• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Format Convert Trick

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackWingedPunk

Well, I have discovered a File Format Converting Trick. Here it goes. Go to My Documents. Click Tools, Folders Options. View . Now you will have a list of Options. Uncheck the ''Hide Extensions For Known File Types''. Now go to your Music or Video file. Right click the file and then click properties. You will have 2 options one is called general and the other is called summary. Choose general and you will find the title of the file, right next to it is the format. All you have to do is change the format and click ok. For exampleyour file is WAV format delete it and type mp3 .That should do the trick.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
BlackWingedPunk said:
Well, I have discovered a File Format Converting Trick. Here it goes. Go to My Documents. Click Tools, Folders Options. View . Now you will have a list of Options. Uncheck the ''Hide Extensions For Known File Types''. Now go to your Music or Video file. Right click the file and then click properties. You will have 2 options one is called general and the other is called summary. Choose general and you will find the title of the file, right next to it is the format. All you have to do is change the format and click ok. For exampleyour file is WAV format delete it and type mp3 .That should do the trick.

Actually, that really does nothing.

It might *seem* like a 'cool' trick, but it's nothing.
All you are doing is changing the file from 'exampleyour.wav' into 'exampleyour.mp3.wav' which is why it still plays. If you were to change it to 'exampleyour.mp3' instead, you should get somekind of 'corrupted' file error.

Another thing is this: why would you WANT to do it this way?
A properly done mp3 file is highly compressed.
During conversion, any audio HIGHER and LOWER than a normal human's hearing range is removed. Because that data nolonger has to be stored, there is much less of it. Meaning smaller files at a higher quality, because it can focus on the important part.. the part that we CAN hear.

If you use WMP, it can probably still play the file.. but you won't get it to play in an mp3 player. (Unless the player also supports stuff like *.wav, *.ogg, *.wma.)

I kept getting errors trying to get such a file to work with 'Creative Music Player'.. e.e
Meaning that it doesn't technically work.

You should use a program to convert the files. I love my creative music software.. ^.^

~~Azurith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back