• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

For others who want more Square enix stuff in kh

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gothtaku666

Awards
So I'm one of the people who sees Kingdom Hearts as a final fantasy spin-off I'm one of those who sees Kingdom Hearts that sees it as a Square Enix game and not really a Disney one. I know I'm in a minority of people not exactly a vocal one either unfortunately however I am curious as to what Square Enix properties what Final Fantasy characters you don't like to see and who you predict will happen if you're on the same page as me and assuming that quadratum is a world of Square Enix properties especially due to its ties to Final Fantasy use the fabula Nova crystallis. I have a couple I'd like to see you like Valkyrie Profile The Secret of Mana series Dragon Quest I guess more the world ends with you characters just more of that. And I assume it is due to things I've noticed hell things I didn't even realize before when it comes down to final fantasies influence on Kingdom Hearts so I'm curious as do the people who are in this minority of fans who are on here if you are on here to see which ones you would like to see included and even if you're not in that Minority give what Square Enix properties you'd like to see

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Hands down Pandora Hearts. It's manga instead of game, but hey, published by SE nonetheless, I would like the idea does falling into the Abyss/overlimit their contract in PH could mean falling into the darkness.

Noivern

Awards
Kingdom Hearts is not a Final Fantasy spin off, it's an individual property that just takes from both it and Disney. Treating the franchise as such is just setting yourself off for disappointment.

Regardless, if they went ahead to take stuff from other Squênix franchises like they did with 3D and TWEWY, I'd like to see Dragon Quest show up in some way. Not only would it be a huge popularity boom for the game in japan, but I could see a really fun world as a result.

Also, Heartless Slimes. All for it.

D

Deleted member 246005

The Bouncer from the early 2000s. Sora looks like the main character Sion so I'd lean into that. He's either related to Sora or an amnesiac older Sora.

I'm fine with Sora forced to play the Reaper's game. So I'm down with KH absorbing the World's End With You.

A world based off Brave Fencer Musashi could be fun. Especially because Roxas was given control of the Samurai nobodies.

I rather get more FF references. Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz are Riku's older brothers and the secondary villians of a spinoff.

Roxas and Xion attend Balamb Garden. Gladiolus is Terra's younger brother.

That sorta thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts is not a Final Fantasy spin off, it's an individual property that just takes from both it and Disney. Treating the franchise as such is just setting yourself off for disappointment.
That & Square has clearly decided there's no reason to involve the mouse to crossover their own properties. The likes of Dissidia & World of Final Fantasy have basically taken the place of FF characters in KH.

Awards
That & Square has clearly decided there's no reason to involve the mouse to crossover their own properties. The likes of Dissidia & World of Final Fantasy have basically taken the place of FF characters in KH.
Not really.

There was enough of a backlash over the lack of FF characters in 3 that they haphazardly shoehorned the usual crew in Re Mind as a bandaid. As much as KH is its own thing, I think Nomura's learned enough of a lesson over what people expect with that little episode.

Reactions: Max

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not that I expect it, but I want a proper Dragon Quest reference. Give me a slime plz. A little one...on a shelf or something...🥺

We got that mild af Chrono Trigger reference in KH3D...

There would never be a NieR reference but Emil is my boy and his head on a shelf would also be great.

If we are going into the Gangan stuff, Pandora Hearts...FMA...Soul Eater...Peacemaker...The Case Study of Vanitas...I have no reasons why these series should appear. I wouldn't want them on any given day, but I'm staying open-minded.

Oh, and Spiral. It was big-ish back in the day. Also I remember people comparing those two characters from the series to Sora and Riku...Ayumu and Eyes???

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Not really.

There was enough of a backlash over the lack of FF characters in 3 that they haphazardly shoehorned the usual crew in Re Mind as a bandaid. As much as KH is its own thing, I think Nomura's learned enough of a lesson over what people expect with that little episode.
Agreed. And I understand why people felt that way, that's where I'm at with the whole thing myself honestly. I'd given up on the idea of a Final Fantasy world or something of that sort showing up, but that's okay, I think that's kind of what Traverse Town, Twilight Town, and Radiant Garden began to represent. I'm cool with the kind of hub world hosting our FF crew.

Zack in Birth by Sleep was a fun addition, I was hoping we'd see him all grown up in a later installment. He could have taken Auron's place in Olympus Colosseum in KH3. Total missed opportunity.

I don't know. The Square characters are just a staple, they'd been there since the beginning and we watched as Sora and co. formed bonds with them and followed their little AU stories as they fit into the KH canon and lore. No matter how inconsequential Nomura may have started to believe they were, this series started as a crossover which drew in a certain crowd and also introduced a new crowd to characters they came to know and love. To all of a sudden just not have them there, when everyone is expecting and looking for them, it was just a weird move. Again, Zack could have easily been in Olympus Colosseum in 3. There could have been a little disciplinary committee cameo/cutscene in Twilight Town. We could have got something along these lines instead of the half-assed Hundred Acre Wood if it was a matter of time or money, I sometimes forget that world was even in 3 because it was such a shadow of it's former self.

