• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Forever Branded by Fire

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, just hanging out with Demy - HEY GET BACK HERE
Takuya: Hey, it's my job (pats Krazy on the back) I mean, if you can't act, you get fired o_O

Koji: Too bad your stupidity isn't an act <_<

Takuya: What was that?!

(Both get into big brawl)

Me: As you can see, he feels fine...-_-

Data Set 7: The Quiet Things No One Ever Knows

It took him a few moments to notice that he was no longer the only being in this isolated spot.

"Zoe?" he murmured, lifting his head up a little.

"Takuya! What's going on?!" the blonde shouted, rushing over to him. "What's happening to you?!"

The brunette with the baseball cap gave her a somewhat dumbfounded look.

"Ain't it obvious?" he asked. "I'm digivolving."

"Huh?' Zoe responded, her emerald eyes widening.

It wasn't like the idea of him digivolving was perposterious; after all, they had all done it many times in the Digital World. If they weren't able to digivolve, then they would have never made it back to see the real world.

But....this was different. When they digivolved before, they were instantly wrapped in a cocoon of data and were transformed in a matter of seconds. Sure, there was some pain involved when being changed from human to Digimon, but nothing excruciating. Here, though, not only was there no brief shift between DNA and data, but he was clearly suffering from it.

And there was another issue involved.

"How could you being digivolving without your spirit?!" she exclaimed.

"It's a long story..." Takuya answered, smirking slightly.

"...Takuya, you didn't do something to yourself so you could fight that Agumon, did you?" Zoe growled.

"This has nothing to do with that stupid Agumon!" Takuya snapped, sitting up so he could glare at her. "I don't want to digivolve, dammit!"

Zoe was taken aback by his sudden harshness. "But...why don't you want to digivolve? You can just change back, right?"

The baseball-capped boy brought his knees to his chest and began quivering slightly.

"Zoe, this isn't like the Spirit evolutions,' he began, almost in a whisper. "I have no idea what I'm gonna turn into. I dunno if it's gonna be good, bad or what. All that I'm sure of is that it won't be Agunimon or anything else I've digivolved into before."

"What makes you so sure that it's gonna be different?' the blonde asked, though she already had a fair idea of what he was gonna say.

"It's feels different than Spirit Evolution," Takuya replied. "And..I don't have the Spirit of Flame anymore, so it couldn't be that, right?"

"Well-"

"Besides," Takuya interrupted, drawing his knees closer. "I don't think I'm gonna be able to change back."

And after a month.......X_x.

Well, it's a major plot point, so it's nice and long, so there! XP

I think GoH would be quite interested in analyzing how this Takuya thinks...heh..

"I couldn't lean on you guys," Takuya answered. "All of you have so many problems already, I mean with Kouichi's mom wanting to move, that car accident with Tommy's mom, JP's parents trying to find jobs, and your aunt being so sick. You don't need my problems right now."

"But Takuya-"

"Look, it's not that I can't count on you guys. It's just..." the purple-capped boy began. "Everyone's been under so much stress lately. Don't try to tell me that you're not. Compared to what you've guys been going through, this is nothing."

"Don't try to tell that this is nothing!"

"I've been the one cheering you guys up, so you can forget about your problems," Takuya continued, ignoring Zoe. There was a small smile on his face. "It makes me feel better too, seeing you guys smile. A friend isn't supposed to bury their friends in problems; a friend supports them so that they can get through those problems."

"Takuya..."

"I was such a weakling, before I went to the Digital World. That place showed me just how much of a burden I was on people, and it made me stronger. When I got back, I made sure to do everything perfectly, because I realized how many people were counting on me. My parents wanted me to do well in grades as well as in soccer, I needed to be a good rolemodel for my brother, and of course the stronger and smarter I am, the more I could help you guys."

The blonde remained silent.

"So I can't break now...I can never break. Too many people are counting on me."

A sickening knot was tying itself in Zoe's stomach. Now that she looked back, how could she have not noticed it? There were so many times when Takuya's laugh seemed just a bit off, or when his smile wasn't quite as happy as it should've been. She had seen it coming, and yet she was so easily distracted from it because she was too busy laughing at one of Takuya's dumb jokes to inverstigate it further. Those dumb jokes created for the sole purpose of masking his suffering.

How many times had she leaned on him for moral support, whether she needed it or not? How many times had she seen his brown eyes seem so sorrowful? How many times had he been pushing himself far too hard, either by jogging well into the evening or studying until 12 o'clock almost every night?

