• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Flight of the Conchords

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Flight of the Conchords is a comedy band from New Zealand. They recently finished up the first season of their TV show on HBO and they won a Grammy for best comedy band of 2008. Their material is mostly loose parody, imitating artists such as Prince, David Bowie, and The Pet Shop Boys, or sometimes just a certain genre or era. A good chunk of their stuff seems to be pretty originally-inspired, though.

Have any of you guys heard of them? If not, I highly reccommend checking out some of the videos below, because I think that they're very funny. I also think their music is a nice change of pace with all of this sado-masochistic music like Dir En Gray that's popular, nowadays...

YouTube - The Humans Are Dead - Full version
YouTube - Flight of the Conchords - Business Time S01 EP05
YouTube - Flight of the Conchords Ep 4 If You're Into It
YouTube - Flight of the Conchords- I'm Not Crying Ep 1
YouTube - Flight of the Conchords Ep2 Inner City Pressure
YouTube - Flight of the Conchords - You're So Beautiful Ep 1
And finally, Bret's Angry Dance:
YouTube - Flight of the Conchords Ep 12 Bret's Angry Dance

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
It's On Demand with our cable provider, and my mum watched two episodes, which she thought were hilarious. Though she showed us a random episode (the one where Brett gets a girlfriend) and it was pretty crappy. I hope that's just a one off, I might watch some other episodes later.

<3

Call me Love, love.
OMG! I love them! There on TV here in auzzie. I love them. My sister showed me it and I cracked myself laughing when I first heard them. The first one I heard of It's Business Time.

<3

Call me Love, love.
Yeah they are deffenatly the funnist band I have ever heard.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
I think that they're up there with Tenacious D. They're humor's pretty different, but their music's equally good. You can tell that both bands really put a lot of effort into making their stuff sound good.

<3

Call me Love, love.
Yeah both my sister and good friend love Tenacious D. I swear there always high when they write their songs lol

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Yeah, it's kind of got a weird, foreign feel to it, but once you settle into it, the humor really picks up. The songs are definitely the best part.

Not foreign. I'd lived in New Zealand for two years and the humour is pretty similar to British humour anyway.

But, uh, I'll watch some tonight.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Oh. Well, it's foreign to us Americans. Though, not quite as foreign-seeming as say, Monty Python...I dunno, it just has more of an American feel to it. I wonder if they've lived in America for some time. : P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back