• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Flying on the Wings Of Destiny (please read!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Cloud

in a shadow waiting for the dark to take me
Website
s13.invisionfree.com
This is my first story so....DONT HURT ME!!!!!!!!

Chapter One: The Two meet

The boy walked down the road in the pitch blackness. He had been walking for two days now after he had almost been caught after stealing some food in the last town. He was becoming a legend, someone everyone talked about in bars. He smiled at this and wondered where he was going to sleep tonight. He looked off the road and searched for somewhere that he might sleep. He saw a leafy tree whos branches couldnt be seen from anywhere except directly below it and decided that was as good a place as any. He made sure he wasnt being watched and sprinted to it. The boy then jumped to a fairly large rock and used it to gain height so he could jump to the lowest branch in the tree. He pulled himself up on that one and then climbed from it to another and another until he was fairly high up in the tree. Then he put his hands behind his head. He couldnt fall asleep. "I havent slept for two days and I'm still not tired!" His mind drifted back to what had happened in the last town.

FLASHBACK

He jumped from rooftop to rooftop with great agility, running from the people. "ITS JUST A STUPID PIECE OF FRUIT!!!!!!", H yelled. There was a huge surging crowd of people following him on the ground. "WHY DONT YOU PEOPLE GO FIND A JEWEL THIEF TO ARREST?!?!?!?!", He yelled. He pulled out the fruit and defiantly took another bite, making sure he was in full view of the people. If he left the village, they'd probably pursue him for miles. That was one thing that he definitely did NOT have the energy for. He got a sudden idea and ran to the last building in the village. He jumped off and opened the wings he'd been concealing under his cloak. (These wings were unusual because they didnt match. One was a black bat wing, and one was a white angel wing.) Then he flew up in the air, and pointed his palm at the ground, effectively freezing it over. He dropped back to the ground and, in the confusion caused by everyone seeing a boy with wings, and everyone else falling because of the slippery floor, he managed to get away. He ran into the woods bordering the village and heaved a sigh of relief. "That was close. VERY close." He put the cloak back over his wings and started walking down the road

END FLASHBACK

That had been two days ago. After the first day he had gotten out of the forest, and was glad for it. The place had made him extremely uneasy. He had been walking along the road ever since, looking for another town to live in before inevitably moving on yet again. Boy, the life of a wandering thief was tough. He soon fell asleep. He woke up the next day to hear someone calling to him. "What're you doin up a tree?!?!?!" This startled him enough so that he jumped. And fell out of the tree. He got up and rubbed the back of his head. He looked up to see an about 14-year old girl-his age- with a bow across her back and two sword sheaths at her side and short blue hair. "Ow..... Who're you?", he questioned. She looked down at him with curious eyes. "My name is Serene" then she held out her hand. To her, he looked pretty bad. He had long blonde hair, a blue cloak, gloves on his hands, and two Daggers at his sides. He also had a large staff on his back. He looked at her and decided that she seemed pretty trustworthy.....or dim-witted. Either way he could trust her. He held out his hand and looked her right in the eyes. "My name is Reizo"

Reizo: http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/7422/trie5vw.png

Serene: http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/8311/2039rivierathepromisedlandu013.png

Last edited:

angel princess

You know the voice inside your head? The one with
Website
s10.invisionfree.com
I like where it's going.... maybe a bit more in depth on Reizo's past... where'd the powers/wings come from, why are the wings different, etc. Unless... that's to come? ^^
And then paragraphs would be nice. Between dialouge changes at least. And you don't need so much punctuation. Words are nicer. Instead of, "What the heck?!?!?!?!?!" There's always, "What the heck?!" he shouted. A little easier on the eyes, for one thing, and nicer to read for another.
Also, type it in Word and then copy and paste. Helps with grammar/spelling errors you might miss.
Otherwise, I like this fic. And intend to follow it....

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I proof read it. It's okay. Try to add a bit more detail next time

King Cloud

Website
s13.invisionfree.com
Re: Flying on the Wings Of Destiny

THANK YOU ALL!!!! WOOOOOO.....NEXT CHAPTER TIME!!!

