• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

First Try

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

saix-insanefan

Okay, so I downloaded GIMP software to my computer a week ago and I've been doing some experiments with it. I'm okay, but I'm not that great. Here are some pieces I've done... like I said, I'm not that good -_-

Please tell me what you think!

youngshiki.jpg

shikiakira.jpg

yaoicut1.jpg

Last edited:

june

I think that lin should more at the center of the image, because with those lines, you focus your eyes at the sky, and not at her face

saix-insanefan

TThanks so much everyone for all your opinions! I'm hoping to get better with GIMP soon. I have one more to show you all and this time... it's a set ^^:

egoist-avi.png

junjou-egoist.png

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Very good for a first try! :D :D :D

Your stock placement is wonderful.

The one thing I would try to stop, is the rough texture on all of them.And the things that are sometimes blocking the stock doesn't do it any good. (Looks like some sort of fractral but isn't sure*

:3

And one more thing, I am going to suggest you try out using gradient maps, (or ajustment layers) whatever gimp has.

I'm not saying it's bad you didn't use these things, just that trying them, I'm pretty sure.

*has no clue about gimp*

So yea. :3

Any help or anything lemme know! :D

Last edited:

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Again, there's stuff blocking the stock image. Especially that white stuff in front. And the lines dont' always flow with the image. (For me, it'd be either downward where he's looking, or left, where is what direction he's in.)

But hey, again for a beginner, it looks nice.

Keep it up. i see potential. :3

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
It's good but there is too much stuff over the image. I can barely see it. But great job for a beginner, keep up the good work.

saix-insanefan

Sorry guys, but like I said, I'm still a beginner and trying to get the hang of this. Here's something that's very simple. I made this set for a friend last night on Aarinfantasy. Hopefully, it's more suiting and I know it's a picture I used before... I'm trying so hard to get this right! *yanks hair*

tnc-stars-avi.png

tnc-stars4.png

Last edited:

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
i know that's perfectly fine. i am just giving you advice. :3

And for that, that looks great. i seriously think you should messa round with the colors a littl ebit there. :3

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Ugh, Yaoi *shivers* But that one is good but the tag is sort of..lacking. But you are getting the hang of this quick. Keep trying and you'll get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back