• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

First Job

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
I don't think there's been a thread like this; if there was, sorry. But anyway, what is/was your first job? Did you like it? Any flaws/downsides? And any comment you wanna make.

My first job is my current job working at a movie theater. I like it. I just don't like that a lot of the other workers are lazy or don't show up, etc.
Only other job before this one was working with my mom. But I don't consider helping her an actual job, just cause it's my mom. Downside: I hated going sometimes when I was just tired or had something I wanted to do. I was more or less forced to, since if I'd at a time not wanna go she'd go all meh or whatever. As well, she'd kill so much time doing random jazz when at times I just wanted to work and get home.
Anyway..

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
My first job was working at a Comic book store.

Worked there when i was 17, I recently got fired this past May.
I enjoyed it because i am a fan of Comics. It was awesome because i met alot of interesting people and i usually worked by myself a majority of the time. And of most of that time i was just getting paid to sit in front of a computer on Myspace all day. The only thing i didnt like about the working there was i hated answering phone calls from idiots that ask if we were buying sport cards and then hear the people bitching that "You guys are a card shop and dont deal with Sport cards"

It was really frustrating. Some Guy even threaten to kill me over the phone because i told him i dident know where he can sell his Baskeball cards. Meh it was a good run.

Obito

Awards
I gotmy first job 3 years ago. My first job was working for a local summer camp.Sadly it wasn't watching kids.It was cleaning up after them.It was a fun job though,I used to just hang around with the girls.One of them was my girlfriend.She was 2 years older than me though.Best summer job IMO.(other than working at a movie theater lol)

afrobutt

Silver Member
Worked at a deli. Pro: I now know I never want to work with food, ever.

Con: It sucked. The other people who worked their thought they were Deli-Gods, and made a habit of throwing me in the oven bitching at me everytime I failed to do something perfectly (mind you, I had only been working there for a few weeks). They also expected me to memorize the 40+ abbreviations for the differant foods and such, yet refused to let me write any of them down to study.

Rix

:)
Awards
My first job is also my current job. at a grocery store. Actually one of the most popular stores in the country so it's very busy there...

I don't really like my job. Most because that since the store is in the competition for being the best store, it has to look perfect every day so the workers has to make it look perfect before we go home. So we do never know how late we are gonna work and I don't like that.

I have to find another job...

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
First is where I currently am working. It's an internship/co-op between the college and Virginia's DMME (Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy). Work as a VB and ASP programmer for OMIS (division that handles data management in all the divisions under DMME).

It's not bad, but the work environment is a bit boring. And I can't say I'm the biggest fan of VB. Seems to me that it makes me become lazy.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
my first job was at this place:
300px-99_cents_only_store.jpg

As a cashier. I hated that job. I only lasted 3 months. =/

Blue

home is where the heart is
My first job is my current job working at a movie theater.
I'm currently applying for a job at the movie theater. :D

Anyways, my first job was an inventory one. Lasted only a couple of days, I liked it. The job got paid fairly well. My second one was at a supermarket, I restocked. It was a nice job, the only downside was that I had to get up at 5AM....

Thrax

Switzerland - Zurich / Canada - Scarborough (TN)
Im computer scientist.

you guys in other countries have to study, study study, and study, but in switzerland, you finish the High school with 15/16/17.

Then you have to start your apprenticeship, and there are so many ppl without, an apprenticeship, because they didnt found one, fortunately I found one because my good report. I had also the chance to go to gymi, this is the next step for study, but I dont want to.

Now, my apprentice ship ends in 18 august 2012. Then I graduate.

You see, swiss system is way better then yours. ;)

Euphoria

I've been here for 8 years. Wot?
Awards
Mmm, wrapper/shipper for a jewelry store.

On Saturdays, I'd wrap gifts for anything the customer purcased through a salesman. If I had to work weekdays, I'd be working with other employees and we'd ship items out if needed C:
The weeks leading up to Christmas were awful last year, the shipping room was amazingly busy and crowded while holiday music played over the speakers in the store over and over again.
I worked there for over a year, nine bucks an hour for making boxes look pretty. I quit recently to focus on school, but I plan on going back when I get out C:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back