Too many times too many.

And more importantly, how long has this been going on?

"Takuya..." she began, placing her hand onto Takuya's shoulder. "You do realize that it's okay to ask for help when you need it, don't you?'

"Not it's not!" he snapped, pushing her hand away. "Look, there were plenty of times when I was in way over my head, when I thought I couldn't do it, but in the end I had faith in myself and did it anyway. This was my mistake, and I'll be the one to fix it!"

"What mistake?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't give me that!"

"I said nothing!" Takuya hissed. "It's nothing for you to be concerned about."

"Yes it is!"

"No it's not!"

"Just tell me!"

"No!"

"Why not?' Zoe asked, crossing her arms. "If you tell me what you screwed up on, then maybe we can find a way to stop you from digivolving!"

"It's not that simple..." Takuya responded.

"Look, just tell me what happened,' Zoe replied, quieter. "Whatever it was, I'm sure it wasn't nearly as stupid as that plan you had when we were on the Digital World's moons."

"Define stupid,' Takuya answered, smiling a little. "If you're talking dumb stupid, then yeah, that's the stupidest thing I've ever done."

But if you're going traitorous stupid...

Zoe groaned inwardly. Why was he still wearing that stupid smile? It wasn't like he was fooling anyone at this point.

Takuya suddenly flinched.

"What is it?!" exclaimed Zoe.

Then she noticed that there were staticy lines running up and down his body, making him look like a flickering image on a TV screen with bad reception.

"Sorry, I-I gotta get outta here,' Takuya stated, somehow getting back on his feet.

Before Zoe could utter a word, the brunette had dashed ever deeper into the woods and out of sight.

"Takuya!" Zoe cried, also running into the thicker woods. "Wait!"

As much fun it is to read you beat up Zoe and glomp Takuya, can you please leave valid comments on the story itself please (and not just Takuya torture either). You can do what you like with the chars, but I do want some feedback too.

I don't mean to be rude. I'm just saying that I want to know your opinion outside of bishie feelings.

Thank you

Sorry bout eariler, Krazy. I was feeling cranky.

I'm changing the POV for a bit. Some necessary details need to be mentioned.

Data Set 8: Gamin

"Boarmon, I'm hungry."

"We can eat once we find that rogue Agumon," the flaming pig growled, ignoring Doggymon's whimpering.

Boarmon had been in a foul mood these past few days, and for good reason. That pesky little Rookie dinosaur was proven far harder to find than expected. They may have had great noses, but the city has all kinds of interesting odors too; trash, roadkill, smog, hairspray...Perfect for wreaking a scent trail. It didn't help that there were all kinds of crevices that even a miniature T-Rex could slip into. Sadly, flaming pigs proved hard to hide than dinosaurs, and Doggymon's attention span was too short for him to investigate on his own.

Right then they were poking through the park again, seeing if there were any new Agumon scents. Quite convienently, Boarmon's fire did not affect the plants around him. The flames being part of his body, he could choose what he wanted to burn and what he didn't. He was sniffing at a berry bush when he heard his yellow companion start to growl.

"What is it Doggymon?"

The canine's beady eyes were fixed on an object a few feet away. It appeared to be moving towards them. It was quite small in size, and it seemed to be trying to avoid them.

Doggymon charged at full speed and pounced the the figure, slamming him into the ground.

"Ow! Doggymon!" protested Tommy, the youngest of the group now pinned. "What was that for?!"

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" cried out Doggymon, immediately jumping off of him, and helping him up.

"Tommy! Are you allright?!" called out Boarmon, running over to the scene.

"Yeah..." the short brunette answered, dusting himself off. "He's just surprised me, that's all."

Tommy turned to Doggymon, who was still saying "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" in rapid sucession.

"It's okay, Doggymon," Tommy assured, patting the golden canine on th head. "At least you didn't bite me."

"Have you seen anything suspicious?' asked the living barbeque.

"No, not really," Tommy replied, shaking his head a little. "Though Takuya's been acting kinda funny lately...but then again, he is Takuya. He's always acting weird."

"I see..." Boarmon responded. 'We haven't made much progress either."

"Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find it soon enough," the boy with the mushroom hat remarked. "C'mon, you guys have been out here all day looking for him. Let's get something to eat."

"I don't think-"

"Pepper Breath!"

A ball of orange fire shot out of the bushes, and crashed into Doggymon. The yellow dog yelped in pain.

"Doggymon!" both exclaimed.

