• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

For all those suffering Europeans!!! I have not GOOD but SPECTACULAR news for you!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wtholyf

I hope this will end all those threads and make the Europeans happy. I've been posting this for a while, but I've never made a thread on it, hopefully this will catch every Europeans eye! (if you don't want to read the background info scroll down to HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS, except it's bolded, note: you probably won't understand why it's good news if you don't read the back up)

First off I believe I should explain why the Europeans need to wait so long. As you all know in 22 days the legendary Kingdom Hearts 2 will come out in the US. However it will not be coming out in the UK, and I've been hearing some people say that it will come out 2-3 months but I'm afraid it's gonna come out bit later then that. Why do I believe this? Did I read it in a magazine? Will before you jump to conclusions I will tell you I did NOT read this from a magazine, but merely used some knowledge I've acquried about the game production buisness. The reason I believe it will take longer, is as some of you may or may not know, The European version of Kh2 is in a different format then the US. Infact, the European Ps2 is different then the US one. Even the TVs are on a different format!!!!! The fact is only 1 other country uses the same format as the US and that is Japan. There are 2 formats for every movie, video game, tv, ps2, xbox etc etc. And those are known as NTSC and PAL, Japan and US have NTSC (but Japan also has PAL, ya it's a funny one). But every other country has PAL (although i bet you could find some NTSC's in the black market). What do the manufacterious do? They take the NTSC English game, and they run it through a program that converts it into pal, for them probably 10-20 minutes per disc , pretty quick eh? try converteing more then 3 million game discs and see if you still manage to surivive for the boredom. Not that you know the background info, HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS, you, just like the factory, can buy a US NTSC game, and convert it into PAL and play it on your PS2! Here's how!

Heres what you can do to get your Kingdom Hearts game in March. 1. Buy the US Kingdom Hearts 2 (NTSC format) next buy the Magic Slide kit, a great program made to load your backups (it's important to make back ups so that you can play them instead and have your orignal game unsctrached so that in your later years the game is worth ALOT). Once you have purchased those two items (50 bucks for KH2 and 30 bucks for Magic Slide kit so 80 bucks in all {remember though, you can use Magic Slide Kit to back up all your games and have your orignal in MINT condition so that when you are old you can sell for a big payoff, note: when you do sell the game you must get rid of the backup}). Go to google and type in, "Backup Ps2 games" you should find some excellent tutorials on how to backup the PS2 game. Once you have a backup put the orignal game into its box and leave it there for the rest of your life letting it gain economical value. Now then once it is aside, Go to google and type in "Convert NTSC to PAL" you should find some excellent tutorials on converting the NTSC signal into the PAL signal. Once you have converted your game, boot it up with Magic Slide, and enjoy! Also if you want to import the US kh2, go to Ebay, people will offer free shipping but charge you about 50-55 dollars for the product. Once you have all the materials the process of making the backup and converting NTSC to PAL should take anywhere between 1.5hrs-4hrs. (note: if you live in the US and you wish to sell your games do not keep the backup as that is not entirely legal, play safe and be smart, and most importantly have fun!)

END OF GETTING YOUR WORKING COPY ON MARCH 28!

This is for people who belive it will be out for europeans 2-3 months and dont agree with me, this is why I believe the game will come out later then June, Infact it'll probably be out early-mid August, here's why

you need to factor in the time it takes for them to convert all the games into pal (thas about more then 3mil games at least, a person at home can convert one game disc), then package it into its case, set the cases up with manuals, put coverage (tape, plastic) over the case. And then finally package it all into boxes and Ship to Uk factories so that they can all go disturbute them to local porpriters. Also they probably will start this process after waiting 2-3 weeks after US sales have started. That way they can see A. how many sales were there were, and B. using that number using a ratio of past US to UK sales, they will know roughly how many games they need to convert and Ship (my guess is at least more then 3mil

wtholyf

Mod chip would work but you still need to convert it into PAL. If you don't, the game will be in B&W and the screen will be spazzy. Like i said some realllllllllll easy guides to converting NTSC to PAL just go to google and type in "NTSC to PAL" hope it helps!

skilled keyblada

Re: For all those suffering Europeans!!! I have not GOOD but SPECTACULAR news for you

Bahamut Zero said:
I've got a mod chip, that would work right?
yep im gettin a mod chip for the game

R

Riku's Dawn

I'm not wasting my saved mula on a F-ing mod chip.

skilled keyblada

Re: For all those suffering Europeans!!! I have not GOOD but SPECTACULAR news for you

Riku's Dawn said:
I'm not wasting my saved mula on a F-ing mod chip.
.........saved what... u should if ur in europe or any other country from ameica or i dont know how you are gonna last.

wtholyf

Lol riku you it's about 30 dollars for an entire kit that could last you a life time and make you a rich old man

