• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Foods you simply choose NOT to eat

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

phoenixmiko

Awards
Bananas. I apparently used to love them when I was small because I ate them pretty regularly. However, I must have eaten too many of them as I now cannot even stand the smell of bananas. The scent alone is enough to make me feel nauseous. I have tried to eat one in the past and failed. My gag reflex was too strong.

Other fruit I choose not to eat include lemons, oranges, pineapples, limes, pomegranates, gooseberries, melon and cherries. I do not like those and have tried them, only to find my taste has not changed.

However, one fruit I did not used to like but now like are strawberries. Many people would even react with horror or shock at times when I told them I did not like strawberries because no one could understand how it was possible. I only ever met a few others who did not like them. I tried a strawberry covered in chocolate in 2013 when a dorm-mate made some and was surprised to find I actually liked it. I had never liked the fruit my whole life so far until that point despite trying it on numerous occasions. I figured it was just the chocolate so I tried a strawberry without anything and still liked it. Somewhere down the line, my taste had changed. I still like strawberries to this day.

Other food I choose not to eat includes mushrooms, raw tomatoes, fish with very few exceptions (I hate fish bones and how strong the smell can be), anything spicy, pickled onions and rocket.

Last edited:

TheMostRad

Bananas. I apparently used to love them when I was small because I ate them pretty regularly. However, I must have eaten too many of them as I now cannot even stand the smell of bananas. The scent alone is enough to make me feel nauseous. I have tried to eat one in the past and failed. My gag reflex was too strong.

I had a vaguely similar experience, but with frosting. For my 10th birthday, my parents got my brothers and I a Buzz Lightyear-themed cake, with the face of the cake resembling a cratered lunar surface, complete with a raised crater maybe about half-a-foot high. Looking at it before cutting into it, we assumed that they had baked off a small cupcake of sorts, used that as a base, then frosted around it to form the crater.

It was, instead, made entirely of frosting and food dye.

My brothers and I, ever up for a challenge, dove right into that sweet sweet crater, and within half an hour we came to regret it. The food dye permanently tainted the flavor of frosting for me, and I haven't gone back since.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Most fruits and veggies. Not exactly healthy to be eating junk food, but I just can stand the texture and flavors of fruits. So friggin bland.
(Kind of surprised I’m still as skinny as I am).

Soldier

Awards
Most fruits and veggies. Not exactly healthy to be eating junk food, but I just can stand the texture and flavors of fruits. So friggin bland.
(Kind of surprised I’m still as skinny as I am).
High metabolism, I'm the same way, it won't last long for either of us, trust me.

Shawty

Awards
I'm a very picky eater, always have been. I went vegetarian in June 2016, so almost 3 years ago, but when I did still eat meat I basically didn't eat anything other than chicken, sometimes turkey, and rarely a steak. Hadn't touched pork in 7 years or so right when I went vegetarian because I hated the texture. I have my reasons, health, well being of the animals, and for the planet. I absolutely wouldn't touch meat ever again, I've actually become repulsed by it the same way I still am repulsed by brussel sprouts.

I don't like little things added in my food like onion or carrot. There's this meal I often order from a Thai place around here and it's really good, but I just have to pick out every piece of onion (they add 2 kinds) before I can enjoy it. It's mostly a texture thing because I don't necessarily mind the taste, but when everything in my meal is soft and the onion is kind of "crunchy", I guess, I refuse to eat that. I know I could order it without onion but I always forget to do that.

I'm really picky when it comes to texture. I could love a flavour but hate the texture and therefore also hate the food. I also really don't like anything bitter (hence the brussel sprouts).

xXFALORXx

Awards
I only have two things i dont eat.

The first one is spinach. I once ate it as a kid and threw up because of it, and now even the smell disgusts me.

2. Potatoes(exept fries). I live in germany and we germans eat potatoes with everything. Honestly, I just think I ate enough potatoes for the rest of my life. I'm just sick of the taste ...

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I stopped eating Lay’s Regular Potato Chips and Peanut Butter Cups. I can’t eat either of these without feeling immediately grease afterwards. I’m not sure if it’s because of my age, or it’s something I didn’t notice until I started eating healthier.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Coconut. Nothing tastes good with coconut.

I genuinely feel personally attacked by this comment, and I don't know why.

I don't think I'm particularly fussy. Although as much as I like vegan food, I do not like vegan cheese. Get that in the sea, far away from me.

I also don't care much for tomatoey based pastas. So stuff like Spaghetti Bolognese and such.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I am currently avoiding ice cream. Not because I don't like, but because it makes you fat :<

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I chose to not eat hamburgers or nachos/spaghetti with meat in them.
I'm not a vegan, I've just have had some pretty bad experiences.

Obiewantsanipod

Coconut and eggplants are my archenemies.

I also find Nutella and Reese's to be incredibly overrated.

And don't get me started on pasta.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Dried fruit (especially figs and raisins) need to burn in hell. Dried fruit chips (like banana or apple chips) I can tolerate, albeit only if they're not additionally sweetened, because that's just gross.
Olives also need to stay very, VERY far away from me at all costs. Sometimes even if they just touched something I eat it makes me gag.
Dates. The first time I ate one was when a colleague offered me one of the "good, expensive, exclusive" kind we sold at our shop, and it was so bad that I couldn't even chew it for politeness reasons.

Other than that I can eat most stuff. I don't really eat much meat, I don't eat tuna (and very little fish in general), and am also semi-strict on limiting the amount of eggs and milk I consume.

Wilderness

Awards
I would/do eat almost anything. I wouldn't want to pop a kangaroos testicles in my mouth, but I'm not fussy. I often eat vegetarian or vegan when I'm at home as my Mrs. is vegan, so it's just out of convenience. When at meals, or at work, or out and about I will eat fast food, seafood, any meats, veggies, spicy Korean foods. I'm quite a big lover of food and I cook very well, and I appreciate all different kinds of food on my plate.

I also sometimes enjoy exotic meats. Anyone ever been to Shaka Zulu in Camden, London? I've eaten ostrich, zebra, crocodile, boar, and more. I ate horse in Japan, which was rather delicious.

Back