Chapter Two: Reizo's Past

"please?" "no." "please?" "no." "please?" "no!" "please?" "LOOK YOU CANT COME WITH ME AND THATS FINAL!!", he yelled. Serene had been begging him for three hours to stay with him. "Oh come ON!!! My parents just died and I have nowhere to go!!! And I dont know ANYTHING about traveling on the road!" She wailed. "Well I'm sure you can find someone much better to go with than me!!!" He yelled back. "But...its not safe to just go asking people if you can go with them! besides, its not safe to be traveling alone around here!" She yelled back. Tihs was starting to really annoy Reizo. "Yknow what? I dont think you get it. You wouldnt be able to survive living with me. I hardly ever eat anything, for one, and then theres the fact that I'm a thief and wanted everywhere in this country.....with a fairly large bounty on my head I might add...You wouldn't be able to keep up." He said this rather matter of factly and that really infuriated Serene. "What are you trying to say?! That because I'm a girl I cant do anything you can?!" She screamed at him. "ummm no, actually thats not what I-" "I CAN DO ANYTHING YOU CAN!!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. This wasnt going well, Reizo knew that if he didnt get rid of her soon, he'd probably be stuck with her. So he did the simplest thing he could think of. "OH MY GOD!!! WHAT'S THAT?!" He pointed frantically behind her and she turned. When she turned back he was gone.

Serene's P.O.V.
"oh.....he's good...." Then she folded her arms and sighed. The other people she had tried had done this same thing. With a few variations of course. She remembered that the last guy had seemed to just vanish into thin air. Serene knew that the only thing left was to follow the road and hope she got to a town. She walked along the road in annoyance. She wondered if he knew that she was a thief too.....she had been too mad before to tell hmi that. She figured it probably didnt matter anyways. Serene walked down the road in complete boredom mixed with annoyance. (2 HOURS LATER) Serene was at the front gates. She had found a small village that she could stay the night at. Serene was walking towards the Inn when she couldnt help but see one of those magic fruit that make you full after one bite in a window to a room in a place called "The Love Hotel". She began to think If I had THAT, then I wouldn't need any money! I know! I'll steal it. And with that, she set off to steal it but she knew she would have to wait until nightfall because...well...you just dont steal something in the middle of the day. its just not done.

Reizo's P.O.V.

He waited until she passed and heaved a sigh of relief. "Wow I can't believe that worked! that never works!" He jumped back into the top of the tree and made sure she was really gone and decided that he might find something in the next town. He took a roundabout way off the road to make sure he didnt meet anyone. When he finally reached the town it was about noon and he was hungry. He was walking down the middle of the town and guess what he happened to see? One of those magical fruit that allows you to become full with just one bite in someone's window. The very same one that Serene had seen. He knew he had to have it if he was to have ANYTHING to eat, he would have to get that fruit. He decided to wait it out in an alley till nightfall though and accidentally fell asleep.

FLASHBACK

A baby is seen lying on a porch in a baby-sized robe in a basket crying. A blonde haired woman in a red dress and apron opens the door and looks down. "Oh! what an adorable baby!" Then she looked around and saw the note lying on top of him. She picked it up and started reading it.

Please take care of our son and give him a good home. He is....abnormal but we cannot keep him.

She looked at the boy and noticed he had two completely different wings. "I shall call you.....Reizo." Then the woman walked back inside the door. (COMMERCIAL BREAK LOL)

OTHER FLASHBACK (lol)

