• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Foods you simply choose NOT to eat

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

Everyone's taste is different, some people love hot spicy food, others enjoy bitter, cold foods. Many cannot tolerate certain foods because they're allergic to them, and subsequently have to avoid said food at all costs depending on the severity of the reaction. But there are people who can eat a type of food but don't largely due to preference, choice or some event surrounding it. So i made a thread to discuss it, after noticing there isn't one (and if there is, it is probably very old, and Soldier isn't a necroposter, that's for sure).

I'll start:
Despite living near the coastline, whenever i go to a seafood restaurant, I always go for the burgers, salads or chicken. There's a good reason for this, and it's due to me raising a lot of what they sell there. During my high school years i was tasked with taking care of Brown Trout, a introduced species to North America to be released in a nearby river. I was simply told "Keep as many alive as possible" as they're REALLY frail fish, barely able to tolerate poor water quality and outright cannibalistic if you don't give them the right amount of food. After a lot of trial and error i kept 600 out of 630 fish alive, losing a lot due to fungal infections, cannibalism and temperature changes that i couldn't control. It was frustrating, but worth it in the end, and i did the one thing you shouldn't do when raising animals meant for consumption: Bond with them. I empathized with their frailty as I too felt like that at times, and genuinely appreciated them spraying 15 degree Celsius water into my face while feeding them. As a result, i refused to eat any member of the salmonid family (trout included) and this eventually branched out to all bony fish. I also cared for blue lobsters and hermit crabs, and grew to appreciate their overall grouchiness (they're just like cats, except they have gills!) so that crossed off all crustaceans. In time, i began to oppose eating anything that came from any body of water, sticking to the regular, farm processed meats.

So what about you? what food do you refuse to eat? Any specific reason why?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm a very picky eater. It sucks. Pickiness is based on genetics, and some of my genes, like TAS2R38, just isn't fully developed.

Friends: Let's get sushi!
Me: I hate sushi.

Friends: Let's get Indian or Thai food!
Me: I hate Indian or Thai food!

Friends: Let's do Italian!
Me: They better have pizza or at least chicken parm.

I really try my best and I have tried most things I don't like. I'm not a bad eater though. I stay away from fatty or unhealthy foods. I won't do high sugar foods either. It's a blessing and a curse. It's just something I live with everyday.

ImVentus

Awards
Well for I could eat from McDonalds or Burger King but I refuse to do so. I'm too focused on my diet.
Also when it comes to meat, I absolutely refuse to ever eat veal or lamb. Don't ask why.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Corn, rice, or peas (unless they're in soup). I'm not fond of spicy foods, etc. I don't like Mexican food at all. All those beans and rice and sauce. Just makes me gag looking at it.

Eating oysters and crab/lobster kind of creeps me out, tbh.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
This is a tough one because I'm not really a picky eater. I tend to stay away from spicy food, though, so food like chipotles and any pepper higher on the spice scale. But that's probably the only thing I can think of that I would actually go out of my way to not eat. Everything else is fair game. Now, if you were to ask me when I was 10 or so, you'd get a very different answer. xD

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I refuse to eat hot dogs, chicken breasts, and grilled cheese sandwiches the majority of the time.

I remember eating hot dogs a lot growing up because, it used to be my favorite food to eat for my birthday with mac n' cheese. By the time I was eight, I started wondering what 'hot dogs' were made out of. And with my imagination at eight years old, I thought they were made out of squirrels. lmao. I know they're not made out of squirrels, but as a kid, I was horrified by my own imagination. The other reason I don't like hot dogs is because, some of the brands keep the skin portion on them, and it's always chewy to me. Therefore, I stick to burgers whenever it's an option.

Chicken breasts & grilled cheese sandwiches is something I simply don't like to eat. I don't particular like the taste of either of them.

Pokie

I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but if I have the choice not to eat any lamb, beef, fish or chicken. Going to say no to those foods.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Okra, chitterlings (AKA, chitlins), wasabi, and boiled eggs (if by themselves). Those are my top 4. I usually eat most things and will try most things once or twice. Obviously, I will avoid generally distasteful foods that almost no one eats.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i’m not big into seafood and i dont like shit undercooked. also i cut all excess carbs and sugar from my diet, dont need that bs.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I have issues with the consistency of certain things that I know are merely mind over matter. Eating straight pudding / Jell-O just feels wrong (no Cosby jokes, plz), like I'm eating globs of fat off of the spoon, the irony being they're easily some of the more fat-free desserts.