With the dry leaves and twigs crunching beneath his feet, emerald eyes blazing, came a small orange dinosaur, snarling.

"Well, it's about time," Boarmon growled, the flames on his body growing in size and strength and wrapping him in a cocoon of shimmering heat. "Time to purify your data."

The Agumon roared and lunged toward Boarmon.

Meh, not that great. Didn't get as far as I planned to. Oh well. Should get more interesting next chappy.

Krazy

Jabberwocky
It's ok, WM. I understand. After a hard-worked chappy, people blurt out "Awesome chappy. Update." I DON'T CARE HOW AWESOME IT WAS!! I WANT SOME DAMN CRITIQUE!! BUT SPELLED RIGHT!

*ahem*

...I saw a grammar mistake, and awesome update. xD;

I see. Thanks. I'll correct that mistake later...if I feel like it XP

Anyways, (releases DM from jam jar) moving on...

The flaming pig leapt out of the way, causing the Agumon to skid across the ground, leaving long claw marks on the green grass. He spun around and snarled.

"Pepper Breath!"

Another ball of flame erupted from his mouth. It crashed right into Boarmon's face, but all he in response did was shake his head a little.

"What makes you think you're puny little embers can hurt me?" the living barbeque announced proudly.

Several small orange beads of fire formed in and around his mouth, almost pouring out of it.

"Bullet Attack!"

With a harsh breath the beads of fire were launched onto the Agumon, each one exploding on contact.

"Rargh!"

"Ultra Bite!"

The rogue dinosaur snapped his head up just in time to see Doggymon about to land right on top of him, jaws poised like a bear trap. The pose showed off shiny, saber-like teeth.

The Agumon fired another attack, but this time the comical dog evaded the attack and landed right on top of the miniature dinosaur. The golden canine sunk his teeth deep into the Agumon's right shoulder.

The Digimon screeched with pain, thrashing underneath the dog Digimon. The area in which Doggymon was biting him had a fuzzy appareance to it, like a malfunctioning television set. Already many data particles were disengaging from the shoulder, and being absorbed by the golden dog. The Champion canine's weight prevented him from escaping, however and his jaws only tightened on the Agumon's shoulder. Even as the claws slashed at his face, causing a few data particles to detach from Doggymon, he retained his grip on his prey. A steady rumbling was emitted from the canine's throat.

"That's it, Doggymon! You've got him!" Boarmon cheered.

"Whoa..." Tommy murmured. "Go Doggymon..."

As the child with the mushroom-shaped hat watched as the Agumon flailed below the golden canine, a pit began to form in his stomach.

This was a good thing, wasn't it? There was obviously something wrong with this Agumon, since it didn't even speak. All it wanted to do was hurt others. So it was best that he should be put down, so the rebirth system could purify him, and he could be a normal Agumon...

But just witnessing the scene chilled him. Why should it though? He'd killed evil Digimon before. All of them had. They'd even killed them in gruesome ways sometimes. They had seen others kill them in gruesome ways. So why should this one Digimon' death bother him so much?

It was because this was Neemon.

No, it wasn't Neemon. Perhaps that was it. He'd always assumed that Neemon would always be the same; stupid, but innocent. When Neemon came back as Doggymon, he acted the same, so he just assumed he was the same.

But...

The Agumon was now biting at the yellow dog. He didn't seem to notice. All he seemed to care about was finishing off this opponent, and gaining his data.

He's not the same.

He may have been similar to before. He may have remembered them, and was just as happy to see them as before, but he was not like before. He was different now.

This wasn't innocent, helpless Neemon anymore. This was a formidable Digimon now, able to not only fight his enemies, but kill them as well. He craved the power that came from absorbing another Digimon's data, as many strong Digimon do, which drove his want, and need, for battle. He could protect them now, just as they had protected him and Bokomon, before he was Boarmon.

But...

The Agumon broke free briefly, but Doggymon pounced on it and bit into his leg, his throat growling and...his tail wagging?

Tommy wasn't sure if he liked this new Neemon, the Doggymon. He was strong now, and useful, unlike before. And they needed guardians, now that they didn't have the spirits of the Legendary Warriors. He should be grateful really. Only, now he was scared, scared of his own protector.

Had he been like that, when he had killed an opponent? He always thought of him and the others as noble heroes, who only killed when necessary, without any questions asked. But was he, and the others, for that matter, really being heroic, or were they partially succumbing to the lust for battle, the lust to stand above others and be mighty, the lust to kill the ones who stood in their way?