E

Eclipse

wtholyf said:
I hope this will end all those threads and make the Europeans happy. I've been posting this for a while, but I've never made a thread on it, hopefully this will catch every Europeans eye! (if you don't want to read the background info scroll down to HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS, except it's bolded, note: you probably won't understand why it's good news if you don't read the back up)

First off I believe I should explain why the Europeans need to wait so long. As you all know in 22 days the legendary Kingdom Hearts 2 will come out in the US. However it will not be coming out in the UK, and I've been hearing some people say that it will come out 2-3 months but I'm afraid it's gonna come out bit later then that. Why do I believe this? Did I read it in a magazine? Will before you jump to conclusions I will tell you I did NOT read this from a magazine, but merely used some knowledge I've acquried about the game production buisness. The reason I believe it will take longer, is as some of you may or may not know, The European version of Kh2 is in a different format then the US. Infact, the European Ps2 is different then the US one. Even the TVs are on a different format!!!!! The fact is only 1 other country uses the same format as the US and that is Japan. There are 2 formats for every movie, video game, tv, ps2, xbox etc etc. And those are known as NTSC and PAL, Japan and US have NTSC (but Japan also has PAL, ya it's a funny one). But every other country has PAL (although i bet you could find some NTSC's in the black market). What do the manufacterious do? They take the NTSC English game, and they run it through a program that converts it into pal, for them probably 10-20 minutes per disc , pretty quick eh? try converteing more then 3 million game discs and see if you still manage to surivive for the boredom. Not that you know the background info, HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS, you, just like the factory, can buy a US NTSC game, and convert it into PAL and play it on your PS2! Here's how!

Heres what you can do to get your Kingdom Hearts game in March. 1. Buy the US Kingdom Hearts 2 (NTSC format) next buy the Magic Slide kit, a great program made to load your backups (it's important to make back ups so that you can play them instead and have your orignal game unsctrached so that in your later years the game is worth ALOT). Once you have purchased those two items (50 bucks for KH2 and 30 bucks for Magic Slide kit so 80 bucks in all {remember though, you can use Magic Slide Kit to back up all your games and have your orignal in MINT condition so that when you are old you can sell for a big payoff, note: when you do sell the game you must get rid of the backup}). Go to google and type in, "Backup Ps2 games" you should find some excellent tutorials on how to backup the PS2 game. Once you have a backup put the orignal game into its box and leave it there for the rest of your life letting it gain economical value. Now then once it is aside, Go to google and type in "Convert NTSC to PAL" you should find some excellent tutorials on converting the NTSC signal into the PAL signal. Once you have converted your game, boot it up with Magic Slide, and enjoy! Also if you want to import the US kh2, go to Ebay, people will offer free shipping but charge you about 50-55 dollars for the product. Once you have all the materials the process of making the backup and converting NTSC to PAL should take anywhere between 1.5hrs-4hrs. (note: if you live in the US and you wish to sell your games do not keep the backup as that is not entirely legal, play safe and be smart, and most importantly have fun!)

This is for people who belive it will be out for europeans 2-3 months and dont agree with me, this is why I believe the game will come out later then June, Infact it'll probably be out early-mid August, here's why

you need to factor in the time it takes for them to convert all the games into pal (thas about more then 3mil games at least, a person at home can convert one game disc), then package it into its case, set the cases up with manuals, put coverage (tape, plastic) over the case. And then finally package it all into boxes and Ship to Uk factories so that they can all go disturbute them to local porpriters. Also they probably will start this process after waiting 2-3 weeks after US sales have started. That way they can see A. how many sales were there were, and B. using that number using a ratio of past US to UK sales, they will know roughly how many games they need to convert and Ship (my guess is at least more then 3mil

dude omg there is a much easier solution

almost every importer on this site uses the "slide card" and "swap magic"

it allows you to play imports
doesn't cost much
doesn't make you lose your ps2 warranty
everyone uses it

:D

wtholyf

Lol dude I HAVE swap magic but it still won't work. Swap Magic and the Mod chip was NOT designed to convert NTSC to PAL or vica versa, it was designed to skip the copyright protection so that backup games would work, It is also why you can never play multiplayer when using Swap Magic or the extended Magic Slide Kit and the mod chip. I have much expiernce with Swap Magic and if you go out and buy a PAL game and try to uhse swap magic, your game will boot, however it will be in black and white and the screen will be spazzing out, lol please don't argue this I 've done much research into this and Into the construction of Sony and Microsoft products, not only that but since I've been using multiple products that have not been heard by most I know the process isn't that simple sorry friend but my way works but your way won't soz so in conclusion. oh ya more thing the Magic slide kit, IS SWAP MAGIC AND THE SLID CARD so I have been telling people to use.

Demonolith

Thanks a million for letting me know that!

But what are the chances of the European version having extra features?

Where can I order Magic Slide in the UK?

Color Me Knievel

Sweden's dearly beloved ass
I'm just going to wait for KH2 to come in PAL format, I'm not going to die when waiting.

But wasting extra money on chipping the console or ordering a magic slide will make me die. <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back