first job

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Tayss

Awards
What was your first official job? How did you get it?

Tartarus

Villain by Necessity
Awards
  • Fairest of them All
  • Nothing's Like Before
My first job was at a restaurant. The way I've got nearly every job I've had so far is applying online and then calling the place in question, asking to speak to the manager to ask if they've received my application or (if the manager's not there) I'll ask whoever's answering the phone to leave my name and number for the manager.

It's so completely random how you get hired sometimes. For lower level jobs, almost every interview I've had the interviewer seemed as if they hadn't even looked at my application and I doubt they ever call your references. I think most managers are so busy, they find it a relief when somebody calls because it means they don't have to look people up in their system and call them themselves. Plus, it shows initiative and that you really want the job.

Zettaflare

Ice Queen
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • Nothing's Like Before
My first and current job is that of a personal assistant for a investment company. I did have two other jobs though. The second being an aid and the third as a City Carrier Assistant. Neither of those worked out for different reasons and I always ended up back as an assistant.

One of my resolutions of 2019 is to find a better job that actually sticks.

SoulXaldin

Awards
  • Vulpes Union
  • 15th Anniversary
  • The World Ends With Tunes
Lol this one is so funny: my first and current job is at this bike shop that has 3 locations throughout my city, and I work in the one that gets the most traffic. The only thing I ever did to get the job was walk in when the boss called me after hearing my brother put in a recommendation in for me. Once I met my boss, she gave me a uniform and my fellow employees just helped learn the ropes. I had to fill out some papers afterwards, but I basically got the job. :biggrin::tongue:

Last edited:

Nesster

Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
My first job was at Chic-fil-A. It wasn't bad since I worked with some cool people who had similar hobbies, but I'm glad that I will never have to work for a fast food restaurant again. At least, I hope not... lol.

Jacky

Awards
My first job was hostess at a restaurant.

Rodin

Awards
I worked at my dad's auto parts store as a stockperson/cashier.

kylemurray

Awards
My first job was a kitchen assistant in one restaurant. I learned to clean the vegetables so that you cannot imagine for yourself. Thanks to this work, I used to communicate with people a little.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Keyblade Master
  • News Hound
  • Retired Staff
A summer camp counselor. I mostly got the job because I went to the same camp when I was a kid and they remembered me.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Tomb Raider
My first technical job was a work experience stint at an Alzheimer clinic here while I was in my fifth year at school, so about eight or so years ago. It was pretty depressing - as you might expect. We would pick up people who could barely remember 5 minutes. One woman was particularly bad. She was colouring, and asking who was picking her up. When I told her it was her daughter, she would say she didn't have one, even though she'd greet us as we picked her up and such.

My first paying job was for the university I was at. You know those people who call you up and ask if you want to give more money to the university, because you clearly haven't spent enough already? That was my job. I'd phone up, and try to get a donation. Worked enough, I guess, I made the University nearly £3000 over the month I worked there.

Aside from that, I also worked in a Student Enquiries aspect of my university, and got fired because my manager was the equivalent of a stubbed toe who didn't train me at all, and got angry when I asked questions. I've also worked for Marks and Spencer and I'm currently working in car insurance.

Klatan

Awards
Wow, there are so many copywriters. Well, I am one of you. I am working for https://studymoose.com/ and write essays and term papers on political and social themes. I am a student myself and this is the only work I have ever done.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
My first job was at an amusement park, a pretty famous one, too. Cedar Point. I worked as an arcade attendant. I got the job because one of my high school friends worked there over the summer and asked if I wanted to work with him. We were also roommates there.

KurtisB

Awards
Hello!

My first job was an assistance of company owner.

I just sent my CV to get this job and pass an interview:)

Trunks

Bronze Member
Awards
First job was at UPS, loading boxes on trucks for delivery. Had to stack boxes from the ground all the way up to the top of the truck and repeat until the whole truck was filled up. Physical job that made good exercise and keeps you in shape.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Sales Associate at Shopper's Drug Mart. I got it just by throwing out resumes left and right. It suuuuuuuuuucked. The staff had a very "them vs us" mentality when it came to the older and more experienced employees (mostly supervisors) vs new hires (even though I'd been there for a year).