• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

For the Love of IceCream! A connection between Ven and Roxas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow15

It would be cool if SE actaully sold SeaSalt Ice Cream...(ahh the glories of Viral marketing)
and they could also geneticly alter fruit to produce PAOPU!..Lol\

I thought that Nomura had gotten the idea of Seasalt Ice cream from somewhere I thought in an interview he said he had some or something, I can't remember but it might have been at disney world that he got the idea from.
So there might already be seasalt ice cream.
I heard something about Paopu before too but I can't remember what it was.
I don't think they really gave a lot of characters from disney ages at all well they probably did but it won't matter and I don't think they even gave one to Mickey and Donald and all them, It's interesting because Sora ages when it seems that they don't.

I can't wait to see what party members we get and if we will be able to play as other characters in Kingdom Hearts 3.
Kingdom Hearts 3 will possibly be way more challenging than the games before it, it's going to be great...

-Later

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Hehe, nice, I was honestly expecting some kinda whack-job connection theory like there normally is with this kinda stuff. Pleasant surprise.
Hehehe I'm surprised too, :p I'm surprised people actually like this.. *Thinks* Perhaps I should put more of my random thoughts down!

Awesome!!! Would be really cool, if that was the case ^^
Hehehe Thanks!

Yes, but I think it´s a plot-hole when it wasnt in KH1 or CoM
Not sure why it's a plot hole? To be exact.. I never said DI if that's what your implying, and just cause we didn't see it in CoM no... but then again, The events in CoM have got nothing to do with it anyways, The characters were waaayy too busy to be indulging out in icecream, When we think of SeaSalt IceCream we think Roxas, There was NO Roxas in CoM, and correct me if I'm wrong but there was no Hayner Pence or Ollete either.

Hey on the menu screen it shows Sora with sea salt ice cream at destiny islands and we never seen him with the ice cream on destiny islands did we?
No seasalt icecream isn't at DI, hehehe I hope the bring some to the island though in KH3, lol. When I see that picture I think it as Sora's imagining himself back home.... You know the salty sea taste reminds him of the beach back home so his mind takes him back there or somthing like that. You know?

Remember how Hayner,Pence and Olette would talk about getting the sea salt Ice Cream well what exact place would they suppose to get it even in the virtual town it wouldn't matter they replicated the idea out of something or it wouldn't have happened so is it possible there actually was a beach they were speaking of?
If you mean... The IceCream bars, they're are at the twilight town station. But yes it's plausible that they got the salt from the beach, OR it could just be artificial colours and flavourings XD! I mean it'd have to be for scrooge, there is no evidence of a beach in Hollow Bastion.

The paupu fruit is going to stay for a while of course they need it for the storyline is what I think...
This isn't about the Paopu It's about IceCream and it's return, yes of course it will have it's return. lol.

I'm thinking that the beach they were talking about was the one on Destiny Islands those trains seemed to travel in strange ways and also there wouldn't be that many places to travel on it would there and the so called ghost train showed up for Sora and it wasn't strange at all and it specifically led to Yensids tower, I think that Yensid could weild a keyblade before but not anymore.
*Coughs* Twilight Town *Coughs*
Umm... I don't think so, you don't need a keyblade to have a programed magic train to get to somewhere. I serriously don't think the Master needs a keyblade for battle do you?

I also wonder how Pete got there since he's too big for the train to start with and so on...
lol... Good ol Stinkie Petie, lol. Actually I hate him Let him get stuck in a train X ) Heheheh Ok... Now... back to the question, yeah he works with Melificent, most likely he uses those dark portals, but so Pete didn't look so dark and tarnish the image of a "NICE" Disney villian they decided to make him a coward so he runs away XD

Umm...This is actually well put together IMO, and a good theory too!
lol I love how everyone seems so surprised that a person can put this serriously. lol. Yet also have a little fun with it. Ahhh I think it's just me I suppose!

It would be cool if SE actaully sold SeaSalt Ice Cream...(ahh the glories of Viral marketing)
and they could also geneticly alter fruit to produce PAOPU!..Lol\
Paopu reminds me of a star fruit lol. I think Disney land Hong Kong already sells seasalt icecream, Or is it just plan disneyland, I wouldn't know I haven't left this strange Island we afectionatley call Australia!

