quit posting in that thread altogether.

But if I do get into an argument, no, I don't feel like any less of a person, b/c I'm standing behind my opinion. But I make sure that I don't try to force my opinion on others, because then yea it'd be stupid imo.

Meh, some people can't accept that not everyone thinks like them.

So, don't worry about.

this

MF29

If I am arguing with another and the other person is clearly correct, do I admit defeat, or do I never respond?

I mean, if you were completely owned, and you know it.

It's like a needle in my side that refuses to come out, when in a forum, I get owned and I know it, and there's nothing I can say to make it any less humiliating.

It may just be a personal debacle...

C

Charlie

Aren't you 19?
If that's the case, then you should be well aware of how nasty the world can actually be. With those freedoms expanded online, why would you expect any different on a forum? A good portion of us are happily sadistic. This goes for all forum attitudes in general. If you don't like it - ignore it, or leave.

The staff's much, much more lenient.
You need to learn to accept that people aren't going to always play nice with you.
You state your opinion? It gets broken down..shame.
You get over it, you smile a few minutes later, and you post somewhere else that grabs your attention.

/End of story.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
People have differant opinions, that's how discussion works

This..

Though.. some people could learn to be less of an ass, but oh well, I guess that's how life works. If everybody agreed, then this world would be a boring place imo..

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
If I am arguing with another and the other person is clearly correct, do I admit defeat, or do I never respond?

I mean, if you were completely owned, and you know it.

It's like a needle in my side that refuses to come out, when in a forum, I get owned and I know it, and there's nothing I can say to make it any less humiliating.

Then it seems it'd be best for you not to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back