• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Forspoken - Anyone playing it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
Has anyone bought it? What are your opinions about it?
I am really hesitant towards it because the price is quite expensive and from what I have seen, it is a good open world but with very dated mechanics.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm up to chapter 4, 3 and a half hours in. I'm really enjoying it, it's a slow start with control not really kicking in until mid-chapter 3.

I'm really enjoying Frey's character, and her interactions with Cuff are fun. I love the magical parkour, and after tinkering with some settings the gameplay is really fun.

I'm keen to see where the rest of the story goes. The mystery intrigues me and I hope it has a satisfying conclusion.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't plan on playing it anytime soon personally. PS5 games are getting rather expensive, so the only game I'm gonna be getting in full price is likely FF16. I'll probably get Forspoken on sale.

That being said, the hate for the game seems incredibly overblown.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I don't plan on playing it anytime soon personally.
What Buffer said. According to most reviews, the game is just mediocre. Not many are spending good money on mediocre games these days.

From Luminous' PR, seems like the studio is merging back with Square Enix, which is good and bad. Good because it will shift talent to other projects. Bad because some assets will be cut or canned.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The DLC is out this week and I'm guessing, outside of the odd patch, that'll be it for Forspoken which is a real shame. This series had so much potential and I have no idea what took it down.

Back