Yeah but i think we will sea Ven scarfing down some SS Ice cream
It is quite plausible aye? I mean we know it was in the past AND We know Ven comes from Twilight Town like Roxas did. Well have may not actually live in Twighlight Town but he certainly visits it!

Thinking about Scrooge... would it be wierd if Scrooge was like a party member replacing Donald? And Goofy's parents, (can only imagine what they are like) or his uncle could be the other party member???
No.. don't think so, because Donald and Goofy are travelling at this time with the King so, If anything they're old enough to be party members themselves. lol.

I thought that Nomura had gotten the idea of Seasalt Ice cream from somewhere I thought in an interview he said he had some or something, I can't remember but it might have been at disney world that he got the idea from.
Yeah I remember reading that too, from... somewhere.... lol

So there might already be seasalt ice cream.
There is, Im about 80% sure it's Disneyland, which ofcourse makes a lot of sense, But I think It's disneyland Hong Kong...

I can't wait to see what party members we get and if we will be able to play as other characters in Kingdom Hearts 3.
Kingdom Hearts 3 will possibly be way more challenging than the games before it, it's going to be great...
*face goes red and starts jumping up and down* Grr this is about BBS not KH3!! Argh! lol

Awards
Ok, hypothetically, even if they did both like Sea Salt ice cream, there would be no implications for it. We have nothing to go on, so it's about as useful as saying that they both like breathing.

And, what Scrooge said does not suggest that it's been culturally significant since he was a kid. Fads go in cycles. By saying that, he could have been suggesting that the ice cream was popular back then, went out of style, and then came back recently.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Ok, hypothetically, even if they did both like Sea Salt ice cream, there would be no implications for it. We have nothing to go on, so it's about as useful as saying that they both like breathing.
Again I disagree on this,
Have you ever seen the movie "Snow Dogs"?
Both father and son learned that they both like Blue cheese, No blue cheese is an aquired taste and not everyone likes it. Perhaps the same goes with SeaSalt IceCream, I never said it was a strong connection, but it would be intresting to see a cutscene of pretty much how Roxas' love for seasalt began, Don't you think?
I also will happen to mention that "Snow Dogs" is in fact a disney movie :p

And, what Scrooge said does not suggest that it's been culturally significant since he was a kid. Fads go in cycles. By saying that, he could have been suggesting that the ice cream was popular back then, went out of style, and then came back recently.
That's not true either, Things don't always go around in fads, It's like saying Chocolate went out, Ofcourse we know it did not. Foods are different to clothes, toys, or hobbies. I never said that it was culturally significant at all, What I was saying by the scrooge thing is that SeaSalt IceCream would have been around back then since dare I say it again, scrooge is not a Spring Chicken. Him saying it was popular back then had no means to say that perhaps it was popular during VAT's time, it just said it would have been around then. Ofcourse even still Such a fad like that wouldn't really go out... I purely think Scrooge just had it in his own world, ofcourse HB isn't his real world, perhaps he lost the taste and flavour for it so he had to recreate it.
So yet I see nothing wrong with my theory of perhaps Ven and Roxas both might enjoy SeaSalt IceCream, I never ment it to be a "serrious" connection or groubd breaking, as said earlier almost as if it was "comic relief."

Awards
Again I disagree on this,
Have you ever seen the movie "Snow Dogs"?
Both father and son learned that they both like Blue cheese, No blue cheese is an aquired taste and not everyone likes it. Perhaps the same goes with SeaSalt IceCream, I never said it was a strong connection, but it would be intresting to see a cutscene of pretty much how Roxas' love for seasalt began, Don't you think?
In KH2, Sea Salt served as a recurring motif. However, it did not serve as a specific theme. Roxas continually had it, and yet this habit was not evident for Sora. And other aspects made it lose a sense of connection, such as the various other characters liking it. Hayner's love of sea salt, for instance, means nothing. My point being that there can be a motif without much relevance.

Him saying it was popular back then had no means to say that perhaps it was popular during VAT's time, it just said it would have been around then.

So long as you understand that, I do not have to address the rest of the post. If it was around, but not significant, well, it wouldn't matter.

