• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FM Cutscenes Rather Lacking?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
I don't know if it's just me... But after reading the novels that went into details about the organization I was expecting a lot more... Other then a few lines that were interesting they seemed to reveal pretty much nothing important. It added a few lines of closure but with all that time they put into it, I don't know... I guess it would have been nice then like 5 scenes all taking place in the same room.

I guess I was just expecting more depth to the characters, I still feel like a bunch of them (especially Demyx) were still under developed. Where was the Demyx vs Hades scene Square Enix!? WHERE!?

T

Tyler Durden

not everybody has read the novels. I, for one, haven't.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
I never said everyone has, I was just saying the novels add a ton of depth to the characters and the stories in them SHOULD have been put into Final Mix for that reason, not many people are able to read them. They took a few scenes but a lot were missing and (As Xaldin as told some fellow forumites) it explains a lot. For instance it explains Demyx running away and screaming in The Underworld. He had tried to fight Hades but wasn't able to summon his water clones around him.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
^Aw, man. That would've been awesome. Demyx versus Hades. I can just imagine the wonderful lines that could come out of the mouth of the great James Woods.

Anyway, I kind of understand what Americo is saying. I too was kind of expecting more from the Org.

T

Tyler Durden

Puck, I honestly don't care what you think. You always complain about Nomura, KHII, and FM+

But Americo, how much more time did you want them to spend on new cutscenes? Plus, there's only so much one disc can hold.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
As long as they can to make good cutscenes? It's not really hard, they were mostly half assed. If Final Mix had been released in place of KH2 it would have been a much better game but with all the wait the ONLY good thing to come out of Final Mix is Re:COM. The secret ending was nice but on the game itself it was still lackluster. The plot was still retarded and the overall game was blah.

There is no way they could have spent very long on the cutscenes in Final Mix. Except for like two, they all took place in the same room. 90% of the characters were organization members with their hoods up, so there was no need for facial animations or syncing the speech up with the characters mouth. Once more Nomura failed to flesh out the organization. The villains are still nothing more then filler that is there so you can beat up on something. If your in the organization and you aren't Axel, Xemnas or Roxas, Nomura doesn't give a damn about you.

Cyypher100

Demyx was defiently the 2nd/3rd best of the org chars, if anyone else was fleshed out, i would hope it would be him. But all the org members deserve to be made more human.

stratusX

I definetley agree that the Org wasn't as fleshed out as we would have liked. They put all of the good parts in the novels so that people will spend more money ^_^

RikuHeroOfDark

Rebirth of Twilight
Americo said:
If your in the organization and you aren't Axel, Xemnas or Roxas, Nomura doesn't give a damn about you.
That alone is worthy of rep. XD

Nomoura could care less about any character in the org. except for Xemnas, Roxas, and Axel. Everyone else had no char. development at all and even those three had limited development.

Water Dancer

dark hero's right. a DVD disc can hold only acouple of GB at the most. how are they expected to detail EVERY Organization character? The only way they could do it is by having 2-3 discs and that would just be a huge hassle having to change disc every time you want to go to a different world. thats why they have the novel but sadly Noruma hasnt decided to release it world wide which is a rather stupid move (no offence to Noruma)

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Bull. They could have put so much more in the games, the game did not take up that much room. I have played so many games that have had over 2-3 times what this game had.

Water Dancer

Bull. They could have put so much more in the games, the game did not take up that much room. I have played so many games that have had over 2-3 times what this game had.

Every thought they were using a different program than Square enix's OR that Square Enix is running out of money because of all the really really good games they put so much effort into? :closedeyes:

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Every thought they were using a different program than Square enix's OR that Square Enix is running out of money because of all the really really good games they put so much effort into? :closedeyes:
Yeah, Square Enix is REALLY running out of money. There is no way they are making tons of freaking profit off of all the Final Fantasy spin offs or the KH series. None at all. Square has more money then they know what to do with, it's just simple as this, Nomura is a horrible character developer. Unless it's a main character he doesn't seem to know what to do with them. He does it to every side-character or villain it seems. He leaves as much to be unexplained so he can milk it for all its worth in countless spin offs and prequals.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Americo from what I've read you seem like you hate KH2. You were basically complaining about everything, maybe they made the novel to make a profit out of it, because the disc could not hold all that your heart desires and to extend the characters which the game alone could not portray.

Water Dancer

Sony and microsoft loose bout 200 odd dollars when a playstation or xbox is sold. because to make one costs WAY much more than the selling price (amazingly) i kinda wouldnt be surprised if Square enix was in the same trouble

oh and no need for sarcasm!

Last edited:

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
I'm far from hating KH2, I'm just not stupid and blind enough to not notice it's flaws.

And are you retarded? First on the PS3 is the only system in which Sony was losing money with each one made. Any company that put out a game on the Ps3 had to sell around 50,000 copies to make a solid profit. Second Square Enix is NOT Sony. Third, Square Enix is putting games out on the Ps2, one of the most succesful systems ever. Fourth, they made so much profit on KH1, KH2, Final Fantasy 12 and Final Fantasy 11. Square is no where NEAR having no money. That's also not including all the money the Enix part has made with the Dragon Quest series.

Stating that Nomura couldn't make cutscenes which explained more of the characters because Square Enix was "running out of money" is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

Water Dancer

I'm far from hating KH2, I'm just not stupid and blind enough to not notice it's flaws.

And are you retarded? First on the PS3 is the only system in which Sony was losing money with each one made. Any company that put out a game on the Ps3 had to sell around 50,000 copies to make a solid profit. Second Square Enix is NOT Sony. Third, Square Enix is putting games out on the Ps2, one of the most succesful systems ever. Fourth, they made so much profit on KH1, KH2, Final Fantasy 12 and Final Fantasy 11. Square is no where NEAR having no money. That's also not including all the money the Enix part has made with the Dragon Quest series.

Stating that Nomura couldn't make cutscenes which explained more of the characters because Square Enix was "running out of money" is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

lol dude its just a thought :closedeyes: , and of corse sqaure enix aint with sony! i aint that retarded!

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Then the point is retarded. Square Enix has already made more then enough profit with the Kingdom Hearts series, they are just mediocre (like most of Nomura's projects) but they have a certain art style and "hype" meter that no matter how decent they are you keep playing. I'm not saying KH2 is bad (it's nothing epic) but the story is horrible, especially the character development. If you can honestly tell me the two scenes (each around 20 seconds) that Demyx is in, or the few scenes Xaldin and Luxord are in really do justice to their characters, then you deserve the special helmet.

Water Dancer

yea your right. i too would of liked to see more of luxord. he looks like one of those bikers who sits in a pub all day playing cards :lol: and of corse Demyx (points at avitar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back