It would make sense, if they did. Zoe always wanted friends, and many people would want to be her friend if she was a hero. JP was always ignored, so being able to show off his power would automatically get anyone's attention. Kouichi felt helpless to control his life, so having the power of a Legendary Warrior gave him a chance to beat down anything that tried to set his life off course. Koji didn't want to trust anyone because he was afraid of being hurt, but being able to cloak himself in another form would've helped him be more comfortable talking to others, like wearing a mask to a party. And Takuya...now that he thought of it, he didn't know that much about Takuya, but he always struck him as someone who always wanted to be that superhero they saw on TV. As for himself...

Of course he would take advantage of it. He was a small, weak little kid, who always got picked on at school. He didn't really have any friends, he cried a lot, and was even harassed at home by his older brother. So to be given the chance to become a Digimon, and to be able to raise hell for anyone who had done him wrong...of course he liked it.

Of course, they was always the advantage of being able to blow off steam by crushing something with your own power. To know that you aren't on the bottom, that there's someone you're superior to, that you didn't have to cower at every stranger for fear of being scorned...that was an incrediably satisfying feeling.

Yeah, he had taken advantage of his powers before; they all had. When that Trailmon, a train Digimon used for transportation, wouldn't cooperate with them after he, Zoe, and JP had washed it, they had digivolved in their Beast forms and threatened to beat him up. It worked of course, and it had felt good after all that trouble the Trailmon had caused them,

But...that hadn't been necessary. Not at all. It was a tactic often used by Digimon, evil or just fed up. In a world where battle was the lifeblood, it was rarely questioned unless the levels between Digimon were significantly unbalanced. But they weren't Digimon; they were human. But regardless of that, they had adopted this practice without realizing it. They began thinking like Digimon, without realizing it. They may have been a point where they had forgetten they were really human.

It wasn't quite like they had thought they had lived in the Digital World all their lives. It was more like, without any other humans around, the word 'human' lost its meaning. 'Human' meant that lower form they took when they weren't battling. 'Human' became known as a relaxed mode, not that they had become organisms of different creation altogether. They were kids, and kids took on the behaviors of the ones around them. They were no humans there, only Digimon, and after a while they accepted them as their peers, and took on their behaviors without noticing it.

He shuddered. Watching the scene, and looking back, it made him very glad that his Digimon Spirit was gone. With its separation from him, and spending time in the real world, he had regained his humanity without ever knowing he had lost it. He had been dedigivolved, and his formal personality had more or less returned.

But would it be the same, if Doggymon was dedigivolved? Would he truely completely revert to his original personality? Or would it be like him, where there were still pieces of him that had been transfigured into something else entirely, and may never change back? He felt those areas inside of him, where he didn't look at things from a child perspective anymore. Many would say that the experience matured him, and that was true. It was just he had trouble telling if he was looking at something from an older person's perspective, or from a Digimon's.

And what about Boarmon? How much had he changed? As far as he could tell, he had gained some pride, but nothing more. But he thought that Doggymon...

His spiraling musings were torn away by a terrified squeal.

Snapping back to attention, what he saw horrified him.

The Agumon's body was glowing with a yellow light, and quickly expanding. It soon outgrew Doggymon, who was still gnawing at the Digimon. The body was twisting itself into another shape.

Digivolving.

It had almost reached above the trees before it stopped. As the yellow light faded, a new Digimon was revealed. It was still a T-Rex, only this was a full-size T-Rex, with purple stripes across its orange body. On his huge head was a brown mask with two horns protruding each side, most likely made of bone. It threw its head back and let out a mangled roar. It almost sounded like it was saying...

...Greymon.

Holy Shit

o_O

This chappy kinda mutated halfway through, though it's definately fro the better. The Greymon was part of the plan, but the whole psychological bit with Tommy wasn't XD. Oh well, enjoy!

Hiya! I'm sut bumpng this up, since I probably won't be here for a few days, and the new fics are flooding in like seawater.

Glad to see you enjoyed it, Krazy ^_^

Though really, that little philosopher part doesn't really sound like Tommy...He just happened to be the guy available when DM made that last last minute plot add-on XD.

DM: Damn these Olimpics. Can't get her to get anything done! All she wants to do is watch people skid around on ice doing fancy jumps <_< (drags me to computer)

Me: But it's so graceful. And pretty.

DM: It's boring!

Me: Is not!

DM: Then why have you been falling asleep the past few nights? <_<

Me: It was 11:00+ at night on school days >_<

DM: C'mon, let's get this over with. You might be too busy playing with puppies tomorrow.