And... please don't tell me that you were trying to argue against foods being subject to fads.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
In KH2, Sea Salt served as a recurring motif. However, it did not serve as a specific theme. Roxas continually had it, and yet this habit was not evident for Sora. And other aspects made it lose a sense of connection, such as the various other characters liking it. Hayner's love of sea salt, for instance, means nothing. My point being that there can be a motif without much relevance.
Like I said, Comic Relief. It has no relevance exactly but because people who already well and truly know the KH story line play BBS they're going to find a sort of connection and it's kinda like a "Oooo, That's Awesome!" moment, like "Oh so both Roxas AAANNNDD Ven like it! Sweet!" Of course it could not been seen as a point to the overall connection BUT it gives a sorta "hehe That's cool!" moments,

So long as you understand that, I do not have to address the rest of the post. If it was around, but not significant, well, it wouldn't matter.
No ofcourse it wouldn't really matter to the total overall reason as to why they look identical, It's just a fun quirky way to show an interesting point or connection. Comic Relief is going to be really important in BBS I believe...

And... please don't tell me that you were trying to argue against foods being subject to fads.
Yeah... I was...
Food doesn't really go out of style at all once it starts off as a hit, take things like Coca-Cola, I mean It was around when my Grandmother was a kid, yet it is still overly popular.
Somthing as big as SeaSalt IceCream which obviously has multi-world apeal surely would not go out of style :)

Awards
Like I said, Comic Relief. It has no relevance exactly but because people who already well and truly know the KH story line play BBS they're going to find a sort of connection and it's kinda like a "Oooo, That's Awesome!" moment, like "Oh so both Roxas AAANNNDD Ven like it! Sweet!" Of course it could not been seen as a point to the overall connection BUT it gives a sorta "hehe That's cool!" moments,

So you're saying the moments on the Clock Tower, when they're eating sea salt ice cream is "comic relief"? In any case, there should really be as little a connection between Roxas and Ven as possible. They're two completely different characters, and Nomura says that you should be easily able to distinguish between the two. In other words, just because they're connected in looks doesn't mean they're connected in something as pointless as likes/dislikes.

No ofcourse it wouldn't really matter to the total overall reason as to why they look identical, It's just a fun quirky way to show an interesting point or connection. Comic Relief is going to be really important in BBS I believe...
The only comic relief in BbS, from what we can see, will be provided by Donald and Goofy. Nomura said the story will be very serious. Comedy will have less relevance than it did before.

Yeah... I was...
Food doesn't really go out of style at all once it starts off as a hit, take things like Coca-Cola, I mean It was around when my Grandmother was a kid, yet it is still overly popular.
Somthing as big as SeaSalt IceCream which obviously has multi-world apeal surely would not go out of style :)
Food Fads is an actual, culinary term. There are continually changing trends in what people eat. Brand names don't count, they're corporate. More general things like hotdogs are a better example for more lasting foods. Whether Sea Salt is one like that, or if it cycles, is something we don't know. We never saw it in KH and it was only in HB/TT in KH2. That should be some feedback. Sounds like a trend to me.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
So you're saying the moments on the Clock Tower, when they're eating sea salt ice cream is "comic relief"? In any case, there should really be as little a connection between Roxas and Ven as possible. They're two completely different characters, and Nomura says that you should be easily able to distinguish between the two. In other words, just because they're connected in looks doesn't mean they're connected in something as pointless as likes/dislikes.
No I'm not saying that at all I'm saying it's what BBS NEEDS! I think your reading too much into it... What I mean by comic relief is that if you had read then entire thread you'd understand. Say perhaps VAT get some icecream together or somthing perhaps Ven has some alone, perhaps maybe not comic relief but maybe a connect between the audience and the game saying, "This is a KH game. It shows connection and unity between the two games." Mainly it's a connection between the veiwers and the game more than Ven and Roxas I suppose but some may like to connect with it as a connection between Roxas and Ven...