Woman is seen standing in front of Reizo (looks about 5 years old) with her arms outstretched in a protective stance with a man in front of her. "You cant harm him!" She said defiantly. The man sneered "why not? that little freak deserves to die!" At this Reizo jumped forward "YOU CANT HURT MY MOMMY!" (just for the record, he knows that shes not his real mom already. He just calls her that because she always takes care of him and all that good stuff lol) He yelled, closed his eyes, and started hitting the man in pure fury. In another few seconds, the man was frozen solid. Reizo turned around to his mother with quivering eyes. "I...I didnt mean it....." He whimpered. She ran up to him and gave him a hug "I know...but...how did you do that?" she wondered aloud while staring at the frozen man. "I dont know....." (this was the first time he had ever done something like that...if you dont realise it by everyones "wtf?" hints lol) Outside, there was a bunch of bandits with oilcans and matches and I really dont think they were planning a bonfire. They set the house on fire. Reizo and his mother managed to get out. "RUN REIZO!" She screamed, because she couldnt run as fast as he could. "I'll be right behind you!". Reizo ran into the forest to wait for her. She never came. He returned to the village to find that everything had been destroyed. All because of him. All because of his stupid wings.

END FLASHBACK

Reizo opened his eyes to pitch blackness. It was time to steal that fruit.

Serene's P.O.V.

Serene looked up. It had to be about 9:00 and it was going to be VERY dark tonight. it was time to steal that fruit.

Last edited:

King Cloud

Website
s13.invisionfree.com
Chapter Three: The Two Meet....again

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Reizo jumped to his feet and looked up. It was getting dark and whoever owned that room would probably be out partying or something...it WAS the LOVE hotel after all. He was in the alleyway right under the window and he jumped to the wall of the other building, then wall-kicked his way into the window. He put his hand out for the fruit and hit another hand at the same time. "huh? SERENE?!"

Serene's P.O.V.

Serene ran into an alleyway and made sure no one was watching. This would require some finesse. She looked around again nervously and said a few words under her breath. She was then zapped into the room. She reached out to grab the fruit but her hand hit someone else's "huh? REIZO?!"

Back To Reizo

Reizo jumped back and pulled out his daggers in one swift movement. "What are YOU doing here?" he hissed. She looked back at him "I should be asking YOU the same question." He rolled his eyes and snatched the fruit up from the table. "I'll be taking this..." He said. She grabbed his hand and looked up at him "actually I believe this is mine." She said cooly. He snatched his hand back and got into battle stance. "Wanna fight over it?" He said, just as cooly as she had. "She pulled out her swords and replied "Gladly.". Reizo ran up to her in a burst of speed and swiped at her neck. She jumped back and used his moment of off-blance to swipe forward at him. He countered this with his other dagger and sweeped the floor with his leg, knocking her over. "Looks like I win" He said smugly. Then the doorknob turned. "Oh crap" They both said at the same time. "hmmmm.....I am not gonna like this at all" He said.

Honeymooners P.O.V. XD

They opened the door to see two kids kissing. "huh? excuse me, this is our room", the two honeymooning people said. "oh..." the young boy with blonde hair said. "sorry we thought it was ours.", The blue-haired girl said. Then the young boy and the girl walked out of the room and the honeymooning couple walked in and closed the door again.

Reizo

Reizo walked out of the door and sighed in relief. "That was close..." he said aloud. WHACK. Then Serene slapped him. "Ow...." he said, holding his face. "What'd you do THAT for?!". "She looked at him with a look of utmost fury "WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WAS FOR?!" She yelled. "Well the next time I think of saving you, I'll be sure to save myself instead." Then he started walking away but turned around. "Oh and by the way, if I ever see you again, I'll be sure to tell you how the fruit tastes" He held out the fruit in his hand and laughed. She stared at him "Wow....you're an even better thief than I am!" He looked back at her and grinned "I know." He turned back and continued walking. She looked at him and sighed "I guess I'll go back to wandering...." She said sadly. "You do that", he replied "Alone...." she said even more depressingly. "You have fun with that" He said cheerfully. At this she looked down, muttered the word "heartless", and started walking away. She got halfway down the hallway before he turned around and said "fine". she moved so fast that she just seemed to appear behind him o_O;; "really?!" she said gleefully. "....I am so gonna regret this", he mumbled to himself and then said, louder "yes you can come....I didnt know you were in that room without me hearing you so you must at least be good at sneaking around.....so yeah you can..." At this she ran up and hugged him and squealed "thank you thank you thank you!" He looked down at her hugging him and sighed. "This is going to end badly I just know it."
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

End Chapter Three

Last edited:

Oathkeeper15

Thats awesome moonshine, good work. You gotta continue it!! or else!! DUN DUN DUN *hand is on pistol* j/k j/k. but good job ^^

King Cloud

Website
s13.invisionfree.com
The Much anticipated Chapter Four is here!