Toss some tapioca in it and I'm fine though! I'm still surprised that I love tapioca and bubble tea so much despite their little globular, chewy forms.

I remember eating hot dogs a lot growing up because, it used to be my favorite food to eat for my birthday with mac n' cheese. By the time I was eight, I started wondering what 'hot dogs' were made out of. And with my imagination at eight years old, I thought they were made out of squirrels. lmao. I know they're not made out of squirrels, but as a kid, I was horrified by my own imagination. The other reason I don't like hot dogs is because, some of the brands keep the skin portion on them, and it's always chewy to me. Therefore, I stick to burgers whenever it's an option.

I've started opting for veggie dogs when my occasional 8-year-old self commandeers my stomach. I'm no vegetarian, but eating meat is revolting when you think about it, nevermind the psychological warfare ground up bits of gristle and whatever the f*ck have you bring. Might as well call them carrion dogs. I always opt for Fletcher's corny dogs at the fair. They taste the same if not better, out of sheer peace of mind.

Veevee

Awards
I don't eat ham or bacon or anything that contains one of these things (like Cordon Bleu). Not because I don't like it, but because when I was little, my brother brought a pizza that had at least 3 layers of ham stacked over each other and it was so gross that I can't shake off that feeling anymore and it comes back whenever I see ham. Other than that, I do not really like meat except for chicken (which I love) and I'm disgusted by raw meat, so I couldn't swallow anything that's not 120% cooked. In general, I don't really eat meat anymore and since I've stopped my lazy lifestyle and completely gave up fridge food, I feel much better. It's actually amazing, I never thought it would make that much of a difference, but well, it does, so during workdays I only eat vegetarian food and only allow myself to eat chicken on Saturday and Sunday.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I use to love always eating Flamin' Hot cheetos, but I choose not to eat them because the last few times I did I almost threw up. I didn't even eat large amounts and I felt excruciating pain. So I stopped. If they didn't harm me, I would still eat them.

Meow Wow

Awards
-Seafoods/shellfish, I just don't really like it. It's not bad but it's just meh
-Onions, UNLESS it is incorporated in the food where you generally won't notice it.
-Hot dogs, do I need to explain?
-American Cheese, its the fakest cheese out there. I love cheese but I like real cheese.
-Steaks, I like the flavor of the meat when it's marinated right but I don't like the texture or chewiness of steaks themselves, which is probably a result of how cooked it is. But I also think that they're WAY overpriced.
-McDonalds(everything) but specifically their sausage and egg breakfast sandwich. When I was little I had one, got sick right afterwards... never again... same goes for cream cheese. I got sick from eating cream cheese when I was also little and I've never had an appetite for cream cheese again.

Beyond that it really just would be foods that I don't like.

Squall Strife

Nothing is really coming to mind. I'm open minded about the different cuisines around the world to try them.

shady543

Awards
I'm actually that weird eater who loves foods a lot of people hate like olives, peanut butter, pineapple on pizza, etc. But I have a weird thing for really hating fake strawberry in dairy. More so the milk than anything else. Even the smell I can't stand, and I can't stand the smell in things like fragrances or in body washes. xD

I also can't stand steak. I just don't like it rare. And if there is blood it's even worse. But I tend to not eat a huge amount of meat anyway (mostly red) and stick to chicken. I also can't stand spicy foods (pretty weak to spice and can't have chilly, not even a small amount) and never got the love for pepperoni pizza.

Also as much as I love cheese, I can not stand the fake cheese you get from fastfood places like Mcdonalds. The smell is also gross too. Anyone who eats mac and cheese that you can make instantly needs to get away from me.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Also as much as I love cheese, I can not stand the fake cheese you get from fastfood places like Mcdonalds. The smell is also gross too. Anyone who eats mac and cheese that you can make instantly needs to get away from me.

You just attacked the entirety of the U.S. college population.

Back