The only comic relief in BbS, from what we can see, will be provided by Donald and Goofy. Nomura said the story will be very serious. Comedy will have less relevance than it did before.
Key words here "from what we can see" As if you're going to ruin the surprise of somthing funny by showing it in advance. Even though the game is serrious, there will need to be at least some light hearted moments, So,
1. Maintains the Kingdom Hearts Feel
and
2.So we don't get overly depressed and get sick of the game quickly.
Games are not meant to have a serrious nature, that's why it's called a game. If everyone played games so serriously as much as your taking it, it saps the fun out of it. Altough BBS is going to have a more serrious tone to it, it would need HAHA moments or else people won't find the storyline as fun as it should be...

Food Fads is an actual, culinary term. There are continually changing trends in what people eat. Brand names don't count, they're corporate. More general things like hotdogs are a better example for more lasting foods. Whether Sea Salt is one like that, or if it cycles, is something we don't know. We never saw it in KH and it was only in HB/TT in KH2.
Ok fair enough. But are you saying just cause we didn't see it in KH means it's unlikely That we could possibly have it in BBS? Cause I would disagree with you there... I've given evidence stating that it DID exist in the past, Remember, I'm talking that this has somthing to do almost with the conection between Ven and Roxas with Twilight Town. You can't say that it wasn't in Twilight Town in KH1 cause you don't know that. You can't say the fad went out when we have no proof that it did. Just cause saying it wasn't in KH1 means nothing there was an explaination to that.
1: In HB Scrooge was finding a way to INVENT it again in KH2, so yes no SSIC in THAT world.
2: Twilight Town was not important in KH1 cause only until the very end of it Roxas didn't even exist!

I can't see why your trying to take such a nice light hearted theory and make it so serrious...

Awards
No I'm not saying that at all I'm saying it's what BBS NEEDS! I think your reading too much into it... What I mean by comic relief is that if you had read then entire thread you'd understand. Say perhaps VAT get some icecream together or somthing perhaps Ven has some alone, perhaps maybe not comic relief but maybe a connect between the audience and the game saying, "This is a KH game. It shows connection and unity between the two games." Mainly it's a connection between the veiwers and the game more than Ven and Roxas I suppose but some may like to connect with it as a connection between Roxas and Ven...
I'M reading too much into it? Uh, I'm not the one trying to make a connection through ice cream. I did read the entire thread.

Ok, so now you're starting to say that it's more of a connection between the games than Roxas and Ven. You're veering off your own, original idea.

Key words here "from what we can see" As if you're going to ruin the surprise of somthing funny by showing it in advance. Even though the game is serrious, there will need to be at least some light hearted moments, So,
1. Maintains the Kingdom Hearts Feel
and
2.So we don't get overly depressed and get sick of the game quickly.
Yes, but you make it sound way to important. Will it have anywhere near as many funny moments as the other KH games? According to Nomura, absolutely not.

Games are not meant to have a serrious nature, that's why it's called a game. If everyone played games so serriously as much as your taking it, it saps the fun out of it. Altough BBS is going to have a more serrious tone to it, it would need HAHA moments or else people won't find the storyline as fun as it should be...
Who said anything about PLAYING it seriously? Games are for leisure. Is leisure always comical? NO. I enjoy reading a good, serious book because of the message it conveys, but just because it is serious does not mean it isn't fun to read. Games can do a similar thing. It doesn't NEED "haha" moments, it needs lightermoments, where the tone is not so dark, which will obviously be provided by Disney.

Seriousness sapping the fun out of it? Really. I guess Crisis Core must not be very fun.

Ok fair enough. But are you saying just cause we didn't see it in KH means it's unlikely That we could possibly have it in BBS? Cause I would disagree with you there... I've given evidence stating that it DID exist in the past, Remember, I'm talking that this has somthing to do almost with the conection between Ven and Roxas with Twilight Town. You can't say that it wasn't in Twilight Town in KH1 cause you don't know that. You can't say the fad went out when we have no proof that it did. Just cause saying it wasn't in KH1 means nothing there was an explaination to that.
1: In HB Scrooge was finding a way to INVENT it again in KH2, so yes no SSIC in THAT world.
2: Twilight Town was not important in KH1 cause only until the very end of it Roxas didn't even exist!

I can't see why your trying to take such a nice light hearted theory and make it so serrious...
And I never said it didn't exist in the past. It DID, what you gave was proof for that fact, but what you lack is actual evidence for your own idea.

As for your point #1, that would be agreeing with a FAD, since it would have been gone for a while.

