• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

For those who believe in miracles of God.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna da Ragione

Why would God make miracles for some people who are well-off and not others who are in desperate need?

If God does not intercede to help those that suffer, how can he make miracles?

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, the fact is that only those who believe in and love Him will get His attention; if you don't believe in a God, or you choose to run from and disobey Him, He's not going to force you to believe in Him or waste His time with someone who isn't going to listen

Que Forever Atlas

Donna da Ragione

It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, the fact is that only those who believe in and love Him will get His attention; if you don't believe in a God, or you choose to run from and disobey Him, He's not going to force you to believe in Him or waste His time with someone who isn't going to listen

Que Forever Atlas

But many third world nations (in Africa especially) are not low on Christians, on the contrary. And yet they are worse off than places with higher non-Christian populations.

What determines whether or not someone will listen? Also, if God is omnipotent, shouldn't he be able to convince anyone?

Superschlock

Awards
But many third world nations (in Africa especially) are not low on Christians, on the contrary. And yet they are worse off than places with higher non-Christian populations.

Well, God has so many reasons for what is going on in Africa, but even in those conditions, those who remain faithful know that they will be relieved of all their earthly pain in heaven, but it's just not our place to question God on what a job He's doing

What determines whether or not someone will listen?

Well, obviously it's the persons decision to listen...

Also, if God is omnipotent, shouldn't he be able to convince anyone?

But He chose to leave it up to us, he wouldn't be a good God if he went around forcing people to believe in Him, nobody would have a free will

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, humans couldn't possible imagine all that God has in store for anyone in as bad conditions as people in Africa, and those who remain faithful will be blessed infinate-fold in heaven, but it's just not our place to question God on what a job He's doing

It is indeed our place to state reality. If you believe in miracles, then why is it that miracles happen to the people that usually need them the least?

Donna da Ragione

Well, humans couldn't possible imagine all that God has in store for anyone

Why not?

those who remain faithful will be blessed infinate-fold in heaven,

How can there be variations in infinity?

but it's just not our place to question God on what a job He's doing

Even if the suffering of nations goes on for centuries or millenia?

Well, obviously it's the persons decision to listen...

But what determines that decision?

But He chose to leave it up to us, he wouldn't be a good God if he went around forcing people to believe in Him, nobody would have a free will

But if God is omnipotent, couldn't he convince people while still maintaining their free will?

Superschlock

Awards

Ok, I'm gonna edit that, I guess you can, I just meant that the possibilites for his reasons are almsot endless

How can there be variations in infinity?

I think you saw my point -_-

Even if the suffering of nations goes on for centuries or millenia?

Now, this is just my personal opinion, but I believe that the rapture (as seen in Left Behind) will be not so far away

But what determines that decision?

Well, if you choose to accept Him, then He will speak to you, but you have to willing to listen

But if God is omnipotent, couldn't he convince people while still maintaining their free will?

Yes, he could, but still, he is letting us do it ourselves, why this is, don't ask me

Donna da Ragione

I think you saw my point -_-

I'm making a different one. How can someone be given a greater reward than another if they are both infinitely rewarded?

Now, this is just my personal opinion, but I believe that the rapture (as seen in Left Behind) will be not so far away

Doomsayers are nothing new.

Well, if you choose to accept Him, then He will speak to you, but you have to willing to listen

But what decides whether or not a person is willing?

Yes, he could, but still, he is letting us do it ourselves, why this is, don't ask me

So there is reason to question God.

If God made say, ten different people and created precisely equal factors of life for each of them, the outcome for all of them would be the same. If he is omnipotent, there is no chaotic element beyond his control that determines whether or not a person goes to heaven or hell.

Superschlock

Awards
I'm making a different one. How can someone be given a greater reward than another if they are both infinitely rewarded?

I never said that...Did I?

But what decides whether or not a person is willing?

The person decides whether or not a person is willing

So there is reason to question God.

If God made say, ten different people and created precisely equal factors of life for each of them, the outcome for all of them would be the same. If he is omnipotent, there is no chaotic element beyond his control that determines whether or not a person goes to heaven or hell.

True, there isn't but he chooses to let it be, to give us a choice

Donna da Ragione

I never said that...Did I?

I suppose you edited it out.

The person decides whether or not a person is willing

But what determines that decision? There a cause for every choice which is beyond a person's control.

True, there isn't but he chooses to let it be, to give us a choice

The choice is an illusion. If God created everything, he created every factor to everything, so he determined everything that happens.

Also, even if your paradox is so, he contradicts his wish for everyone to go to heaven. By "giving" us the illusionary choice, he knows and wants people to go to hell.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Why would God make miracles for some people who are well-off and not others who are in desperate need?

If God does not intercede to help those that suffer, how can he make miracles?

Did God not make the lame man walk, or the blind man see?

I suppose you edited it out.

None of his posts say that he edited them, so uh no.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!

Either doing what he says or suffering for an eternity...

Doesn't sound very free to me.

Donna da Ragione

Did God not make the lame man walk, or the blind man see?

Outside of the Bible? Nope.

None of his posts say that he edited them, so uh no.

But you still get to choose. You can choose to break a law, but in the end, you'll more than likely have to suffer the consequences for it.

I love these two quotes because it shows that you skimmed through this thread.

http://forums.khinsider.com/religious/130659-those-who-believe-miracles-god.html#post4168292

Afro Nyokki said:
Ok, I'm gonna edit that

Also, again, the choice is an illusion.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
it is obvious that god is a fragment of our righteous minds. See what happened was like some time ago a human saw another human die, he wondered, "What just happened?" And the elder of the village started to think why too. This created...God. If you look closely at other religions you see everything from Christianity. Miracles happen by chance:
Now for you Christians you might say, "But the chance is too dim, it needs to be a divine force!"
Well no...it does not, lets say I started to flip a coin[hamlet reference]and I keep landing on heads. You would probably think god blessed me. He has a plan for me. Though the truth is again obvious: its all in the way I flip the coin, what position my hand is in. Effecting the results: this experimental science.
So far in the 21 century science has been winning,
unlimited published theory's/to/ a few strong believes

+plus one question...Why did God not tell us about his whereabouts, he had to wait for millions of years until some guy in Egypt said there is one. And we all know the first REAL polytheistic was that Pharoh who believed in only the sun God.

Diastyl

God makes miracles for everyone, but the desperate ones need it more and their miracles would happen eventually in their lives. Maybe its a way of showing how much you believe

Donna da Ragione

God makes miracles for everyone, but the desperate ones need it more and their miracles would happen eventually in their lives. Maybe its a way of showing how much you believe

How do you know that socalled "miracles" are acts of God and not circumstance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back