Me: (whine)

Mighty reptilian eyes narrowed and it let out a fiery snort.

"Tommy! Get back!" Boarmon ordered, rushing forward.

The youngest of the former Legendary Warriors watsed no time retreating back.

The Greymon's jaws snapped open. A scarlet flame materialized inside, with the heat of the attack shimmering the air around the giant lizard's mouth.

"Nova Blast!"

A huge sphere of crimson fire erupted from the purple-striped T-Rex, complete with a blue tail like a comet. The atmosphere around it was disfigured by the sheer temperature emmited from the fireball.

Boarmon leapt upward, straight toward the attack. If all went as planned, he should be able to block the attack from striking anything flammable and take little damage in the process.

Of course, that was hoping everything went as planned.

As the fireball slammed into him, it did mostly cancel out the attack. However, the absolute force of the assault, as well as his hard impact onto the ground afterward, resulted in a lot more pain than the flaming pig had counted on. After lying on the ground for a few moments, he somewhat shakily got back up.

While Boarmon regathered his energy frm the shock of the attack, Doggymon took advantage of the Greymon's distraction and clamped his jaws onto the orange dinosaur's ankle, snarling furiously. As if feeling a slight sting, the Greymon calmly turned its head down to the pest below. With a simple flick of its muscular tail, he swatted off the comical canine.

Doggymon yelped as he crashed backwards into a tree. With a little effort, he jumped back onto his feet and continued to growl lowly at his opponent.

The purple-striped giant lunged down with one of his clawed hands. Doggymon nimbly leapt out of the way. The tree behind him wasn't so lucky, as it was divided into several sections. Falling, the tree nearly slammed down on Tommy and Boarmon.

"Nova Blast!" the Greymon roared, spitting out another scarlet fireball. This one, aimed at Doggymon, hit its target. With a pained cry, Doggymon was once again sent flying.

"Bullet Attack!"

The orange dinosaur casually turned its manic gaze to Boarmon as his fire pellets rained down on his hide. Growling, he whipped his tail at the living barbecue.

Boarmon was able to jump over the sweeping attack. He hadn't planned on doing much damage to the beast, of course. But it made a nice distraction for his partner.

"Ultra Bite!"

Doggymon lunged at the skull-wearing T-Rex, sinking his sharp teeth into the leg of the deranged Digimon. Greymon snapped his head down towards the golden canine and hissed. Once again, he proceeded to whip the dog attached to his body.

As the tail rushed forward, however, Doggymon let go and lifted himself above the area where the tail was about to strike.

The Greymon let out a painful yelp as he hit himself in the leg with his own tail. While the Greymon was trying to find Doggymon, the golden canine jumped off the dinosaur and aimed himself at the tail.

"Ultra Bite!"

Chomping down on the tail, the golden canine heard another yelp from his opponent. Snarling even louder now, he tingtened his grip on his foe.

The Greymon, however, was fed up with this game. He gave his tail a mighty flick, which dislodged Doggymon's grip and threw the golden canine into the air. While the comical canine was freefalling, he took in a long breath.

"Nova Blast!"

THe attack struck Doggymon head-on, driving him into the ground.

"Doggymon!" Boarmon shouted.

The Greymon struck him on the side with his tail before anything else can be done.

"Guys!" Tommy yelled.

The two Digimon managed to get back on their feet, if in a bit of a daze.

"We've gotta get you outta here," stated Boarmon, turning to the boy in the mushroom hat.

"I'll keep this guy busy," Doggymon added.

"But you can't fight him by yourself!" Tommy cried out.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay," the golden canine answered with a smile, his tail wagging slightly.

"But we certainly can't have you around when there are trees falling and fireballs flying about," Boarmon reminded. "I'll be back once I've gotten everyone to safety. And don't be afraid to run if things are going badly. We don't know what happens to a Digimon when they die in the real world, where things tend to stay dead."

"I know," Doggymon answered, still smiling.

At the sound of heavy footsteps, everyone whipped their heads around to see their approaching enemy.

"Well, see ya!" Doggymon responded, charging back toward the purple-striped Digimon.

"Good luck..." Tommy answered as he mounted Boarmon. The flames on Boarmon's body readjusted so that the fromer Legendary Warrior could ride on his back.

As Boarmon bolted off with Tommy, the young boy looked back on the fight behind him with a worried look.

Wow, and I thought this chapter would be crap. WOOHOO to DM!

DM: Of course XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back