Make it serious? It's called constructive criticism, something most of the people here can't bear.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
I'M reading too much into it? Uh, I'm not the one trying to make a connection through ice cream. I did read the entire thread.

Ok, so now you're starting to say that it's more of a connection between the games than Roxas and Ven. You're veering off your own, original idea.
No Im not, Im saying, Tis both,
The connect is made by the viewer of the games that Roxas and Ven share a connection cause they're refering to a term used in KH2. :)

Yes, but you make it sound way to important. Will it have anywhere near as many funny moments as the other KH games? According to Nomura, absolutely not.
I never said it would have as much. As importance goes to lighten the mood yes I do believe it's important to maintain a somewhat KH feel to the game. I serriously don't want to be playing a game which is just all about darkness and well death... cause that's what apears to be so far, and before you say it, "Maybe BBS is not for you" I'm saying this in a general persective that a lot of people not just myself fell in-love with the light hearted nature of KH and would be sad to see it turn dark and completely evil with all the joy and happiness sucked out of it. I wouldn't like that and I can pretty much asure you a lot of other wouldn't either. That's why small comical moments will be important to maintain KH's orginal audience. I know it's supposed to be more teen based but teens like myself fell inlove with it light hearted anyways.

Who said anything about PLAYING it seriously? Games are for leisure. Is leisure always comical? NO. I enjoy reading a good, serious book because of the message it conveys, but just because it is serious does not mean it isn't fun to read. Games can do a similar thing. It doesn't NEED "haha" moments, it needs lightermoments, where the tone is not so dark, which will obviously be provided by Disney.
Yes disney will lighten it a tad, but what I'm saying is that if all the game is about their destruction and failures then it's not going to be a very happy game, one KH is known for. I think Sir Walk would not apreciate his characters being put into a situation where everything apears incredibly sad. I mean disneyland was created for children and parents can have fun together in a good clean environment, So I think still BBS needs to maintain that sort of niceness if it plains to maintain the same feel at atmosphere that disney provides. Remember we must not forget the original audience it was made for which was children, now if it was made for children surely we need to keep in mind that they too might have fallen into the KH fan craze and it would be unfair of us to make it too serrious in the likes of them...

Seriousness sapping the fun out of it? Really. I guess Crisis Core must not be very fun.
Ahh well, I've never played it so I can't be a judge on that, I fell in love with KH for Disney not FF lol. That's what attracted my eyes.
But yes Crisis Core from what I gather is suited to a more "mature" age group, Disney is light hearted, you said that yourself, Making a game with disney in it serrious not only destroys the very principals KH stands for it also destroys the very principals Disney stands for.

As for your point #1, that would be agreeing with a FAD, since it would have been gone for a while.
I thought I made it clear by saying THAT world, Certainly there is no evidence on the contray that it went out Scrooge was meerly introducing it to Hollow Bastion. No one ever said it didn't still exist in his original world.

Make it serious? It's called constructive criticism, something most of the people here can't bear.
If your saying I can't bare it you're quite mistaken.
I can infact, but what you're giving I wouldn't have said it being Constructive, cause if it were constructive it would be information on how I could improve the theory, what you're meerly trying to do is disprove the theory, In my eyes it's not overly constructive...

What this theory was originally designed to do is to take us away from the really serrious hard core theories that people get so edgey about and to perhaps have a little fun with the idea, which is what most people did.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Cute Theory SeaSalt Icecream, it could be possible for Ven & Roxas to like SeaSalt Icecream. I don't think your an idiot, either. I like the Theory.
Hehehee, Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Kairy

ok my theory ven and aqua are in kairis heart ---- kairi puts her heart in sora---- ven binds with roxas-- aquas part of number 14-u kno what i mean- and thats how it happens--- but heres sumtin to think about if sora and kair have connected hearts-- is ven and aqua or maybe juts ven part of them or their nobodies --- but then again nomura said the whole ven and roxas thing would be figured out in bbs and this would be a lot to explain but maybe its a big part of the story or maybe not- oh sry my minds goin around circles lol and i keep contradicting myself

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
i think she means when Kairi's heart became one with Sora's in KH1... you know? The whole " a keyblade that unlocks hearts.... *stabs*"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back