Chapter Four: Fire and Ice

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
"so where are we going?" "must you keep asking that?" Reizo and Serene had just been idly walking for hours and it was about noon. Not to mention Serene was being very, very annoying. "So you mean we dont know where we're going?" She asked yet AGAIN. "no we dont know where we're going. we're wanderers. SO STOP TALKING AND WANDER!" He yelled that last part. "Well okay, Mr Grumpy", She replied angrily. Reizo put his hands behind his back lazily and continued walking in the random direction they'd been going since yesterday night. Reizo noticed quite a few men coming towards them from ahead. He ignored them and continued walking. They also continued walking and soon the two groups were about 3 feet from each other. There were about 20 men and the one in the middle seemed to be in charge since he was wearing a large helmet with feathers draped down the sides. He spoke up first "isn't it a little dangerous for two children to be walking around so far from any city or town all alone?" at this some of the men tightened their grip on their weapons and grinned wickedly. Reizo looked back at him and responded emotionlessly "what business of yours is that?" This seemed to startle quite a few of the men but the leader responded "Oh I think you'll find it IS our business" At this some of the men rushed forward. Reizo sighed and pulled out his daggers. Serene looked genuinely frightened. Reizo twirled the daggers on his fingers and seemed to just disappear. He appeared again behind them kneeling down. The first four men fell down, their throats cut. "Who else wants to die?" He said, just as emotionlessly as before. At this point, the rest of the men ran forward. Reizo jumped back and threw dagger-sharp icicles at them. That only left the leader. "Well it seems we can go." The leader gave him a look of pure hatred and said "it looks that way..." Serene seemed to have been struck dumb by what just happened. "Cmon Serene, we should get going before the sun goes down." he looked back at her, grabbed her hand, and pulled her away.

Serene looked at him wide-eyed "how did you-you just-I mean" she couldnt stop stammering. He laughed and said "how did I do that?" She nodded her head quickly. "Practice. and training. lots and lots of training", he continued. Serene laughed "but....wait....what about those little blue dagger...things?" she said, puzzled. "You mean the icicles?" He said with his own dose of puzzlement. "Oh thats right! I never told you" He said, and then continued. "I have...some power over ice. I can make it out of the moisture in the air." He demonstrated by creating an ice sculpture of himself and moving it around in midair. She laughed and said "you know this is an odd coincidence" She held up her hand and a flame appeared an inch above her palm. She pointed her open palm at the ice sculpture and melted it with a blast of fire. Reizo ducked and the fire narrowly missed singing his hair. "Ummm I think you need a bit more practice with that power of yours" He said. "Oh yeah well even at this level, fire beats ice any day" She replied hotly. "Why dont we test out that theory of yours?" he said coolly. Then he dropped all his weapons on the ground and his hands started glowing blue. Serene nodded, grinned, then dropped her weapons, and her hands started glowing red. By this time they were standing just inside a grove of huge trees.

Serene threw a fire ball at Reizo and he countered by throwing a ball of ice. The result was an explosion of steam. When the steam cleared, Reizo was gone. Serene looked around in thought. Suddenly she turned and fired a straight shot of flame behind her to counter the blast of ice that she knew was coming. The result was yet another puff of steam and Reizo was gone again. Serene heard something and spun around, firing another ball of flame but the person there wasn't Reizo. "Oops!" she said, wide-eyed. Reizo came out of nowhere and tackled the person to the ground, as the fireball exploded exactly where the person had been one second before. Reizo got up and realised it was a girl. "Hi.....uhhh....sorry about that..." he said, before taking her hand and helping her up. Then Serene walked over "Ummm....sorry I almost toasted you...so who are you, anyways?" The girl looked up and said "My name's....Kitty"
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Kitty: http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2973/riv124ld.jpg

end Chapter Four

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back