I don't love Kingdom Hearts because of the Final Fantasy and TWEWY characters, but I do love those characters and properties and they were always a huge highlight of the games for me. I really hope they make the effort to have them return in the future after seeing how disappointed so many people were when they were gone.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Not really.

Well, I hope so anyway.

TBH, I don't follow many of their other series beyond FF. I did have TWEWY before 3D happened, so those characters weren't new to me, although I wouldn't say I have the level of love for the property so many others do (I do want to pick up the sequel eventually though). I did play Chrono Trigger once because it came packaged with one of the FF games back when. I always thought the frog character could appear in The Black Cauldron world whenever it appears (the FFIX characters would fit well with that world's aesthetic, too, though...) I have a couple of Parasite Eve games and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, but I'd be lying if I said I played them enough to say. I did finish the first Drakengard, not the sequels, but it wouldn't fit well in KH /at all/, same with Full Metal Alchemist. Way too gory. I enjoy Black Butler, but not sure it would be a good fit with KH either.

I would love if Soul Eater characters appeared in a one-off original world the way TWEWY characters did. Medusa was such a great mastermind villainess, always one step ahead of everyone. Maka and Soul were were great protagonists, too, but Medusa and Crona were the things that made me fall in love with that show (Crona was so sad yet adorable). I've heard good things about Bravely in the past; maybe some of its characters could mesh well with KH?

One thing I would like, since Nomura is clearly intent on re-creating FFXV, is if he used Nyx in KH. I've always been sad he only played a role in Kingsglaive and not the game itself because I loved the character / design. It would be nice if the character got new life in KH.

Gothtaku666

Awards

Regardless, if they went ahead to take stuff from other Squênix franchises like they did with 3D and TWEWY, I'd like to see Dragon Quest show up in some way. Not only would it be a huge popularity boom for the game in japan, but I could see a really fun world as a result.

Also, Heartless Slimes. All for it.
I'm sorry but Kingdom Hearts is not an individual franchise it is a spinoff and if you don't like me saying that do not interact with me at all.

Gothtaku666

Awards
I'm sorry but Kingdom Hearts is not an individual franchise it is a spinoff and if you don't like me saying that do not interact with me at all.
We can agree to disagree and leave it at that but I'm sorry KH is a spinoff guys I know alot of people do not like hearing that but what it takes makes it a spinoff. I'm not going to debate this with people like at all. Ever. It's like the Big 3 that will Forever be Bleach one peice and Naruto. None debatable. Atleast with me I'm willing to discuss what makes it a spinoff but that's about it

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It started as a collaboration with Disney first & foremost. The FF characters didn't come until later in development. It's like calling TWEWY a KH spin-off, it ain't.

& why the attitude? That kind of stubbornness doesn't do anyone any favors.

Gothtaku666

Awards
It started as a collaboration with Disney first & foremost. The FF characters didn't come until later in development. It's like calling TWEWY a KH spin-off, it ain't.

& why the attitude? That kind of stubbornness doesn't do anyone any favors.
And that doesn't keep it from Being a spinoff. Ether rather Squall and cloud being in it or not doesn't keep it from being a Spinoff.
It was Squares pitch they took Final Fantasy game play and made it action based
They took the items and spells that are from Final Fantasy even if no Final Fantasy characters appeared in the series it would still be a spinoff and a Cross over due to this

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'd actually like a tie in between Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XIV Online going both ways. Some sort of Alliance Raid series in FFXIV (they've done crossovers with FF3, Tactics, and Nier) that gives Org weapons and such for different Jobs,
while Kingdom Hearts gets appearances by members of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn, or at minimum Alphinaud and Alisaie. I feel like it would create a great banter between the likes of Alphinaud and SDG with the latter having a hard time understanding the more "sophisticated" way Alphinaud speaks, while Alisaie would be more relatable in a "I just like to fight" way.

this actually fits pretty well together anyway, a lot of shared themes of friendship triumphing over darkness, the main character being a Warrior of Light, and all that. FFXIV even has its own Organization of sorts with the Ascians also manipulating things from the background and wearing dark robes, but imo much better written than anything in KH, especially from Shadowbringers and Endwalker.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
And that doesn't keep it from Being a spinoff. Ether rather Squall and cloud being in it or not doesn't keep it from being a Spinoff.
It was Squares pitch they took Final Fantasy game play and made it action based
They took the items and spells that are from Final Fantasy even if no Final Fantasy characters appeared in the series it would still be a spinoff and a Cross over due to this
Pokemon also has items called Potion & attacks called Thunder & Blizzard, does that make Pokemon a spin-off too?

Chie

Awards
Every single Square Enix game uses stuff from other Square Enix games. It's uh... a natural part of creation.

Back