• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Forever Entertainment to make multiple remakes of Square games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The management of Forever Entertainment S. A. _FE_ hereby announces that a material agreement has been entered into between FE and Square Enix Japan _Square Enix Co., Ltd._. from Japan.

The purpose of the contract is to create and release several game remakes based on one IP owned by Square Enix Japan. The name of this IP will be made public in a separate report once the global marketing campaign begins.

Remakes of all games will feature the new visuals, but the gameplay and scenario will remain the same as the original version. Exact release dates for all games will be reported in separate ongoing reports.

For its participation in the project, FE will receive a significant portion of the revenue _more than 50% _ from each game sold on all platforms.

Acquiring classic IPs and creating new productions or remakes on their basis is one of the important directions of the Company's development, the effectiveness of which has been confirmed by the success of Panzer Dragoon: Remake. The company will cover the costs related to the implementation of the above agreement from its own funds.
Personally I hope this doesn't distract them from remaking Panzer Dragoon Saga. That game needs to see the light of day again.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Remakes of all games will feature the new visuals, but the gameplay and scenario will remain the same as the original version. Exact release dates for all games will be reported in separate ongoing reports.

So are they from-scrach remakes or remasters?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
So are they from-scrach remakes or remasters?
It's going to be Crash N-Sane Trilogy/ Spyro Reignited Trilogy treatment. A remake being treated like an enhancer remaster.

I don't think it's going to be a valuable title to Square Enix if it's a game that's been outsourced with Forever Entertainment having a good share of the profits.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I hope FFVIII and IX at least will be games that will receive this treatment of the FF series, since it seems to be referring to non-FF games as well--perhaps Chrono Trigger? I'm glad nothing other than the graphics (and I assume added voice acting?) will be changed.

EDIT: Or maybe it will be FF-only? It says these remakes will be based on one IP and that IP will be revealed later.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m imagining the Chrono games or possibly FFVI — legacy games that clearly need some love and attention for which a simple remaster won’t do. Or Paradise Eve? Very curious!

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Probably Chrono Trigger/Cross, Super Mario RPG, etc. Games Square don't want to actually give the light of day themselves.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
This news is super interesting, and I'm also curious what they will be. I like that they're going for 1:1 remakes, it makes me excited to imagine something like Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross getting the Crash N. Sane/Demon's Souls treatment on modern devices. Can't wait to find out what the IP is.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Forever Entertainment is gunna need a lot of baby-sitting judging from their games portfolio

Back